Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2018, 09:28 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If she's not, the lefties can create charitable foundations to help her. Problem solved.
Or, “she” can have an abortion even if you, InformedConsent doesn’t like it. You have zero control over any other woman’s body.

Believe it or not, before I had an abortion I never once wondered “buuuuttt.....what will randoms on the internet think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 09:46 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Like one per customer and a “background check”?? Lol. “We” think “you” is absurd.
Do you support those kind of absurd controls on guns?

Old 07-08-2018, 09:48 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Or, “she” can have an abortion even if you, InformedConsent doesn’t like it. You have zero control over any other woman’s body.

Believe it or not, before I had an abortion I never once wondered “buuuuttt.....what will randoms on the internet think?
I'm guessing you didn't think about much at all before you got pregnant in the first place, that's why you ended up "needing" an abortion.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Do you support those kind of absurd controls on guns?
I do. Yet I don’t support background checks for other medical procedures, like removing a tumor or having veneers put on one’s teeth.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:00 AM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
In 2014 over 600,000 abortions were performed in the United States and with the recent revelation that we'll be getting a new and likely conservative justice added to the court the left has become concerned about the possible overturning of Roe vs Wade. There's talk of the SCOTUS outlawing abortion or possibly throwing the issue back to the states.

Nobody wants to take away your abortions ladies, we just want some common sense abortion controls. I mean, why would so many of these people actually need an abortion? Can't we come to some sort of compromise? Perhaps we could eliminate abortions for anyone who's had an abortion before? What about strict background checks for anyone seeking an abortion? What about closing the Planned Parenthood loophole? These seem like common sense abortion controls that everyone should be able to support right?
You cannot outlaw abortions, only legal abortions. They will happen regardless of any reactionary neanderthal laws to try to control women. The GOP needs to change its symbol from an elephant to a coat hanger.

If men would learn to keep their zippers up, we might not have a problem.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:01 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Say what you want about stages of development.....

But the fact is that if scientists found the same "clump of cells" on Mars as exists the day after conception, it would be hailed as evidence of life on another planet.

When you have an abortion, you are destroying life.

Tell yourself anything you need to to sleep at night.

And those parents are in complete control of keeping their kids from being separated..... don't cross the border illegally....... problem solved.

All cells are life. Not an argument. Have you ever jerked off? Of course you have. Maybe yesterday. All those dead sperm cells? Every one was alive, and was a potential human being. If they were found on Mars, you have my respect, but that's not important now. If they were found on Mars, they would not be miraculous, they would not be human beings, they would be: cells on Mars. That's it.

You are attempting to force your irrational views on others. Don't do that. Live your life, and only your life. Don't have an abortion if you don't want to.

It is a perfectly rational viewpoint to view a fertilized egg as of no more significance than a collection of cells. An insect is a collection of cells. A sperm cell is just that, and nothing more. A sperm cell is not a human, and is not half a human. An egg is not a human, and not half a human. A fertilized egg is not a human being, and won't be a human being for many months. While it remains in this state, it can be removed with no moral or ethical significance whatsoever.

That is a perfectly rational viewpoint.

If you don't agree with it, then you may conduct yourself according to your own viewpoint. So you might not permit yourself to have an abortion, and you might conduct your sexual activities in such a way as to eliminate the need for an abortion. Good. You are now a moral and rational member of society. Live your life to your standards, and leave others to do the same.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:02 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Hilarious and totally PRICELESS!

Use the same fallacy the anti-gunners use, for abortion and the insanity ensues from the exact same people.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
I'm guessing you didn't think about much at all before you got pregnant in the first place, that's why you ended up "needing" an abortion.
Sorry. I guess I should have thought more about how strangers on the internet would feel about me terminating an unwanted pregnancy. Your opinion should have definitely factored into things!

Old 07-08-2018, 10:05 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
That is not for you to decide. Some people believe that frequent recreational sex is a good thing, and that the occasional random pregnancy is a side effect that can be dealt with by using birth control or abortion. You don't have to live that way, you can choose to live your own life according to your personal standards. But you can't tell others how to live. That's the "free" part of freedom.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:07 AM

I feel kinda bad for all these people who advocate celibacy but it also explains quite a bit....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies