Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2018, 06:54 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times

Advertisements

My apologies if someone already mentionned it but the Chicago PD had released the videos coming from the body-cam videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPmfmMoC3r8

Old 07-16-2018, 06:55 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
The celebrities of Chicago need to come out in full force to stop the gang violence, shootings, etc? Celebs have a lot of clout to these people.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:56 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
2,785 shootings in Chicago last year.

They occur mostly in 5/25 Police Districts.

The people who live in these neighborhoods demand CPD “ do something”.

What exactly is something?

Does not appear there was anything that would have prevented the guy from being licensed/ permitted. If he was, show the documents and live. Resisting, running and appearing to go for your gun is more likely to result in your premature death.
If you don't want to answer my questions, fine. Don't.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That excuses what I posted? It's OK for the police to do something illegal because others also do things illegal? I can post many instances where the police lied, planted evidence, set people up and people shouldn't be leery of them?
2,785 shootings in Chicago last year. 650 gun homicides. More than 8000 unlicensed/ unpermitted guns taken off the streets last year.

Whole deal is on camera. The guy chose to resist, run and appeared to be going for his gun.

His reaction resulted in his premature death.

The only thing any of us really control is our own reaction. This guy,for unknown reasons, chose not to control his reaction.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:00 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,793,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
The celebrities of Chicago need to come out in full force to stop the gang violence, shootings, etc? Celebs have a lot of clout to these people.
Everyone apprehended for having a gun illegally or using a gun illegally has to be put in prison for a long time and stay there for a long time. Long as in 10+years. At a minimum. It the criminal shoots someone, it should be 20+. Murder should be life. And no parole for any of them under any circumstances.

That would have far more clout.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:35 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Everyone apprehended for having a gun illegally or using a gun illegally has to be put in prison for a long time and stay there for a long time. Long as in 10+years. At a minimum. It the criminal shoots someone, it should be 20+. Murder should be life. And no parole for any of them under any circumstances.

That would have far more clout.
Thug culture is glorified in music, tv shows, etc. Someone getting 20 years in prison will be a mini-celeb when he gets released.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:43 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
His reaction was consistent with someone who was not licensed to carry or perhaps had something else to hide.

I am not aware if the status of license/ permitting has been disclosed.

Did I miss something?
He had a FOID card which meant the gun was probably registered to him, but he did not have a permit to carry concealed. That's my understanding.

Notice how some though have made it seem like he had an "illegal" gun as in he was an actual criminal who didn't want it traced to him. He was a barber in Chicago's southside. No record according to what I've heard.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:44 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
My apologies if someone already mentionned it but the Chicago PD had released the videos coming from the body-cam videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPmfmMoC3r8
Looks like the police were justified, as he had a concealed gun and even though he was running away, he did reach for the weapon in front of the passing police vehicle.

The Police do have a right to defend themselves and their fellow officers.

I sometimes don't agree with US Police shooting however in this case the video does indeed speak for itself.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:44 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It was a clean stop and a good drop. Even IF the guy was licensed to carry he absolutely went full retard on how he reacted and it looked like he was trying to draw that weapon. The police had to put the fool down. If he was a criminal in possession of a weapon, the police did their jobs.
Stupid folks get shot by cops more often.
Well with your logic someone should go "clean up" those police officers because the woman officer grabbed him when there was no arrest.

Gotta play by the book.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:56 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Bergun and Grumpy 'ol man, I'm with you - but why engage someone so obviously wrong who posts just to post? Personally, I won't waste my time.

Most of us agree there is a real problem with trigger happy cops but this wasn't one of those cases. This isn't Philando Castille, as I've said before, and some folks are so dense they're unaware of Terry stops. They see cop + black man and in their wee little minds, that automatically = wrongful shooting. It's as ignorant as those who see cop + black man and think that = guy deserved it because he didn't comply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies