Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 05:47 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,583,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
Some of you should educate yourselves before making WRONG statements. From the dictionary:

ASSAULT. noun: assault; plural noun: assaults

a strong verbal attack.
"the assault on the party's tax policies"
1. 2.
a concerted attempt to do something demanding.

YES he WAS assaulted by the left wing Mob.
You know perfectly well that most people associate the word "assault" with physical violence. I believe that's why you used it, instead of something more neutral, but perfectly accurate, like "confronted."

Old 07-08-2018, 05:48 AM

58,992 posts, read 27,280,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post

Sorry u can spin it however you like but, the cold hard truth is that Trump being nasty started all of this.
Calling NFL players son of b******, calling for police to be rougher on suspects who haven't been convicted, making fun of a disabled man, a war hero who is dying, etc etc etc .
Trump did this.
These politicians(both sides) have to be reminded they work for us.
I see nothing wrong with confronting them peacefully when they are in public.
"Sorry u can spin it however you like but, the cold hard truth is that Trump being nasty started all of this."

This your OWN SPIN.

Trump is a COUNTER PUNCHER.

"Calling NFL players son of b******" Whats the matter all those big tough football players can't take a little heat for their actions.

"What is good for the goose is good for the gander", as they say.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-08-2018 at 05:55 AM.. Reason: Off topic/inflammatory

Old 07-08-2018, 05:56 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,831,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Sorry u can spin it however you like but, the cold hard truth is that Trump being nasty started all of this."

This your OWN SPIN.

Trump is a COUNTER PUNCHER.

"Calling NFL players son of b******" Whats the matter all those big tough football players can't take a little heat for their actions.

"What is good for the goose is good for the gander", as they say.

Uh, think about that for a minute. Don't you think we should expect a little more class and intelligence out of the President of the United States than to get down in the mud with everyone he disagrees with ? All it shows is his weaknesses and his insecurities, he is not strong enough to ignore adversity and becomes a little baby man.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-08-2018 at 05:59 AM.. Reason: Edited quote

Old 07-08-2018, 06:02 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
One video, of someone who may or may not be a supporter. But lets say he is a supporter, what he did was wrong and I don't defend his actions. And, I'm glad he got booted out of the marines because of it. Meanwhile, there are thousands of videos showing the left being just as bad and worse. IF Trump were truly instigating violence then there should be thousands of videos showing the right being just as bad, but there isn't.
Actually, there are tons of videos.

Check out the videos of the Proud Boys/Patriot Prayer rally/riot in Portland.

Check out the videos of the Unite the White march in Charlottesville. Numerous people were assaulted and one woman was killed. Two have already been convicted and there are other court cases pending.

In one case, the Unite-the-Right organizers are being sued in Sines v. Kessler, arguing that the Unite the Right rally wasn’t an expression of free speech that got out of hand, but instead, ... “a direct conspiracy to commit violence.”

Evidence include statements from organizers, including "tweets, podcast discussions, and transcripts" about how "attendees were expected to prepare for — and commit — violence."

https://www.vox.com/2018/3/8/1707183...harlottesville

Old 07-08-2018, 06:10 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,122,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The bistro he was at is located in an area that votes overwhelmingly blue. Louisville itself is anomaly in the state, it was one of the few places where Hillary won and that bistro is in the one of the most liberal sections of the city. Bet most of you are unaware Louisville ranks 11th among metro areas in the percentage of the population that identify LGBT. Louisville really is nothing politically, socially, economically, or demographically like the rest of the state.
I just looked at the stats for the state and there's not enough weight in the cities to outweigh the rest of the state. Live in Chicago now and there are way more people there, than the rest of the state. Would take a lot of work for KY to change it seems.

I do think it'd be interesting though, even though I despise the national DNC, because I think it really would be a "cleaning house" for some of the state. I was shocked to see people still fighting for certain things like basic anti discrimination laws that seem to be pretty common everywhere else. I guess no matter where I end up on the spectrum, I don't like to see people's beliefs "weaponized." As in it becomes oppressive if you don't fit in with the norm.

Hopefully that changes because a lot of the people mean well imo. Maybe that's why Louisville is so unique, even by big city standards.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:10 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
More unhinged hate from the left. I guess MOB RULE is their end game. Like Steve Scalise, I fear for the lives of all Republicans. Hate and violence from the Left grows daily.
No, the Civil War has not started yet....
Bloodshed is on the horizon. Someone is going to get shot as the self control diminishes.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Check out the videos of the Unite the White march in Charlottesville. Numerous people were assaulted and one woman was killed. Two have already been convicted and there are other court cases pending.

In one case, the Unite-the-Right organizers are being sued in Sines v. Kessler, arguing that the Unite the Right rally wasn’t an expression of free speech that got out of hand, but instead, ... “a direct conspiracy to commit violence.”

Evidence include statements from organizers, including "tweets, podcast discussions, and transcripts" about how "attendees were expected to prepare for — and commit — violence."

It is all fun and games, until someone gets hurt(or killed)

Old 07-08-2018, 06:16 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,831,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is all fun and games, until someone gets hurt(or killed)
Well, you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet . There are certainly enough idiots on both sides that this unrest will get out of hand sooner or later. Maybe it is time for another rebellion in America, the last one did a pretty good job. Not saying I condone it, just saying.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:23 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,147,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I just looked at the stats for the state and there's not enough weight in the cities to outweigh the rest of the state. Live in Chicago now and there are way more people there, than the rest of the state. Would take a lot of work for KY to change it seems.

I do think it'd be interesting though, even though I despise the national DNC, because I think it really would be a "cleaning house" for some of the state. I was shocked to see people still fighting for certain things like basic anti discrimination laws that seem to be pretty common everywhere else. I guess no matter where I end up on the spectrum, I don't like to see people's beliefs "weaponized." As in it becomes oppressive if you don't fit in with the norm.

Hopefully that changes because a lot of the people mean well imo. Maybe that's why Louisville is so unique, even by big city standards.
You misunderstand. I don’t think there is anything wrong with the rest of the state. I have lived and traveled a lot of places and Kentuckians are some of the kindest, gentlest, accepting, most helpful people I have ever met. With the exception of a few pockets they are very conservative but don’t care how you choose to live your life. I don’t want it to change and I don’t think Louisville needs to change either.

My only point was Louisville may be in a red state but it isn’t red.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:24 AM

23,498 posts, read 12,496,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"Tons" No doubt for every one that shows the right hitting on people, etc., there are hundreds that show the left doing the same. Thankfully in all of the violence that the left has been doing, no one has been killed but that's not for the lack of trying on the part of the left.

Quote:

Other than fighting with antifa and other lefties, who were blocking their way into the park they had a permit for, and the &$*@ who drove the car that killed the girl, how many innocents were harmed? They had guns with them, how many innocents and lefties were shot, or even shot at? If the left had never shown up, those idiots would have done their stupid little thing and gone home with no one being hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies