Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 02:18 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,851,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Trump ignored it because he has no love or loyalty for this nation.

His cultists worship him for much the same reason.
I don't think Our Dear Leader ignored it.

What he took away from the briefing was that the US intelligence agencies are attempting to denigrate his great victory.

Old 07-19-2018, 02:23 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Obama imposed significant sanctions (which were secretly undercut by Mike Flynn), expressly warned the Russians that engaging in further interference would result in additional penalties and sought to show a unified front against the Russians by issuing a bi-partisan denouncement of their activities (rejected by Mitch McConnell). You have a funny definition of “literally covered”.

I wish Obama did more but, like many of his foreign policy decisions, in hindsight he failed to show enough strength. Given the circumstances and the optics of announcing or sanctioning Russia for interfering with the election in a way beneficial to the GOP at the height of election season, i think his decision is more defensible than others he made.

How Obama’s failings excuse Trump’s current failings is anyone’s guess. One has nothing to do with the other. If people want to lay some fault at Obama’s feet for not counteracting the threat, I’m receptive to hear that argument irrespective of the mitigating circumstances, but that has nothing to do with what our current President has (and has not) done to address the known threat as urged by his own advisors.

Talk is cheap.

Did Obama provide weapons to the Ukraine?

Only MREs and space blankets you say?

Well, Trump did supply them with weapons.

How about Georgia?

Any material help from O on that one?

No?

Well, Trump supplied them with weapons too.

Someone once said, "Speak softly but carry a big stick!"

Old 07-19-2018, 03:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
They were Hillary Clinton's emails, at least the ones that Hillary didn't delete using BleachBit while under subpoena. They were John Podesta's emails. They were evidence of the DNC corruption and lies to the American people. The Russians didn't write them.

They were stolen. Tell me - what do you think Preibus' private emails would have looked like. Do you IMAGINE that he wanted Trump to be the face of his party early on?

But it's not a fair fight because only ONE parties emails were stolen.

However, we are now discovering that the Republican party is knee deep in Russians.

So interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I don't think Our Dear Leader ignored it.

What he took away from the briefing was that the US intelligence agencies are attempting to denigrate his great victory.
That is the only way he can see it. He cannot separate collusion from Russian meddling and what we can to stop it now.

As with all other things, Trump can see only in terms of himself. Not the country.

Old 07-19-2018, 04:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
All these pages and I still do not see what it was the Trump should have done.

Old 07-19-2018, 04:25 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,387,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
No. We’re not doing this. Why did Trump cover for the Russians? He literally covered for a direct attack on American democracy. There is no equivalence anywhere.
Amen! How are so many on the right missing this 900 pound gorilla in the room?

Old 07-19-2018, 04:31 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,637,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Use your computer.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:35 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,694,677 times
Quote:
He should not have spent all this time,up until this week no less, feigning ambivalence to facts he was given before he was President. That should give one a window into his motives, honesty, intelligence or how big a mess he is in.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
He should not have spent all this time,up until this week no less, feigning ambivalence to facts he was given before he was President. That should give one a window into his motives, honesty, intelligence or how big a mess he is in.
Sorry, who wasn't? Obama was calling people crazy for saying the election wasn't going to be legit.

Trump should have been something different than Obama was?

Old 07-19-2018, 07:48 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,295,598 times
Quote:
I think it's more what he should NOT have done last week when meeting with Putin. Like saying he trusts him over our own intel, basically.

And, frankly, what he should have done when he found out 2 weeks before his inauguration that his win may have been the result of Russian meddling was agree to a more thorough investigation.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:59 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,737,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
They were stolen. Tell me - what do you think Preibus' private emails would have looked like. Do you IMAGINE that he wanted Trump to be the face of his party early on?

But it's not a fair fight because only ONE parties emails were stolen.

However, we are now discovering that the Republican party is knee deep in Russians.

So interesting.

That is the only way he can see it. He cannot separate collusion from Russian meddling and what we can to stop it now.

As with all other things, Trump can see only in terms of himself. Not the country.
It wasn't long ago that Secretary Clinton brokered the Russian uranium deal.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/u...m-company.html

Clinton had a lot of Russian contacts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies