Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 07:11 AM

21,181 posts, read 19,792,767 times

Advertisements

Obama interfered with Israel’s elections and it didn’t seem to hurt them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 07:16 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,187,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Chris Matthews was once an insightful and charming journalist who was open about his center-left background.

Somewhere along the line, he became a rabid, slobbering leftist St. Bernard hack schill.

I am not sure when or why it happened, but every time I hear what a pathetic parody he has made himself, it shocks and deeply saddens me.

The sad part is that he has spoken on the issue, and, remarkably, considers himself the same guy that he has always been. Perhaps he is. Perhaps he once had a knack at hiding his underlying mania and is now really showing who he always was.

I used to like him and now I turn as soon as I see his face. Maybe he thinks he is the same as he was; but many of us do not. For me it was more like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde transformation or perhaps I should say Mr. Hyde to Dr. Jekyll!

Perhaps he is on the same medication as Lou Dobbs?

Old 07-11-2018, 07:22 AM

13,666 posts, read 20,804,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Chris Matthews was once an insightful and charming journalist who was open about his center-left background.

Somewhere along the line, he became a rabid, slobbering leftist St. Bernard hack schill.

I am not sure when or why it happened, but every time I hear what a pathetic parody he has made himself, it shocks and deeply saddens me.

The sad part is that he has spoken on the issue, and, remarkably, considers himself the same guy that he has always been. Perhaps he is. Perhaps he once had a knack at hiding his underlying mania and is now really showing who he always was.
True.

Then he got his own show which competes with lots of other similar shows. That explains the outrageousness we see from these pundits. One must distinguish himself from the others and an insightful give and take is not going to do it.

In reality, Hannity, Maddow, Limbaugh, Matthews and all the others probably are a lot closer than we imagine. But in the world of partisan media, that all goes out the window.

In short, it's ENTERTAINMENT.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:19 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,587,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Is Chris Matthews the most clueless idiot on cable news?
Nope!

Carry on.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:30 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,702,857 times
Chris was the first of this type and is quite good at what he does. He actually knows things and has a lot of experience.

I don't watch TV anymore, but if I was going to watch a talking head I'd turn him on.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:40 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,781,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
I used to think Chris Matthews was the worst. Then I watched Sean Hannity and unfortunately Sean takes the cake.
Chris Matthews is much worse. He blows with the wind. First saying that the only reason that Hillary is a front runner is because her husband cheated on her. He said she didn't win the Senate on merit. Then he tries to push Hillary off onto the American people, saying he knows how to get her in there. Do the research and you'll find both accounts.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:46 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,253,111 times
There is one other just as clueless if not more so and that is Keith Olbermann

Old 07-11-2018, 10:12 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,781,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I used to like him and now I turn as soon as I see his face. Maybe he thinks he is the same as he was; but many of us do not. For me it was more like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde transformation or perhaps I should say Mr. Hyde to Dr. Jekyll!

Perhaps he is on the same medication as Lou Dobbs?
I used to like Morning Joe ... Joe and Mika, actually I liked Joe, Mika is liberal but hey, I'm open to opposing views. But Joe turned into Chris Matthews. After the election the vile hatred he and Mika expressed was all that show became about. I took them off my DVR, they had nothing else to offer other than hate.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:14 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,293,486 times
Nope Sean Hannity is Lord of the Cable News Idiots.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:02 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,387,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Just got home from work and switched on the TV to see that moron Chris Matthews spittle all over the screen informing his clueless audience that the evil Putin is trying to subvert "our democracy!!"

What is it with liberals and thinking the US is a democracy huh?
Of course he had a panel of like minded lame brain liberal idiots to reinforce his idiotic narrative with their usual fearmongering and hateful rhetoric.

How does this idiot still have a daily show?
I recall watching Matthews on the day of the Boston Marathon. I was running on the treadmill, and there was Chris talking about a bombing at the Boston Marathon. He brought in one expert after another trying to goad them into saying that it might be a (white) militia-type group. The experts all said, no I don't think there is reason to say that.

Matthews pointed out that the JFK library had been targeted the same day. Wouldn't a white militia group have reason to go after a Democratic President? The JFK library 'bombing' turned out to be an accidental fire due to equipment malfunction, and the bombers turned out to be Islamic terrorists.

SMH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies