Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 09:33 PM

38,856 posts, read 25,670,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Research it like I did!
Here you go:

Majority of undocumented immigrants show up for court, data shows | PunditFact

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 01:04 AM

9,692 posts, read 7,447,199 times
Is it because it's against the law or is it because they going fight trump on everything no matter what it is.

Old 06-29-2018, 01:12 AM

31,028 posts, read 19,620,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If this man is typical of the US Border Patrol we are in good shape down there.

https://youtu.be/eGuSdXiFtLk
The average border agent is going to be about 10 times more intelligent than the average CNN reporter...at the bare minimum.

Old 06-29-2018, 01:53 AM

10,929 posts, read 11,791,723 times
There are compassionate people everywhere in the US, except in the White House.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:41 AM

19,907 posts, read 12,430,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The average border agent is going to be about 10 times more intelligent than the average CNN reporter...at the bare minimum.
She can't handle the truth. She gets very uncomfortable when he tells it like it really is. Their "kids in cages" line is about a .5 on the scale of what those border agents see every day. The centers provide refuge for those kids whose parents sent them on a torture journey possibly to their death in the desert. He tells how he saw a child die of heat stroke. He sees young girls given abortion pills for their trip because rape. And CNN lady (and the entire left) complains about US hurting the children? That is just sick.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:48 AM

8,444 posts, read 4,787,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Not necessarily, I watched a documentary on one of the toughest Mexican prisons, they have special areas set up for women with children, they are permitted to keep their kids with them in the jail, but the kids are not inmates, they are permitted to come and go with another adult.

This jail looked more like a small city, the children would help with laundry, gathering water, etc.
If they prefer the way Mexico runs its prisons they can limit themselves to breaking the law in Mexico. Break the law in America and go to an American run jail or prison. Although if Mexico is offering to take border crossers in to their own prisons and take them off our hands I think I'd be ok with that.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:50 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,143,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So, you support jailing folks who have small violations similar to a minor traffic violation and then housing their kids at taxpayer expense.

Makes tRump-like sense.
Oh, BTW...

That policy you and tRump like so much is a big failure.

Please ignore this witty link.

Plenty of others will click on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
There are compassionate people everywhere in the US, except in the White House.
Actually if you really look closely it's your and other ILLEGAL entrant supporters that totally lack empathy and humanity, especially those protesting loudmouths in CA.

CA contains over 1/3 of the nations homeless and yet these oh-so-sympathetic protesters and loudmouths chant and scream for MORE poor and homeless AND uneducated non English speakers to be allowed to just walk on in and set up housekeeping.

Please explain how it's compassionate and humane to totally ignore the already burgeoning homeless CITIZEN population in favor of total ILLEGAL outsiders? C'mon, I'd love to hear your or anyone's rationalization of that stance...

Now if there were no, or low amounts of severely poor, homeless and underfed people,families and yes those tear jerking chiiiiildren in every city in every state then y'all might, MIGHT have some kind of high ground.

Fix our house first before opening it to others is what I say...

Old 06-29-2018, 09:28 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,670,143 times
Lightbulb Listen up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Actually if you really look closely it's your and other ILLEGAL entrant supporters that totally lack empathy and humanity, especially those protesting loudmouths in CA.

CA contains over 1/3 of the nations homeless and yet these oh-so-sympathetic protesters and loudmouths chant and scream for MORE poor and homeless AND uneducated non English speakers to be allowed to just walk on in and set up housekeeping.

Please explain how it's compassionate and humane to totally ignore the already burgeoning homeless CITIZEN population in favor of total ILLEGAL outsiders? C'mon, I'd love to hear your or anyone's rationalization of that stance...

Now if there were no, or low amounts of severely poor, homeless and underfed people,families and yes those tear jerking chiiiiildren in every city in every state then y'all might, MIGHT have some kind of high ground.

Fix our house first before opening it to others is what I say...

The FIX for our house is to go after the "American" corporations that hire these millions of illegals. That sub-minimum wage workforce is just another facet of corporate welfare.

Of course, the politicos in DC are beholden to the campaign money they get from those corporations, so that's why the only "action" taken against illegals is focused on women and children. Employer sanctions? No way, because the "right people" benefit from illegal migrants.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:53 AM

21,567 posts, read 10,691,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So incoherent.

That's not at all what the situation is. That's what tRump and Sessions told you to think, so that's what you do.

Obama's policy was "catch and release", as Pubs liked to call it. And something like 75% of those released showed up for their court dates. No government detention camps. No family separations. No extra work for CBP/ICE and no extra costs to taxpayers.

Majority of undocumented immigrants show up for court, data shows | PunditFact

Sessions and tRump's 'zero tolerance" policy is akin to jailing everyone caught for minor traffic offenses and taking their kids from them.

It's failed.

Bigly.

Lots of extra work for CBP/ICE agents, lots of extra money spent on their detention camps, lots of bad press.

They ALL do.

Speaking of crybabies...

So 25% don’t show up for their hearing? Is this supposed to be a good point? That’s a pretty high number of people who are no shows. Those are the ones who really can’t prove they deserve refugee status.

Old 06-29-2018, 12:06 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,228,220 times
What that border patrol agent said was true. They have a very different culture with kids south of the border then we do here . I saw it myself... When I was in my twenty's we used to go party in Tijuana. When we would go back to the border to re cross in the middle of the night we'd see 4, 5 year old kids there all by themselves trying to sell us gum. I was shocked and this was 25 years ago. We're trying to fix and control a situation that they created and we're being condemned for it... its insanity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies