Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 03:20 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
What I have put in bold and italics is one hell of a scary sentiment. Do many Americans share it?
More than this American is comfortable with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 03:30 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Lesbians and gays to begin with are nothing alike. The only thing that could keep them together is a powerful common enemy. There is something rather dull in my view when it comes to lesbians. I just cannot shake off in my imagination the flannel , and home repair projects. Gay men on the other hand, when considering the best of them, I perceive to be charismatic and powerful political enemies or allies.
Your imagination seems a bit limited, at least with respect to this. Lots of straight women like flannel, lots of lesbians are quite feminine, and what the hell is wrong with anyone - male or female, gay or straight - knowing how to do home repair? I fixed one of our toilets a couple of months ago. It was just a minor fix, but having a plumber out probably would have cost in excess of a hundred bucks. It didn't make me a lesbian, and it sure as **** didn't make me "dull." That is, of course, unless you consider saving money boring.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:03 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
If you go by the biblical perspective of God making man and woman to be one flesh upon marriage, I would say homosexuality is not natural.
The New Testament clearly states to love everyone (even your enemies.)

How could a righteous homosexual be un-natural in the eyes of Jesus?

Quote:
If we had irrefutable proof of a gene that is a cause of sexual orientation (gay, bi, or hetero), the situation would be even more of a conservation-piece.
(2) "gay genes" were found in 2017.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...l-orientation/

Old 07-25-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
There have been psychopathic serial killers for more than 1000 years. Many were accepted and even celebrated by their society. Are we to accept that as natural and normal too?

Slavery and human trafficking has been practiced by humans for more than 2000 years and was/is widely accepted in the societies where it was practiced. Slavery is "natural"?

Ritual sacrifice has also been practiced by humans for thousands of years (and still is). This is normal/natural as well?

Cannibalism?

Incest?

Pedophilia?

A lot of abnormal, unacceptable behaviors among humans has been happening for more than 1000 years. I do not accept any of it as normal or natural. I am not saying homosexuality is equal to these other behaviors or that it must be stopped. I think who someone has sex with is their business, but that does not mean it is any more normal or natural than any of these other behaviors (which are clearly unacceptable). The fact that it is currently PC does not change the fact that thousands of years of practice/acceptance amongst humans does not mandate acceptance.

The argument that people have been doing something for thousands of years therefore it must be accepted does not fly. You need to go find another argument. There are many better ones to support your position.
Can you list any tribe, country, state, or society in last 2,000 years that did not have homosexuals? (You can not.)

If every human society in the last 2,000 years had homosexuals, how could homosexuality be a un-natural behavior?

And if homosexuality is a un-natural behavior, what has caused homosexuals to exist in every society during the last 2,000 years?

Old 07-25-2018, 05:46 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
What I don’t understand is why lesbians, who reject men, so often imitate them in dress, hobbies, and affinity for tools, dyi, and construction work.

They got the coveralls, the hammer hooks, the Dremel, the tape measures. Wolverine boots. Modified mullet hairdo. Manspreading.

Reminds me of my cousin Terry. Come to think of it, he moved to San Fran...

Old 07-25-2018, 06:14 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Can you list any tribe, country, state, or society in last 2,000 years that did not have homosexuals? (You can not.)

If every human society in the last 2,000 years had homosexuals, how could homosexuality be a un-natural behavior?

And if homosexuality is a un-natural behavior, what has caused homosexuals to exist in every society during the last 2,000 years?
Simply because something exists does not make it normal. Can you list any cultures that have not had pedophilia, rape, war, cannibalsm? Do you think that's normal? Simply because it has been around makes it normal?

Animals with 2 heads have been born for 1,000s of years: Are they normal?

Parants have been beating their children for 2000s years: Is that normal?

War has existed forever: Is that normal?

This *it has been around so its normal* argument isn't an argument. Find a new one.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Simply because something exists does not make it normal. Can you list any cultures that have not had pedophilia, rape, war, cannibalsm? Do you think that's normal? Simply because it has been around makes it normal?

Animals with 2 heads have been born for 1,000s of years: Are they normal?

Parants have been beating their children for 2000s years: Is that normal?

War has existed forever: Is that normal?
This thread and conversation is about homosexuality, not pedophilia, rape, war, or cannibalism.

Quote:
This *it has been around so its normal* argument isn't an argument. Find a new one.
"Same-sex pairing is not just normal in the animal kingdom - it's even common."
https://www.dw.com/en/10-animal-spec...ral/g-39934832

Homosexuality also helps species to have stronger bonds and better survival rates.

"For example, the Laysan albatross shows that female-female pairing can increase fitness by taking advantage of the excess of females and shortage of males in the population and provide superior care for offspring. Moreover, same-sex pairing in many species actually alleviates the likelihood of divorce and curtails the pressure on the opposite sex by allowing members to exhibit more flexibility to form partnerships, which in turn strengthens social bonds and reduces competition."
Yale Scientific Magazine – Do Animals Exhibit Homosexuality?

"It has also been suggested that homosexuality boosts individuals' reproductive success, albeit indirectly. For instance, same-sex partners might have a better chance of rising to the top of social hierarchies and getting access to the opposite sex. Another possibility is that homosexuality evolves and persists because it benefits groups or relatives, rather than individuals. In bonobo (chimps), homosexual behaviour might have benefits at a group level by promoting social cohesion."
Evolution myths: Natural selection cannot explain homosexuality - life - 16 April 2008 - New Scientist

And in humans homosexuality helps (all) humans bond.
Homosexuality may help us bond | UoP News

Old 07-25-2018, 08:37 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
What I don’t understand is why lesbians, who reject men, so often imitate them in dress, hobbies, and affinity for tools, dyi, and construction work.

They got the coveralls, the hammer hooks, the Dremel, the tape measures. Wolverine boots. Modified mullet hairdo. Manspreading.

Reminds me of my cousin Terry. Come to think of it, he moved to San Fran...
Dykes are like the idealized version of a man. Dykes are emotionally sensitive men who aren't sex-obsessed.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:17 PM

643 posts, read 329,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Dykes are like the idealized version of a man. Dykes are emotionally sensitive men who aren't sex-obsessed.
Does the same hold true for bull dykes ?

Old 07-25-2018, 09:59 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Dykes lack dicks.

Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies