Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2018, 11:14 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times

Advertisements

Oh yeah. And I provide jobs to otherwise unemployable people due to former drug charges. And we don't lock people up for possession any more to feed, house, guard, and provide medical care for.

It's a win win for all.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:17 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
You have to prove it first of all.

Research costs you Not me.
I slap you with a gag order for defamation and libel and slander.

In this model I proposed, the onus is on me to ensure my product is safe to consume by meeting the regulations of growing it naturally and not introducing carcinogens or addictive chemicals.

And zing, hook line and sinker I propose to you a less than ideal outcome and still find a way to screech taxation is theft over 5 cents on a bag of weed to ensure my product is safe for consumption. I have to operate within the law and regulations. You merely get to consume it.

What I proposed is fair, reasonable, to ensure an honest to goodness Devils lettuce makes the market to appeal to both progressive liberals and conservatives.
It lessens the stigma on the conservatives for there will be lower taxes with a new product to market. Give farmers, who vote republican/conservative another cash crop so federal subsidies aren't needed. (Welfare)
Ensures a safe product to market (liberals with their incessant whining and screeching of it isn't safe)

And for 5 cents on a bag of pot you find outrage, AND that I have to operate within appropriate guidelines.
LOL.
I am not outraged but trying to follow this libertarian thinking though in your example. If you are the seller of such nefarious weed you would not be in business long as your reputation would precede you and likely rather quickly in the case of weed. Therefore the regulation would be unnecessary as you have sunk yourself before you barely began.

However if you are the purveyor of Most Excellent Weed then your reputation would also precede you and your business would flourish as you could advertise yourself as the MEW on the planet.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I am not outraged but trying to follow this libertarian thinking though in your example. If you are the seller of such nefarious weed you would not be in business long as your reputation would precede you and likely rather quickly in the case of weed. Therefore the regulation would be unnecessary as you have sunk yourself before you barely began.

However if you are the purveyor of Most Excellent Weed then your reputation would also precede you and your business would flourish as you could advertise yourself as the MEW on the planet.
I went to an extreme with adding a chemical that makes it more addictive causing irreversible and almost instantaneous health effects.
However. Say those chemicals weren't as fast acting. Let's say 20-30 years later, tumors develop. Let's follow the model of asbestos. Back before I was alive asbestos was everywhere. Brakes. Clutches. Insulation. Siding. You name the commercial or industrial use and it was there.

Did mesothelioma develop instantaneously within a year or two or later on down the road?

Again. I may have the best weed on earth. But do I really? Or am I pumping it with a chemical that causes it to be addictive and create cravings and desire to want more?
Is that chemical going to pop up in 20-30 years with a surprise tumor?
How would you know?

Or I really could have top tier weed at an attractive price point because I use Monsanto bug be gone juice. And that is creeping up 20-30 years down the road. After I have already built a reputation and have billions possibly trillions?
Never mind the fact, I have a great legal team, and lobbyists to shill on the hill in my interest and the interest of my competitors. And all that sweet dope tax was collected to give Republicans more tax breaks or if democrats took control, paid for some good feels program like free health insurance?

I know how to market things and appeal to most if not all. I could sell refrigerators to eskimos.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:33 AM

27,544 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
It's happened before. Celtic Ireland was stateless for 2000 years.

The move to a stateless society is already underway; it will take a few generations, but it will happen. It took 200 years for chattel slavery to end.
Without the state to enforce the rule of law, we will go right back to chattel slavery.

The rich and powerful will oppress the poor and powerless and do whatever they like with them without much consequence. Been that way throughout most of history.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Without the state to enforce the rule of law, we will go right back to chattel slavery.

The rich and powerful will oppress the poor and powerless and do whatever they like with them without much consequence. Been that way throughout most of history.
I tried to explain it and appeal to everyone. That point was lost. Because taxation is theft, and regulations are too overbearing.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I went to an extreme with adding a chemical that makes it more addictive causing irreversible and almost instantaneous health effects.
However. Say those chemicals weren't as fast acting. Let's say 20-30 years later, tumors develop. Let's follow the model of asbestos. Back before I was alive asbestos was everywhere. Brakes. Clutches. Insulation. Siding. You name the commercial or industrial use and it was there.

Did mesothelioma develop instantaneously within a year or two or later on down the road?

Again. I may have the best weed on earth. But do I really? Or am I pumping it with a chemical that causes it to be addictive and create cravings and desire to want more?
Is that chemical going to pop up in 20-30 years with a surprise tumor?
How would you know?

Or I really could have top tier weed at an attractive price point because I use Monsanto bug be gone juice. And that is creeping up 20-30 years down the road. After I have already built a reputation and have billions possibly trillions?
Never mind the fact, I have a great legal team, and lobbyists to shill on the hill in my interest and the interest of my competitors. And all that sweet dope tax was collected to give Republicans more tax breaks or if democrats took control, paid for some good feels program like free health insurance?

I know how to market things and appeal to most if not all. I could sell refrigerators to eskimos.
But there is no "hill" to shill to in this libertarian world. People were realizing the affects of asbestos long before the government stepped in to regulate.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:51 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,286 times
Quote:
I get the premise of AnCap but I don't believe that people could function under the system. They are too programmed.
What an arrogant post. Anarchocapitlism is the most misguided and morally bankrupt ideology that exists. Its not even in line with anarchist thought as they want to have oppression and hierarchy as long as its from a corporation not a government.

Old 06-30-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
What an arrogant post. Anarchocapitlism is the most misguided and morally bankrupt ideology that exists. Its not even in line with anarchist thought as they want to have oppression and hierarchy as long as its from a corporation not a government.
Hierarchies will exist whether you want them to or not as they are natural occurrences. You choose a different one for you but they still exist.

Old 06-30-2018, 12:02 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,286 times
Quote:
Hierarchies will exist whether you want them to or not as they are natural occurrences. You choose a different one for you but they still exist.
I am not opposed to hierarchy since I am not an anarchist just pointing out the contradictions in ancap ideology.

Old 06-30-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
But there is no "hill" to shill to in this libertarian world. People were realizing the affects of asbestos long before the government stepped in to regulate.
Where is this libertarian nation? Or state within the continental US or any of its territories?

Again. This is where I find fault in libertarians. I'm all for smaller government absolutely. Do I believe taxation is theft? To a degree yes absolutely. Eliminate the progressive social safety nets welfare social security medicare etc eliminate progressive policies regarding the military so they can go in and win a war rather than have their hands tied pandering to hearts and minds for neocons to justify big military spending...

Now. In this theoretical libertarian world. I set the example that I could con you and risk your health with my product. I gave the extreme example of immediate effects. You had a valid argument.
I switched gears to a potential health issue popping up 20-30 years down the line. After I am already established.

So now I ask. Without a court. Without a police force, and me violating the non aggression principle. How do you seek damages? Do you assemble a neckbeard army to come after me?
In a libertarian world every weapon is legal yes? I have a private army remember? To guard my weed fields...

It's flawed. What are you going to do for retribution? Violate others Non Agression Principles by sending a thermonuclear ICBM at me?

Are you going to follow the liberals ideology of emoting out and exclaiming injustice to form an army on your claims that my product did you harm?

This is where I find a fatal flaw in libertarian ideology.
It all sounds good in the beginning. But you never take variables into consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies