Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 07:49 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
That's all stupid and false. The guy you're quoting is a liar.
Which equally studied and experienced scholars provide a better definition than the guy I quoted?

What is your definition of fascism?

Why should I take your word more seriously than someone with his depth and breadth of experience about this matter?

Old 01-01-2019, 08:33 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Basically what the left believes as you can see reflected in Subaru posts is that since whites as a group do so well that individual whites must not be being discriminated against in any form. They just delusional, his words, if they thibk so. Of course the USSC decisions ruling these delusions are reality is simply imaginary too i guess
Good grief, again with the sweeping generalizations.

I do not stand for the left, despite your lofty assertion, nor did I ever say that “whites as a group do so well” therefore no individual can ever be discriminated against. Those are your words, not mine.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:39 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
People can already do that at the individual level and not funnel it through a corporation.
Every company I have worked for has never asked my political opinion on where I want the money to go.
Why should they? That’s not in your job responsibilities.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:03 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
What right wing authoritarian policies have been enacted or are being practiced right now?

Old 01-01-2019, 11:16 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What right wing authoritarian policies have been enacted or are being practiced right now?
Support of the Constitution. Support of national sovereignty. Support of Free speech, and legal gun ownership. Oil and Gas production! Drawing down of military in the Middle East.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:19 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Which equally studied and experienced scholars provide a better definition than the guy I quoted?

What is your definition of fascism?

Why should I take your word more seriously than someone with his depth and breadth of experience about this matter?
1. There's no definition in what you quoted.

2. The OED from 1933 says that fascism is organized nationalist resistance to Bolshevism.

3. The guy you quoted doesn't have any "experience". He just says idiotic stuff like, "Fascism starts with a language of brutality."

Fascism is one of those words whose meaning is constantly stretched in different directions to serve political purposes.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ection/510668/

Quote:
But is fascism an accurate heuristic for the populist movements in the United States and Europe that have arisen in recent years, or is invoking the term just a kneejerk way of condemning political opponents? And if it’s inaccurate, might the word still represent a useful case study on the debased value of political language?

The problem, as they might say at Merriam-Webster, is in the definition. Scholars of fascism do not agree on what fascism means; nor, for that matter, do fascist scholars. The difficulty is twofold, and concerns both origins and actions.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 01-01-2019 at 11:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies