Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 07:16 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,077,463 times

Advertisements

The answer, as you can see, is the argument that someone else’s wrongs make their wrongs right. Or something.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:18 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,496,688 times
Trump loves immigrants ...he's married a couple and will probably be on the lookout for a replacement for the current one. Maybe one from Texas or Iowa, instead of Eastern Europe for a change!

Old 07-25-2018, 07:37 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,270,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Most Trump supporters don't hate immigrants; they hate illegal immigration. Their support for Trump came from the fact he wanted to enforce our immigration laws rather than ignore them. Wanting to enforce the law isn't unethical. What's unethical is wanting to ignore the law.
What's unethical (and really sick) is separating children from their parents who are fleeing from poverty/violence stricken countries.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:53 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
What's unethical (and really sick) is separating children from their parents who are fleeing from poverty/violence stricken countries.
You do realize that the U.S. is the biggest consumer of the drugs produced by the cartel? Sick? No what is really "sick" is your being so thick headed that you can't understand that in order for the U.S. not to turn into a country like theirs we have to protect our borders. And as always, innocent people will suffer because of the people who don't give one damn about you, me or our families. In fact they want to grow their drug business... it's all about money and your violin strings play right into helping them.

Do you make important life decisions based on emotions? We know emotional based decisions are not smart so don't bother playing your violin, it doesn't work.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:59 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,550,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemur View Post
troll post?

Likewise, i don't have any problems with legal immigrants. I don't go looking for illegals, either, but if they are in my face making trouble (and i'm not going into details on a public forum because it's job-related), i will contact ice or the fbi.

Look, i don't go to england, germany, or romania and demand that they respect my rights as a us citizen. I must be a good guest and follow their laws, or they have every right to detain or deport me.

Same thing in the us.

+100

Old 07-25-2018, 08:02 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,905,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The answer to the question in your cartoon is he was the lessor of 2 evils compared to that piece of filth the left colluded with to win their primary. Did I vote that way? No but I can understand why others did. Anyone but Hillary.
There were 16 candidates to pick from on the Republican side the most unscrupulous one by far was selected. It wasn't only about Hillary, and yes it does matter to me I do generally vote Democratic but have some conservative leanings and was brought up right. There is no excuse.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:18 PM

1,329 posts, read 832,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
I mean you all go to church right, some of you? Some of you are probably humanist? Are you so "away form others" you just can't see a bigger picture? .

Some peoples Christianity is so shallow it is unrecognizable as having anything to do with the teachings of Jesus. No compassion, no empathy, just God blessing their greed, fear, and self-absorption.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:20 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,127,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
Hello Iowans, I live in Texas, I am a liberal moderate with many conservative traits. Texas has a lot of Hispanics and in the cities lots of liberals. In the country areas it is more conservative. When you read that "Texas has a lot of Hispanics " being so far from here, I bet you will assume I mean illegal Hispanics, I don't, we have tons of legal Hispanics who have been US citizens for many years, I am married to one. We have illegals too, I was just trying to make a point. We are diverse. I am unsure if Iowa is diverse, I assume perhaps wrongly that you aren't.

As I watch the news I am absolutely horrified by the GOP's cart blanche support of the President and I keep hearing Iowa is part of the "fans of Trump".

I see articles like this:
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...idterms-667171

and this
https://www.mail.com/news/politics/8...8-stage-mmm1-1

and I want to understand.

How can you all be so horribly unethical?

I mean you all go to church right, some of you? Some of you are probably humanist? Are you so "away form others" you just can't see a bigger picture?

How does your voting and your values influence your moral decisions day to day?

Thank you.
I repped you because you asked a legit question. A simple question that all of us non-Trumpers on this board wonder about on a daily basis. All the conservatives who are attacking you are taking a cue from their cult leader. They will bully you until you become too demoralized to post again and question yourself. Keep it up, you have others on your side here.

To answer your question, I think there are several reasons why Trump is getting so much support from his base....

- cheated on his wife with no less than two women - no problem!
- lying and acting like a buffoon and embarrassment to Americans on a daily basis? - that's his style, love it
- playing patsy to Putin? - no way, he didn't mean to do that, taken out of context
- engaging in a trade war with the rest of the world? - he's being tough, let him do his job
- pulling out of the paris agreement? - we like our water and air polluted, and our corporations profitting at the expense of our health's
- filling the Cabinet with corrupt men/women? - don't believe the media
- killing/gutting Obamacare so Americans can have affordable health insurance? - I'm not affected, I don't care!

Trump supporters refuse to admit they are wrong in voting for Trump. No way Jose! After all, that's Trump's way, no regrets, no apologies!

Old 07-25-2018, 08:29 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Most Trump supporters don't hate immigrants; they hate illegal immigration. Their support for Trump came from the fact he wanted to enforce our immigration laws rather than ignore them. Wanting to enforce the law isn't unethical. What's unethical is wanting to ignore the law.
I think every president has tried to do something about illegal immigration. But no one can agree on what to do. Here we have republicans controlling everything and still they can't agree on what do to. What the Trump administration has done in separating kids from their parents is inhumane and a disgrace to our country.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:38 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
Some peoples Christianity is so shallow it is unrecognizable as having anything to do with the teachings of Jesus. No compassion, no empathy, just God blessing their greed, fear, and self-absorption.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
Oh here we go with trying to use religion. Jesus teaches to follow the law of the land. Are people who come here illegally following the law of our land?

Romans 13 Living Bible (TLB)
13 Obey the government, for God is the one who has put it there. There is no government anywhere that God has not placed in power. 2 So those who refuse to obey the laws of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow. 3 For the policeman does not frighten people who are doing right; but those doing evil will always fear him. So if you don’t want to be afraid, keep the laws and you will get along well. 4 The policeman is sent by God to help you. But if you are doing something wrong, of course you should be afraid, for he will have you punished. He is sent by God for that very purpose. 5 Obey the laws, then, for two reasons: first, to keep from being punished, and second, just because you know you should.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...13&version=TLB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies