Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 07:43 PM

6,117 posts, read 4,609,858 times

Advertisements

I find it interesting that a thread is started about civil discourse with the phrase "opened her pie hole."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 07:44 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Lack of success?
Your list of successes is a mix of empty drivel, incorrect statements, and convenient rewriting of history.

All of the economic upturns and good news started back in late 2009 and early 2010, and yet righties fail to give Obama any credit because of the usual partisan hypocrisy

Idiocy like "the travel ban is upheld" is only a "success" if you're vested in hating various minorities. Do you consider that a success?

Immigration laws were enforced for decades at a comparable level to today. Trump is just making a big show out of continuing the usual - and you bought it.

Silly things like "Praise at Davos" means nothing, or do you want me to count all the various times liberal leaders have received empty praise?

North Korea is busy upgrading its nuclear facilities:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/27/polit...ity/index.html

https://www.wsj.com/articles/north-k...acy-1530100351

Looks like Trump - the fool - was suckered on that one, too. Big shock.

"Fake Iran deal?" No more fake than the North Korean one, and yet you, of course - give Trump credit for that while claiming the similar (failed) deal under Obama was "fake."

Your claims have been completely discredited, and I should expect a more honest look at history before seeing anymore such "proof" of right-wing success, or I'll be disappointed - again - by the far-right and their lack of integrity or interest in the facts.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:46 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I find it interesting that a thread is started about civil discourse with the phrase "opened her pie hole."
Well this is a right-wing forum. No different than the usual threads around here where some right-wing troll makes some sweeping, fact-free, hate-filled accusation against all "liberals" and then plays the victim when people put him in his place. Hypocrisy and the victim card are their game.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:49 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
For all you lefty posters..trigger warning..I might upset your "fee fee's". Here is the latest HILLARY OBSESSION THREAD

Hillary Refuses To Condemn The Left Becoming ‘Uncivil’

Hmm..doesn't that make Hillary guilty of SEDITION?
Between the title and the thread itself, at least you don't pretend to try to be civil. I give you that.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:54 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Liberals claim not to care about Hillary, yet post in the thread and get all emotional lol

Old 07-01-2018, 07:59 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Liberals claim not to care about Hillary, yet post in the thread and get all emotional lol
In a thread started by a conservative!
Quote:
Yep. That was my thought, too.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:31 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
The irony is the only time I hear about Hilary these days is when conservatives post a thread about her here.

Old 07-01-2018, 09:01 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Tell that to the long string of "suicides" by former Clinton allies and aides...
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/clinton-body-bags/
Ron Brown Murder Plot Has Too Many Holes - tribunedigital-chicagotribune

Disprove these. Beyond this, even assuming (very grudgingly) the Clinton murder plot stuff, political murders happened all the time in certain countries. Yet even their leaders (usually, forget Hitler, Stalin) usually did not publically encourage bigotry to their people (i.e. appeal to cheap stereotypes, no matter how provably false, to get people so hot-and-bothered they'd continue to support their cherished leader).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Or maybe it's that Clinton-type corruption is trivial compared stoking a climate of incivility, bigotry, and hate"

" stoking a climate of incivility, bigotry, and hate" which the Cinton's, and the dems, were/are JUST AS GUILTY of doing.

In fact it has have been going it since the John Tower confirmation hearings, "Where do I go toget my reputation back?"

Like I have said, the dems are HUGE hypocrites.
Conflicts of interest (especially with the defense industry), alcoholism -- big deals (the latter was a big deal back in those days)
https://www.nytimes.com/1989/03/10/u...ew-choice.html
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-brief...t-nominations/

Old 07-01-2018, 09:09 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:

would you prefer "flapping her gums"? or any number of other phrases that have been in common parlance for generations?

Old 07-01-2018, 09:09 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
IF it does, then every legislator who vowed to block Obama's every move before they even knew what those moves were is also guilty of it, right?

Where's Mitch? LOCK HIM UP!
Lock them ALL up and start over. We’d all be better off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies