Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 02:45 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,751,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Been there done that.

I was at an iHop in MD. Pretty young mom was breast feeding her baby in the waiting area where you walk in. I was just stunned I hadn't expected to be treated by a mom breast feeding. The baby let loose and the nipple winked at me. I am a man I looked. I don't think I stared , if I did my wife would have made a deal of it. The young mom scowled a moment as she re-holstered her weapon.

I was at a small deli . I ordered a hoagie. The woman making it was early 20's and very pregnant. NO bra and wearing a sun dress. Her breasts were out of that dress more than in. Girl didn't care. My wife did and chewed me out all the way home for starting. I am a healthy straight male. Perky boobs interest me.

My point is breast feeding is perfectly natural, but we don t see it a lot. So when we do we tend to look.
The second scenario was just me reliving a fond memory from last week.
You know the creep who grabbed the waitress this last week (and got manhandled and arrested for it too) was also with his wife when he did it. Some women are not a barometer for whether or not some guy is being a sleaze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 03:49 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,759,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I was eating breakfast at a restaurant not long ago and a woman was breastfeeding, the baby dropped down and a big red swollen nipple was staring at me.

The mother glared at me I don't know whether it was embarrassment or she was appalled that I was looking. She was right in my straight forward line of vision.

That is all I have to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Been there done that.

I was at an iHop in MD. Pretty young mom was breast feeding her baby in the waiting area where you walk in. I was just stunned I hadn't expected to be treated by a mom breast feeding. The baby let loose and the nipple winked at me. I am a man I looked. I don't think I stared , if I did my wife would have made a deal of it. The young mom scowled a moment as she re-holstered her weapon.

I was at a small deli . I ordered a hoagie. The woman making it was early 20's and very pregnant. NO bra and wearing a sun dress. Her breasts were out of that dress more than in. Girl didn't care. My wife did and chewed me out all the way home for starting. I am a healthy straight male. Perky boobs interest me.

My point is breast feeding is perfectly natural, but we don t see it a lot. So when we do we tend to look.
The second scenario was just me reliving a fond memory from last week.

I'm all for women breast feeding wherever they want but they've got to understand that if they're putting their boobs out there some guys are gonna look.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:56 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,292,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I'm all for women breast feeding wherever they want but they've got to understand that if they're putting their boobs out there some guys are gonna look.
I think they know people are going to look sometimes, but I think it's fair to defend these women against aggressive comments and outright staring.

Those are unacceptable.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Have you done a study of the parts per million content of different biological material at sea as compared to the swimming pool?

However, based on your comment, what areas are safe to swim at sea than at the swimming pool?
Yes, it is a lot more dispersed but it has not chemicals to destroy harmful content as in the pool. My conclusion would be that the swimming pool does contain a greater concentration of protective chemicals than the sea.
For Gawd's sake, it was part of some light-hearted conversation until some overanalyzers got involved.

Old 07-31-2018, 12:06 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,557,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
For Gawd's sake, it was part of some light-hearted conversation until some overanalyzers got involved.
So what is wrong with using analytical skills? Light-hearted conversation?
Remember that this forum is based on written communication. Written communication has its flaws. One of them can be missing body language. So if you think it is light-hearted, OK, got it. However, it does not look that way by comparing the comments of others. Argumentation means learning from others, not necessarily verbal fights. At least that is from the philosophical angle and that is my angle. Your point is noted though.

You have a great day.
elamigo

Old 07-31-2018, 01:14 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,388,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Consideration for how others might feel when deciding how to act in public is dead and it is all about ME, ME, ME. Surely, they had a towel available.
At a pool? Impossible.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:14 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,405,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Breastfeeding IN a public pool is not cool. It involves bodily fluids in a shared pool of water that people are swimming in, ladies. Step out of the pool and whip them boobs out but not IN the pool, please? Is that really too much to ask?
At times SJWs don't consider such factors. It's often the "I am offended and here's why"-type mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies