Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2018, 02:41 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,084,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
can you give a specific example?

an educated opinion is worth more than an uneducated opinion ( specific to the topic ) but if all things are subjective and equal then opinions should hold the same weight.
Besides Omarosa?

Tom Arnold
The article below describes him as a one man crusade to bring down Trump.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-f...-cohen-709843/

Robert De Niro
Meryl Streep
Madonna
Rosie O'Donnell
Ashley Judd

And almost every "journalist" on the planet.

Also I disagree with your premise.
We each get one vote.

If you don't like the outcome of an election, it is not up to you to attempt to overturn the votes of millions of your fellow citizens other than through the election process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 02:46 PM

26,577 posts, read 14,478,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I hope she goes straight to jail and is bankrupted by President Trump for recording conversations on FEDERAL PROPERTY.

it doesn't appear that there is a specific law against recording conversations inside the WH. it seems like it's always been a matter of the honor system:

https://www.businessinsider.com/omar...8-8?yptr=yahoo

"There's a misimpression that it'd be difficult to sneak a phone into the Sit Room. It wouldn't be. It's a system built on trust. These are supposed to be the finest public servants we have. The WH wasn't designed for the Omarosa s of the world. Sad we now have to accommodate them,"

-Ned Price, former spokesman of the National Security Council

Old 08-13-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Besides Omarosa?

Tom Arnold
Robert De Niro
Meryl Streep
Madonna
Rosie O'Donnell
Ashley Judd

these are all people who had an opinion and shared it, same as you've done in this forum.

Quote:
Also I disagree with your premise.

really? you're really arguing that an uneducated opinion is equal to an educated opinion? so if a doctor informs you you have cancer you'll go to a mechanic for a second opinion because..... all opinions are equal.

Old 08-13-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
these are all people who had an opinion and shared it, same as you've done in this forum.

really? you're really arguing that an uneducated opinion is equal to an educated opinion? so if a doctor informs you you have cancer you'll go to a mechanic for a second opinion because..... all opinions are equal.

That is not the argument you were making so don't move the goalposts now.

You are saying that someone who is smarter or better informed politically has an opinion worth more than the average dumb hick voter, are you not?

And no, these are not people who have just had an opinion and "shared it". These are people who want to subvert a free election.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:02 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,585,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
"Donald Trump can't be racist because here is a picture of him standing kind of near 2 black ladies!"

good one, ElOrocks. Do you have a quote where he says he has a black friend too?
I wonder if Diamond and Silk have ever been asked about Trump's "my African American" (Northern California rally) comment ?

Old 08-13-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
That is not the argument you were making so don't move the goalposts now.

that was specifically the argument i was making:

Quote:
an educated opinion is worth more than an uneducated opinion ( specific to the topic ) but if all things are subjective and equal then opinions should hold the same weight.

Quote:
You are saying that someone who is smarter or better informed politically has an opinion worth more than the average dumb hick voter, are you not?
an informed/educated person's opinion on a topic is worth more than an uninformed/uneducated opinion. i don't go to doctors for car repair and i don't go to mechanics for surgery.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
that was specifically the argument i was making:

an informed/educated person's opinion on a topic is worth more than an uninformed/uneducated opinion. i don't go to doctors for car repair and i don't go to mechanics for surgery.
We are not discussing medicine or mechanics.

We are discussing politics.

Tom Arnold's opinion means squat.

Did you even read the article I linked to? I'm guessing not.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:25 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,223,710 times
Of course an educated and informed opinion is weightier than my dumb opinion but I am still entitled to it. Everyone has one of them too.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
We are not discussing medicine or mechanics.
analogy

1 a : a comparison of two otherwise unlike things based on resemblance of a particular aspect

Quote:
We are discussing politics.

yes, and even in politics an educated/informed opinion is worth more than an uninformed/uneducated opinion.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
analogy

1 a : a comparison of two otherwise unlike things based on resemblance of a particular aspect

yes, and even in politics an educated/informed opinion is worth more than an uninformed/uneducated opinion.
Look, you asked if I had any other examples of a person who thinks his/her opinion is worth more than the opinions of his/her fellow citizens.

I gave you multiple examples but at the TOP of that list is Tom Arnold, complete with a link to an article that details how Arnold has made it his "personal mission" to bring down President Trump, an article which you apparently did not read.

Tom Arnold is a washed up habitual drug addict who knows no more about important issues facing Americans than does my cat.

So I don't need him or his personal mission to save me from myself or this country from our freely elected President, any more than I need Omorosa to save this country from our freely elected President.

And I certainly don't need YOU to talk down to me, so save your definitions and your superior attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies