Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 12:09 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,747,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Violent Right Wing Thugs Going to Portland Ore. to Initiate Violence
They are following Trumps suggestion to "punch people in the face".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 12:14 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,971,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are following Trumps suggestion to "punch people in the face".

You mean like Antifa is trying to do?

Old 07-19-2018, 12:31 PM

29,531 posts, read 22,762,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
So long as they are not advocating violence or attacking people, I could care less. When you throw the first punch, you are the one starting the fight.
I agree.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:55 PM

20,495 posts, read 12,421,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
When Clinton operatives are on tape saying they were hiring goons to assault American citizens , it was Trump's fault.
A new video investigation released Monday by James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas Action shows how Democratic-aligned organizations used a tactic called 'bird-dogging' to incite violence and chaos at Trump rallies for media consumption. A key Clinton operative is captured on camera saying, "It doesn’t matter what the friggin’ legal and ethics people say, we need to win this bleepadeebleep."
you gotta understand that Okeefe needs to die because he has been illiberal. the left doesn't play

Old 07-19-2018, 12:55 PM

977 posts, read 570,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sure, but that's not my point. At all. I'm not debating whether Antifa is a 'good' group or not, they are violent extremists.

Just like groups such as Proud Boys who marched with other extremist groups for Unite the Right rallies.

My point is that whenever groups like Proud Boys plan a rally, they specifically target locations where they know they will antagonize the local population. They are looking to get into fights and being attacked, as that fits their agenda and gives them more publicity and sympathy from more moderate whites.
There's an effective response to that tactic, then. Don't engage. Ignore the Proud Boys and let them have whatever demonstration they've planned. If ANTIFA or anyone else comes and gets violent, that's on them, not the Proud Boys.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:49 PM

29,225 posts, read 22,442,019 times
The Proud Boys were last in Portland in May.

The cops broke up the event and sent everyone home before the Proud Boys got a show-down with the Antifa, so I'm thinking they're now returning for the confrontation they missed the first time around.

The Portland police won't ever give them that satisfaction though. The Portland businesses have had enough of street demonstrations, and want no more of them.

The Portland police are now using flash-bang tactics to break them up fast. The flash-bang concussions and noise are much quicker acting to break up a demonstration than tear gas or other non-lethal methods, and the grenades leave only a little smoke behind that doesn't persist for days.

Antifa probably wanted the confrontation as much as the Proud Boys, but it's not going to happen. The last one was the last one.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:57 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,585,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Interesting...without Antifa..they wouldn't be doing anything now would they ?

Yes. Yes they would. Have you ever seen the white nationalists in action? Do some reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Huh? Where did I say the Proud Boys shouldn't be allowed to travel and demonstrate? If they want to have a peaceful rally, they have a right to do that. But like I said: they are going to Portland to pick a fight. They have a history of initiating scuffles.
They most certainly do. They hate this country with our diversity and would burn in down in a minute. With a tiki torch if necessary.

Old 07-19-2018, 04:00 PM

29,861 posts, read 24,990,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

They most certainly do. They hate this country with our diversity and would burn in down in a minute. With a tiki torch if necessary.

And in the same breath, you could say Antifa hates our country, with our laws and order, bountiful employment opportunities and a society that values hard work and contribution.

These fringe groups that are demonstrating do not represent a sizable majority of the American people. Their get togethers would be ignored by the masses if it weren't for the lame stream media continuously pushing the divide and conquer strategy. If the people stopped lapping it up, it would end, but too many people do not want it to end. They want Americans at each other's throats, because it's incredibly profitable for some, and allows others to command all the wealth and control.

Last edited by andywire; 07-19-2018 at 04:09 PM..

Old 07-19-2018, 04:42 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,585,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
And in the same breath, you could say Antifa hates our country, with our laws and order, bountiful employment opportunities and a society that values hard work and contribution.
But THIS thread is about the Proud Boys. As much as you want to make it about Antifa - it's not. Start your own thread.

If I have to choose between white supremacists and anti-fascists ~ I would to be on the anti-fascist side.

Old 07-19-2018, 04:48 PM

29,861 posts, read 24,990,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
But THIS thread is about the Proud Boys. As much as you want to make it about Antifa - it's not. Start your own thread.

If I have to choose between white supremacists and anti-fascists ~ I would to be on the anti-fascist side.
This thread is based on a false premise... That white nationalists, or whatever you claim they are, are out to start a fight. They have the right to assemble and demonstrate without being subjected to violence. If they are attacked by a competing mob, and they are forced to defend themselves, they don't deserve to be blamed for being attacked.

You are free to attack the message, but no one has the right to attack the messenger. That's patently uncivilized.

There are plenty enough threads demeaning antifa. Whenever antifa gets together, only embarrassment follows for their pointless members. Antifa is a bad joke, and I don't have to make any effort or create threads for that point to be made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies