Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 11:47 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,303,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Huh? Where did I say the Proud Boys shouldn't be allowed to travel and demonstrate? If they want to have a peaceful rally, they have a right to do that. But like I said: they are going to Portland to pick a fight. They have a history of initiating scuffles.
Thanks for highlighting the obvious. There are extremes on every side. What's the point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 11:47 AM

20,741 posts, read 19,445,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
soooooo.... here is how it works.

when a right winger is going to have a speech and the left thugs show up, the violence that follows is the right wing speakers fault.

when the left winger is going to speak and the right winger thugs show up, the violence that follows is the right wing thugs fault.

when the left takes over some place and shuts down all dissent, and some right wing group takes exception to it, the violence that follows is the rights fault.

if there is violence and that violence is between two or more left wing groups it is the right wings fault.

in all cases, violence that occurs anywhere in the world for any reason is Donald Trumps fault.

get it people.

When Clinton operatives are on tape saying they were hiring goons to assault American citizens , it was Trump's fault.
A new video investigation released Monday by James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas Action shows how Democratic-aligned organizations used a tactic called 'bird-dogging' to incite violence and chaos at Trump rallies for media consumption. A key Clinton operative is captured on camera saying, "It doesn’t matter what the friggin’ legal and ethics people say, we need to win this bleepadeebleep."

Old 07-19-2018, 11:48 AM

29,551 posts, read 22,894,120 times
I'm curious as to how those who support groups like Proud Boys (under false pretenses of valuing freedom of speech) would feel if a group of American flag burners were beaten up by counter protesters. Or if Antifa members themselves were beaten up. Or similar.

So much for freedom of speech and peaceful protests huh?

Old 07-19-2018, 11:49 AM

34,289 posts, read 19,459,341 times
bunch of brain dead idiots. They should go to Washington and engage in lawful 1-1 combat supervised by police. Instead they come down here because most of them are only brave in groups. They don't want to fight...they want to stomp on someone as a group. With weapons.

BTW if you think im talking about one of the sides here, I am not. I'm talking about both sides.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:50 AM

34,289 posts, read 19,459,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
When Clinton operatives are on tape saying they were hiring goons to assault American citizens , it was Trump's fault.
A new video investigation released Monday by James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas Action shows how Democratic-aligned organizations used a tactic called 'bird-dogging' to incite violence and chaos at Trump rallies for media consumption. A key Clinton operative is captured on camera saying, "It doesn’t matter what the friggin’ legal and ethics people say, we need to win this bleepadeebleep."
Veritas is legendary for editing audio to lie and misinform. James OKeefe is a criminal.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:50 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,303,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Weren't these guys standing along side Nazis and KKK members?
So? Extreme people hanging out with other extreme groups, is anyone surprised?

Old 07-19-2018, 11:54 AM

29,977 posts, read 25,108,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sure, but that's not my point. At all. I'm not debating whether Antifa is a 'good' group or not, they are violent extremists.

Just like groups such as Proud Boys who marched with other extremist groups for Unite the Right rallies.

My point is that whenever groups like Proud Boys plan a rally, they specifically target locations where they know they will antagonize the local population. They are looking to get into fights and being attacked, as that fits their agenda and gives them more publicity and sympathy from more moderate whites.

So long as they are not advocating violence or attacking people, I could care less. When you throw the first punch, you are the one starting the fight.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:02 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,983,449 times
It's time to kick some Antifa ass!

Old 07-19-2018, 12:04 PM

12,685 posts, read 6,770,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sure, but that's not my point. At all. I'm not debating whether Antifa is a 'good' group or not, they are violent extremists.

Just like groups such as Proud Boys who marched with other extremist groups for Unite the Right rallies.

My point is that whenever groups like Proud Boys plan a rally, they specifically target locations where they know they will antagonize the local population. They are looking to get into fights and being attacked, as that fits their agenda and gives them more publicity and sympathy from more moderate whites.
And just like the KKK marching in Skokie, IL (Jewish community), the solution is quite simple. Ignore them and they'll go away. Attack them and you'll give them exactly what they want.

Therein lies the true stupidity of Antifa and the Far Left. They are so hell-bent on silencing all opposition. They don't seem to realize that they've become the Alt-Right's best recruiting tool -- though I'm not sold on the theory that the Proud Boys are actually Alt-Right.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:05 PM

12,685 posts, read 6,770,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Veritas is legendary for editing audio to lie and misinform. James OKeefe is a criminal.
So by this logic, CNN and MSNBC are criminal organizations.

Okay, glad we've cleared that up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies