Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 07:28 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

If people can seriously stand by and literally say, that intellect in this country isn't declining, your seriously deluding yourselves.

first and foremost, our schools, they can't write their names, teachers can't fail a student, everyone gets a win....my gosh it's no wonder little kids have meltdowns.

And it's spreading far and wide within our corporations, woman want it all....they want to hold a full time job and make the big bucks, as much as anyone else, and yet, want kids, and take off 3 months to have a kid?
Then work full time and travel yet, hire someone to come in and take care of your kids while mom and dad are gone? That person doesn't care if your kids grow up with manners, probably doesn't even correct them....for fear they would lose their jobs.

Or, shove the kids off to day care....where the same happens....they don't learn the important skills that our stay at home mom's taught us. Manners. How to act in society, how to dress and not dress, what to say and not say...and the old, "You want something to cry about, I'll give you something to cry about", or, "Do I have to tell you ONE MORE TIME?"

Then you have a new generation at work who have 14 and 15 year old kids home sick from school and oh my God, the mother has to rush home? Are you Serious?

Oh, and everyone wins a prize for participating?

Good Lord, people don't get fired anymore, they faze their jobs out and give them a severance pay...why? There is not any discipline and bad behavior is rewarded.

You have people talking so ugly to others on line, in forums, in news feeds, and that's ok?

On the way to work this morning, the news station was telling people what they should eat?

Good Lord, what is wrong with people?

You have people driving like maniacs...it's like people get in their cars and turn into monsters, no common sense, just go, go, go, and to hell with anyone else on the road.

And people disrespecting other people, the catholic church ruining the lives of children, and yet, people still go to church....? When are people going to wake the heck up? This is crazy....absolutely crazy, what's more important, your children or backing a corrupt church?

There are no consequences for your actions any longer.

People are shooting each other over road rage, imagine, you get that angry at someone b/c they cut in front of you....

People torturring animals, this morning a father glued his daughter's eyes and mouth shut?

Isn't anyone awake, doesn't this bother anyone else....

and what are our representatives doing about all this crime...it is surely evident that we need more police on the roads, but do they hire more, hell no, they cut back, hmmm, makes sense.

Our utility bills keep going up and up, and yet, no one says a word about it?

food prices, keeps going up, and yet, everyone wants 15.00 per hour. What in the world do you think that will do to prices? I mean, are you kidding me?

you have identity theft going on, and yet, in this day and age, with all our technology, its running wild.

You have vans parked in broad daylight stealing our kids...

What the hell is going on out there, and why aren't people calling our reps on all this stuff...

they constantly keep raising taxes on gas, for road repair, all the taxes they are collecting and yet, they need more money????????

Talk about a waste of money, I saw our township chipped and tarred a road...what a freaking wast of money?

Can't people think ahead, problem solve, what ever happened to preventative maintenance...

They build homes so cheap, and yet, charge crazy prices for a home that is glued and stapled with not one piece of plywood, but particle board...do you know what's going to happen to your homes in a few years, especially after a lot of rain, they're going to rot away.

an HVAC company comes to my home, replaces a thermostat, and another part both costing $20.00 and has the nerve to charge me $800.00 and people your paying those prices...are you kidding me. Your paying $12,000.00 - 15,000.00 for a new heater system? did you even get any other estimates or question that price, or even price those systems on your own? That's more than 100% profit?

Last edited by cremebrulee; 09-27-2018 at 07:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 07:34 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Seems to me that your issue revolves mostly around manners, not intellect, but I'm sorry you're having a rough day, cremebrulee. I hope the vent session helps.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:38 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Seems to me that your issue revolves mostly around manners, not intellect, but I'm sorry you're having a rough day, cremebrulee. I hope the vent session helps.
Suffering from "corrosion" will do that to you.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:39 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/13/healt...ntl/index.html

Quote:
IQ scores have been steadily falling for the past few decades, and environmental factors are to blame, a new study says.

The research suggests that genes aren't what's driving the decline in IQ scores, according to the study, published Monday.
Norwegian researchers analyzed the IQ scores of Norwegian men born between 1962 and 1991 and found that scores increased by almost 3 percentage points each decade for those born between 1962 to 1975 -- but then saw a steady decline among those born after 1975.
Quote:
"The causes in IQ increases over time and now the decline is due to environmental factors," said Rogeburg, who believes the change is not due to genetics.
"It's not that dumb people are having more kids than smart people, to put it crudely. It's something to do with the environment, because we're seeing the same differences within families," he said.
These environmental factors could include changes in the education system and media environment, nutrition, reading less and being online more, Rogeberg said.
Not a new phenomenon. It does explain the rise of progressivism in this country.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post

one thing affects the other, its a ripple down effect....

you start off little, like running traffic lights...and pretty soon everyone is doing it....

Then you have someone coasting thru stop signs, and speeding....

I'm not having a rough day, just tired of people being so ignorant to the fact that this country's intellect is corroding...

so tired of people hating other people because of who they voted for, and very tired of all this sexual harrassement stuff....and YOU think I'm having a rough day?

Or have you become desensitized?

Old 09-27-2018, 07:45 AM

Mock me all you want....but I've never seen such disrespect for the rights of others, and people texting and talking on the telephone...no none cares about hurting other people, it's me, me, me...attitude....

all kinds of crazy murders going on, that's all you hear about in Philly, but our leaders are not doing anything about it....babies and kids being shot on their bicycles.

Mock me, but if it happens in your neighborhood then it's a whole different ball game isn't it.

Just wait, until your generation of kids grow up to be adults, it's going to get worse.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:47 AM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
If people can seriously stand by and literally say, that intellect in this country isn't declining, your seriously deluding yourselves...
Case in point!

Old 09-27-2018, 07:49 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Most of the cultural problems the OP is talking about are not new. You could say we're being soft on kids, but back in the day it was normal to get your a** beat by the bully in school, then go home and get your a** beat by your dad. Which is better?

Old 09-27-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/13/healt...ntl/index.html

Not a new phenomenon. It does explain the rise of progressivism in this country.
that's a start, but there are other things, and all these things tie into raising children, teachers, parents, role models....it's really staring to effect, our society....or corroding society, I should say.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:50 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
one thing affects the other, its a ripple down effect....

you start off little, like running traffic lights...and pretty soon everyone is doing it....

Then you have someone coasting thru stop signs, and speeding....

I'm not having a rough day, just tired of people being so ignorant to the fact that this country's intellect is corroding...
Those issues involve manners, not intellect, and I'm truly sorry that you are having a rough time of it. Close the door to your office, have a cup of tea, take a few deep breaths, and focus on what's in front of you right now. Stress is not good for your health and neither is City-Data when your day is off to a bad start.

No, I'm not desensitized to injustice, cremebrulee, but I have a limited capacity for outrage. And, btw, I'm a SAHM, so I prioritize what's important, my family, my friends, and my health, which is why I will turn off the computer now that I've had my cup of tea to take a quick walk and enjoy the fall weather, make the beds, wash the breakfast dishes, fold a load of laundry, send a gift to a family member who recently had a baby, call my parents to check in on them, and then read a good book for an hour or so before heading off to volunteer at my local school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies