Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 06:39 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Amazon now has stores without cashiers that soon will be the future of more stores.

How can the left explain killing jobs and being there for better possibilities for the weakest and poorest.
blah blah blah. got a link? No?

FAKE NEWS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 06:39 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The right will give jobs to the Chinese and happily sell you the results of their cheap labor at inflated prices, just ask the Trump family.
So what???!!!

Old 07-19-2018, 06:41 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The left is out of its mind.

They will pay you 15 per hour but won't do anything to give anyone a job. Its like winning a camping trip to Yellowstone but you can't leave your backyard.
Why are you guys so stuck on $15 an hour? I thought all of you Conservatives on CD were so rich and successful? For a group that’s so wealthy, you guys sure seem bent out of shape that someone might get $15 an hour...a rather paltry sum of money.

Which tells me that most of you aren’t earning anywhere close to that sum because you’re jealous that someone else is getting more than you.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:43 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Amazon now has stores without cashiers that soon will be the future of more stores.

How can the left explain killing jobs and being there for better possibilities for the weakest and poorest.
Walmart also has "Scan & Go." No cashier. You scan your purchases, pay and go. There are still some cashiers for those who don't like to scan their own. Unless I only have a few items, I go to the cashier lane.

Whenever the minimum wage is raised, jobs are lost. That's just a fact. One example that dates back many years ...gas station attendants. Now, it's all self serve. Gas stations used to be a great after school or summer job for teens.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:45 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Another baseless, fact free, rant thread by you know who.

What do you expect the OP to do?! Trump is getting hammered by the entire world. City-Data Trumplings gotta do something.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:48 AM

13,692 posts, read 9,009,247 times
So, this thread is about how liberals are killing off jobs by raising the minimum wage.

Yet, we have this other thread about how wages are falling despite the vaulted Tax Reform bill that was designed, so it was claimed, to raise wages:

Wages falling-Companies using tax breaks on stock buybacks rather than paying employees more

Seems like a bit of a disconnect going on.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:52 AM

326 posts, read 199,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why are you guys so stuck on $15 an hour? I thought all of you Conservatives on CD were so rich and successful? For a group that’s so wealthy, you guys sure seem bent out of shape that someone might get $15 an hour...a rather paltry sum of money.

Which tells me that most of you aren’t earning anywhere close to that sum because you’re jealous that someone else is getting more than you.
I make $38 plus I'm rolling in OT for 9 months out of the year. I don't claim to be wealthy but what I do know is I started at the bottom (that would be $6 an hour in 1994) and never stood in a picket line complaining that my McJob didn't pay enough. What I did do was better myself by learning a trade which made me more money.

The $15 minimum wage here will cost a few people their jobs I'm sure.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:59 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsCruisin View Post
I make $38 plus I'm rolling in OT for 9 months out of the year. I don't claim to be wealthy but what I do know is I started at the bottom (that would be $6 an hour in 1994) and never stood in a picket line complaining that my McJob didn't pay enough. What I did do was better myself by learning a trade which made me more money.

The $15 minimum wage here will cost a few people their jobs I'm sure.
Yeah, the perfect Horatio Alger story. 👌🏿

Just learn a trade, and you’ll all earn $38 and hour plus unlimited overtime, Folks!!

Old 07-19-2018, 07:09 AM

326 posts, read 199,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, the perfect Horatio Alger story. 👌🏿

Just learn a trade, and you’ll all earn $38 and hour plus unlimited overtime, Folks!!
LOL... or just stand around holding a sign complaining that somebody owes you a living and don't lift a finger to better yourself.

That's today's Democrats!! Give me free stuff!

Old 07-19-2018, 07:14 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Less than 2% of American workers earn minimum wage. Most are teenagers and early 20s in their first job.

5 facts about the minimum wage | Pew Research Center
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies