Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 10:26 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,965,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector1489 View Post
I'll save you the trouble of looking at the comment I quoted. It has to do with Trump wanting civil war. Obama began our culture war and identity politics. Any talk of civil war is due to BHO's incessant drum-beating.
It seems rather obvious that Trump suffers a bit of opposition defiance disorder and is inclined to do the opposite of everything that was done by previous presidents. If it was suggested to Trump that he was following in any of Obama's footsteps, he would immediately do something different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 10:27 AM

27,232 posts, read 13,521,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Watch how fast Europe comes to the table when Trump says bring the soldiers home.
I don't think the Germans are bothered, indeed they are currently trying to build an alternative defence force to NATO.

PESCO: EU army one step closer after defense pact agreement - DW

Door opens to keep Britain in EU (security) – POLITICO

U.S. Revives Concerns About European Defense Plans, Rattling NATO allies - The New York Times

Poland and a few of the states bordering Russia are the ones that want US Forces, the rest of Europe is fairly indifferent and other than Germany and Italy there isn't a large US military presence in most European countries.

You can see the US deployment figures here - United States military deployments - Wikipedia

In terms of the UK, the US is in the process of closing Mildenhall, with 2,000 USAF departing, leaving around 6,000 USAF personnel, and there are hardly any personnel from the other US Military branches stationed here.

US military to close 15 bases in Europe - BBC News

If the US wants to withdraw and close it's bases, then so be it, indeed most of the naval, logistics, intelligence, medical and other such facilities are more for American's own benefit. Although Trump hasn't worked this out yet, but he will if he does start a war.

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-04-2018 at 11:14 AM..

Old 07-04-2018, 10:31 AM

31,077 posts, read 22,130,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
With all due respect your knowledge of recent history needs some refreshing. Yemen, Libya, and Syria all predated Obama and were outgrowths of W.'s actions. (I will, however, not defend Obamas actions in Libya regarding Gaddafi) Yemen and Syria are still theaters of war under Trump. Apparently you have already forgotten the servicemen that were killed when Trump ordered an ill advised military operation in Yemen. Where is the Congressional investigation into that fiasco?
"Yemen and Syria" Theaters of war under Bush? The Peace Prize winning Hypocrit owns the destruction in those countries, as 10s of thousands died, and 5 million in disporia in Syria under his reign, not during Bush, not Trump. Not to mention the 2000 American service men killed under Obama's surge in Afganistan. Obama's "Hope and Change" should have been "Hope and Death". Obama should give his peace prize to Trump, who by shear number of deaths Obama caused is much lower now. Thank goodness we have a much more peaceful president now

Old 07-04-2018, 10:42 AM

599 posts, read 277,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
It seems rather obvious that Trump suffers a bit of opposition defiance disorder and is inclined to do the opposite of everything that was done by previous presidents. If it was suggested to Trump that he was following in any of Obama's footsteps, he would immediately do something different.
You hate Trump. I know it's hard, but let's get back to my comment.

The poster wrote Trump wants a civil war. I stated that I believe Obama's rhetoric put us on the path to the civil discourse we see today. Whether it leads to CW remains to be seen.

Can you respond to my comment and leave tds out of it?

Old 07-04-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I hear Libya is looking for one. They haven't had a good little war since Obama attacked them.
When he went on his apology tour of the middle east saying he wouldn't be like past presidents I guess they didn't realize he meant it was going to be for the worse and that he would destroying them
Attached Thumbnails
Trump looking to start a war - any war will do-libya-ob3.jpg   Trump looking to start a war - any war will do-libya-ob1.jpg   Trump looking to start a war - any war will do-libya-ob.jpg  

Old 07-04-2018, 10:47 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,755,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sagain View Post
OH YEAH, except a big tax break for the billionaires, while he EMPTIES YOUR WALLET.

My wallet got fatter due to the tax cuts! I get to keep more of the money I earn AND and I got a nice raise to boot.

Of course, I'm just a hard working, blue collar, Midwesterner trying to raise a family. Definitely not the demographic the D's care about.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:51 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,755,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Yemen and Syria" Theaters of war under Bush? The Peace Prize winning Hypocrit owns the destruction in those countries, as 10s of thousands died, and 5 million in disporia in Syria under his reign, not during Bush, not Trump. Not to mention the 2000 American service men killed under Obama's surge in Afganistan. Obama's "Hope and Change" should have been "Hope and Death". Obama should give his peace prize to Trump, who by shear number of deaths Obama caused is much lower now. Thank goodness we have a much more peaceful president now
You forgot about Libya.

The video of Hillary watching Ghaddafi get raped to death with a bayonet on the laptop, then shutting the laptop, looking up at the camera and saying "We came, we saw, HE DIEEEEEEED!!!!" and cackling like a serial killer about it, is absolutely chilling.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:

The poster wrote Trump wants a civil war. I stated that I believe Obama's rhetoric put us on the path to the civil discourse we see today. Whether it leads to CW remains to be seen.

Why else would 84% of American police vote for Trump over Hillary? Same with a 4:1 margin over Hillary in the Military? And Obama and Hillary are more peaceful than Trump. Last I checked 2000 Americans Service man dies in Afghanistan died under Obama, and 1 since Trump. I guess Trump should try harder

iCasualties | Operation Enduring Freedom | Afghanistan

Old 07-04-2018, 11:06 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,440,881 times
Quote:

Combine the Obama Peace prize for the positive directional change of discourse...truth and peace full measures..with Trumps ODDisorder and we have , what we have today: Libel and slander tweets as Presidential Record. Right hand Sanders gaslighting the American people on a daily basis, Pruitt fleecing unapologetically the taxpayer purse, or what remains after the $$$Christmas gift that keeps on giving to the billionaires that put Trump in office.

And ya know, I have to say it. Trump ran against a woman, with the help of Russia, and still didn't get the popular vote. Sad.

The new party replacing him will be a breath of fresh air once again.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Why should he be any different than those who came before him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies