Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 07:02 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I suspect that I could vote in two states even though I moved five years ago. I don't think it is a priority for the new state to notify the old state. These are registrations, not votes cast.
It’s not illegal to be registered to vote in multiple states.

There is no requirement for states to share registration information.

There is no national registration database.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 07:04 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It’s not illegal to be registered to vote in multiple states.

There is no requirement for states to share registration information.

There is no national registration database.

But, you will be arrested for voting in a national election, in 2 different locations...... If you get caught.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:06 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Can you provide one shred of evidence that Hillary received votes from illegals or dead people?

Use of the term "ghost voters" in this article is completely inappropriate. Registration is not the same as voting. I myself have been registered in more than one state at times. If you recall, Trump's daughter Tiffany and son-in-law Jared Kushner were also found to be registered in more than one state. Non-citizens can also find themselves registered inadvertently. None of this is illegal.
No. They cannot. Trump's own 'voter investigation' got thrown out of court. It's just another attempt to fling mud and see what sticks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
translation- you have nothing to refute the OP.

Great informative post. What would we do without you?
There is absolutely nothing to refute. There is no evidence of voter fraud in the conservative think-tank information shared.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
So now conservatives are trying desperately to find an answer to the question that's been bugging them since the 2016 Presidential election: "Just how in the hell did Hillary Clinton get 3 million more votes than their messiah?" They can't come up with anything that can be substantiated so they suddenly "find" 3 million ghost voters dredged up by some ultra right-wing think tank organization. I guess it makes them able to sleep better at night.

No indication the ghosts voted.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Republicans have investigated these claims for years and can find nothing to support the claims of fraudulent votes.

Yes voting lists tend to have may people who don't vote on it.

Remember when there was the report of folks in Trump's campaign being registered in two states. I checked and found I was listed in two states.

We moved -- my name never got off the original voting list.
People die and don't get removed.
Some people are listed twice.

I never voted in Georgia and in South Carolina. Neither did those Trump campaign workers....or family (can't remember exactly who it was).
Jared Kushner was registered in NJ and N.Y.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:51 AM

[quote=cttransplant85;52548270]This is why no one should believe this ridiculous campaign by the Democrats that there aren't enough people registered. Our voter rolls are overflowing. There are more registered voters than citizens in this country. What we actually need to do is to clean up our voters rolls. Does anyone actually believe that illegal aliens are not voting? Of course they are.[

Opinions are not facts.

More registered voters than citizens? What’s your credible source?

Depending on who is counting, 20-25% who are eligible to vote are not registered.

One state does not require or enable voter registration.

Of those registered, less than 60% actually voted in 2016.

States are not required to share voter registration information.

There is no national registry of voter registration.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:53 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
People move, people die, etc. Some people move pretty often.

I don't think this is evidence of anything.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
CA has the largest population so it's not surprising their number of fraudulent votes is the highest. What is surprising is that it has 60 TIMES more fraudulent voters than Texas, the state with the next highest population. That type of discrepancy is NOT an honest mistake.

It becomes more clear all the time why Democrats oppose any efforts to ensure legal elections.

The estimate for California’s population is 39.5 million people of which about 25 million are eligible to vote.

14.1 million voted in the 2016 Presidential election.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That sounds about right. 2.6 million people die every year, but they are not purged from the voter rolls annually.
There are 3,007 counties in the US and the death certificate process is highly variable.

Regardless of county/ state the process tends to be manual. It can take several weeks / months for a county to record a death certificate. The state may or may not require county notification of recorded death certificates

The executor, administrator or next of kin is responsible for notifying SSA. When the deceased was receiving SS benefit, it becomes necessary for the estate to refund SSA for a prorate sum of the monthly benefit.

There does not appear to be interaction between SSA and the county and voter registration.

No one is required to notify the state, any state, when they move out of state or maintain dual residences or travel to another state.

One state does not have a voter registration process. A voter shows with an ID and votes.

There is no national death certificate or voter registration database.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:12 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
CA has the largest population so it's not surprising their number of fraudulent votes is the highest. What is surprising is that it has 60 TIMES more fraudulent voters than Texas, the state with the next highest population.
Statement not backed by evidence presented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies