Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 12:56 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
The Trump Baby blimp, which hovered over protests in London while President Donald Trump made his first official visit to the United Kingdom, is coming to America.

The unflattering depiction of Trump, with an orange complexion, snarling expression and tiny hands, caught the attention of people around the world, including an activist in New Jersey who decided the helium balloon needed to visit his state.
The Trump Baby Blimp Is Coming To America

I think there should be one at every state fair in the country this year!
Civilized Britons allowed that over there. Militant republicans will go to war and sabotage that poor blimp before it has a chance to travel the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 01:01 PM

1,199 posts, read 639,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
This said, he is still the president, why are you as Americans so happy when foreign country disrespecting your own president? This is something I will never understand.
It's all a matter of perspective, isn't it? Putin has bent Trump over his knee and spanked him repeatedly, and Trump supporters are spinning it as good diplomacy.

I'm not happy that foreign countries are disrespecting the office of the president; I'm disappointed that the office is occupied by someone who makes himself such an easy target. It's embarrassing watching a tactless, barely literate trust-fund baby direct foreign policy based on his mood.

This guy has spent his short time in office dumping on journalists, dumping on critics in Congress, putting out dog whistles for hate groups, and making enemies of historical allies. Trump publicly criticized the mayor of London via Twitter for his response to the 2017 terror attacks. Trump used those tragedies to rail against Muslim immigrants, and even made the unhelpful point that the terrorists used knives and trucks, instead of guns.

If other leaders want to express their disapproval of this buffoon in blimp form, I can respect that. And if people want to fly blimps here, I can respect that too. You folks will giggle about all the angry liberals with "TDS," Trump will continue to call all of his critics obstructionists and enemies, and we'll move on to the next fight.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:12 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Why do we keep reading this cry baby nonsense? Is that the only weapon you have to combat the truth that the baffoon you help elect has alienated the US from most of the world? That has buddied up with one of the worse dictators ever who would slip Donny a goodbye micky in a heartbeat when he's done with him? That has made it more difficult for all US travelers abroad to deal with the "ugly American" stereotype - even though we detest this guy?

The cry baby thing is really old and infantile - face it - you blew it.
Your children came up with a baby Trump doll to cuddle with at night and you're complaining about the cry baby thing.

I got it, you don't want to make America great again....but I do. Face it, you lost and America won in Nov 16, time to accept the results of the election.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:15 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
This thing amuses me greatly.

Only because it really ticks him off.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
This thing amuses me greatly.

Only because it really ticks him off.
You should get one to cuddle with at night.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:20 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Americans will never go under the boot quietly and meekly. It's not our nature. Seems we will see how thin skinned the Cult really is. I guess they could shoot it down?

Old 07-17-2018, 01:24 PM

1,199 posts, read 639,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Your children came up with a baby Trump doll and you're complaining about the cry baby thing.

I got it, you don't want to make America great again....but I do. Face it, you lost and America won in Nov 16, time to accept the results of the election.
Honest question. Did American really "win?" Since the election, a cross-section of Trump's most rabid supporters have spent countless hours trolling message boards like this one to revel in the liberal tears and trade jabs with Trump's critics.

When my in-laws talk about how great American used to be (and will be again), they paint a Rockwellian picture of an all-white, blue-collar neighborhood, where everyone goes to church, the man goes to work, the wife stays home, etc. They're certainly not talking about a bunch of idiots like us going back and forth anonymously over a computer or cell phone.

I guess Trump supporters can point the electoral map and yell "SCOREBOARD!," but what other tangible victories has America (or at least Trump's America) actually achieved?

Old 07-17-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Americans will never go under the boot quietly and meekly. It's not our nature. Seems we will see how thin skinned the Cult really is. I guess they could shoot it down?
Every liberal now needs a Trump doll to cuddle with every night.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
You should get one to cuddle with at night.
Why? Are you telling me Trump is spying on me while I sleep?

I think that thing is funny. It's not cuddly.

LOL.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Honest question. Did American really "win?" Since the election, a cross-section of Trump's most rabid supporters have spent countless hours trolling message boards like this one to revel in the liberal tears and trade jabs with Trump's critics.

When my in-laws talk about how great American used to be (and will be again), they paint a Rockwellian picture of an all-white, blue-collar neighborhood, where everyone goes to church, the man goes to work, the wife stays home, etc. They're certainly not talking about a bunch of idiots like us going back and forth anonymously over a computer or cell phone.

I guess Trump supporters can point the electoral map and yell "SCOREBOARD!," but what other tangible victories has America (or at least Trump's America) actually achieved?
None. Trump is basking in the glow of a good economy that was happening whether he was in office or not. I don't really credit presidents with the actual economy.

In other words, we could be doing even better here at home if we had responsible, capable leadership.

Once he is out of office, no matter the party of the person who takes over, that person will spend a good amount of time doing damage control here and abroad for all the stuff Trump screwed up, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies