Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2018, 08:19 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times

Advertisements

Leftists will ignore England's own tabloid paper laughing over the minuscule size and utter failure of this "protest" and continue their belief that all of England shares a mutual hatred of Trump. You'll even clap your hands over a photoshop of the blimp looming large and hanging high over the city, which it did not.

Some real simple minds at work here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 08:21 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Tiny crowd? Looks like there are more people than at Trump's inauguration.
That depends on which alternative facts you use.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:22 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Leftists will ignore England's own tabloid paper laughing over the minuscule size and utter failure of this "protest" and continue their belief that all of England shares a mutual hatred of Trump. You'll even clap your hands over a photoshop of the blimp looming large and hanging high over the city, which it did not.

Some real simple minds at work here.
Speaking of simple minds, Trump just called The Sun "Fake News" on national and UK television.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:23 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Great blimp isn't it?........ It's just a bit of fun. Typical English humour. We know how thin skinned the Donald is. He goes round insulting and saying what he wants. Well, we're going to annoy him in return.

I have some good friends in the UK, and what I enjoy most about them is that they pull no punches and will tell you straight out what they feel. They also have a great, but dry, sense of humor.

This blimpy boy is a stroke of genius, and so very fitting for a man/child like Trump. I hope he sees it and wets his diaper.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:23 AM

956 posts, read 745,592 times
At least America doesn't act like children when other world leaders visit the US. That is just insulting to me as a republican voter.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:24 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
According the The Sun, the blimp flew for two hours before a "tiny crowd".

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/677110...en-down-blimp/

Not exactly the revolution meme that got pushed so hard. The picture and caption at the end of the article made me lol.
Exactly. Whoever was making the video would have been at the back of the crowd to show huge numbers if they were there. Instead there are a few lines deep and a few people wide. So obvious.

Didn't someone make a balloon of their pathetic dummy mayor? I wonder if it was allowed to fly?

Old 07-13-2018, 08:26 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Speaking of simple minds, Trump just called The Sun "Fake News" on national and UK television.

Well, at least Donald Trump is consistent...........consistently stupid. I am so embarrassed that we actually let him go over there.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:27 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
I'm not at all offended by the blimp. It's childish and unbecoming, but I absolutely support the Brits' right to fly it. I am however enjoying a bit of schadenfreude after reading The Sun's scathing mockery of the whole thing. One thing about the Brits that I love: they tell it like it is whether it shines a bright light on the antics of others OR themselves.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:27 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,433,439 times
Quote:
Oh gawd....... his pal Rupert Murdoch owns The Sun.........

Old 07-13-2018, 08:28 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
At least America doesn't act like children when other world leaders visit the US. That is just insulting to me as a republican voter.
By-and-large Americans are too aloof and uneducated to pull a stunt like this when world leaders visit. They are too busy watching funny cat videos on local news or going to the latest iteration of Transformers to care about foreign policy. A large segment of Americans cannot identify the Vice-President, much less name (nevermind understand the policies of) more than a couple of world leaders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies