Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 11:22 AM

29,815 posts, read 14,865,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Why does the US not taking crap from Iran anymore need to be kept secret? If the world doesn't understand by now that the US is under new, different leadership than the previous 8 years of obsequiousness, cowardice and acquiescence that was trademark Obama foreign policy, well they haven't been paying attention for the last 18 months.

The world is used to a United States that gets threatened, condemned, despised and publicly insulted and humiliated every 5 seconds, and is supposed to just sit and take whatever comes at them with a smile and a pleasant "oh tut tut, you silly miscreant you, can't we all just get along?" That made the whole world feel good, kicking America in the groin every day and getting away with it. We had a change in management back in 2016, and new management doesn't like eating as much crap as the prior management, so the world is going to have to get used to a new United States that hits back, and does so with vigor, even where saber rattling is concerned.

And where is the danger? As I said before, the US gets officially condemned by somebody every single day, and has since Japan surrendered in 1945. Are the daily condemnations now going to be super-condemnations? Double secret condemnations? Extra strength, new and improved condemnations? The world has hated the US as te primary evil of the world since the USSR broke up in 1990. Des this latest Trump reply mean they are going to really, really hate us with cherries on top?

Who effing cares?

I feel the same. Who cares, it is useless words on a social media platform used by 7% of the population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 11:23 AM

716 posts, read 395,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Since Trump has been in office, he has said (tweeted) quite a lot. His most recent powerful tweet:

To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!

Personally I am at odds by such a public show of power and authority. I have no problem Trump saying this to Rouhani personally, but out there for the world to see is a dangerous game to play in my opinion.
A public show of power and authority?!? LOL, more like a public sideshow by an insecure buffoon. Rouhani already knows what the US is capable of, but Trump and his cult can't get enough of his chest thumping.

Intelligent leaders don't make public claims about using the 'best' words and they don't make public fools of themselves. Too bad he lacks the balls to publicly threaten Iran's biggest ally, Putin.

Insecure buffoons lack the smarts and confidence to, "speak softly and carry a big stick"...

Old 07-23-2018, 11:23 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,767,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Since Trump has been in office, he has said (tweeted) quite a lot. His most recent powerful tweet:

To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!

Personally I am at odds by such a public show of power and authority. I have no problem Trump saying this to Rouhani personally, but out there for the world to see is a dangerous game to play in my opinion.

I rather have that, than our own military forced to bend the knee in front of those radical dictators like they did under Obama.

Real Americans understand this. Only the crazed MSM news addicted Democrats & leftists believe otherwise.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:26 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,512,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Well, in eight years, he didn't get us into a war with them. Trump has pushed us ever so slightly closer.
'Didn't get us into war' is a poor metric by which to measure success of foreign policy.

I can avoid starting a war with someone by choosing not to stand up for myself, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm doing the right thing. It's more important to stand up for what's right, even if that unfortunately means going to war.

The reason war feels more likely under Trump is precisely because he is calling these countries out for taking advantage of the US, and in most cases he is right. Unfortunately, as I said in an earlier post, Trump seems to lack the courage to stand up to these foreign leaders in person, which greatly undermines his message.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:27 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,716,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I don't think for one second Trump is "triggered." I think that will be the consensus of people who want to misunderstand and underestimate him, but nobody has his business career without knowing who to be nice to, who to yell at, when to do either, etc.

I don't think he was triggered, angry or anything of the sort. I think he did what needed to be done and did so the way it needed to be done. You think in his entire life as a leader of numerous companies this is the first time someone played the "I am the alpha, not you" game with Donald Trump? Chances are about 99.99...% that he has put plenty of challengers to his alpha status in their proper place, and I guarantee many of them came at him with way more strength and power than anything Iran can come at the US with.

Trump is THE alpha. Period. That's what America elected. Yes, after 8 years of groveling beta mewling, alpha probably looks and sounds truly frightening, but it's just plain old alpha being alpha.

So Khameini ad Rouhani can powwow and see if they really feel like taking the beating that will come from making a legit challenge to US alpha. Until then, Trump's latest alpha bark is the final word on the subject.
You mention Trump's business career, you do know that he had to declare corporate bankruptcy no less than six times don't you?

Trump is THE alpha! you must be joking, the man is a bellicose windbag with the IQ of a dust mite. The way he grovelled to Putin in Helsinki was sickening.

Obama's appeasement of the Iranians & the US Navy.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.co...an_us_navy.jpg

No wonder that the majority of US military hates the Democrats these days.

They were forced to bend the knee to that horrible dictatorship. Obama and the reprehensible Kerry gave those dictators millions of dollars after that.

20,700 posts, read 12,585,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yeah, just like with North Korea....
What did Trump get out of North Korea? A photo and broken promises.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:30 AM

20,700 posts, read 12,585,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I rather have that, than our own military forced to bend the knee in front of those radical dictators like they did under Obama.

Real Americans understand this. Only the crazed MSM news addicted Democrats & leftists believe otherwise.
Trump bent over for the world to see.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Trump bent over for the world to see.

I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean. But no matter.

What matters is that he's not going to appease those horrible dictators like Obama/Kerry. I get why Real America is abandoning the Democrat party in droves. They have completely lost their minds in their daily Trump derangement fueled by their addiction to TV news pundits.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:34 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,143,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm not even sure what that's supposed to mean. But no matter.

What matters is that he's not going to appease those horrible dictators like Obama/Kerry. I get why Real America is abandoning the Democrat party in droves. They have completely lost their minds in their daily Trump derangement fueled by their addiction to TV news pundits.
He just did.

Also there was 3 options:
Let iran develop nukes, go to war, or strike a deal.

Now its let them develop nukes or go to war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies