Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 10:43 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,144,277 times

Advertisements

Don't forget. Nancy Pelosi thinks "wealthy Americans" aren't "working people". Once again, proving how out of touch she is with actual working people.

And take a look at this deceptively scaled figure she presented to make Trump look bad.

https://twitter.com/NancyPelosi/stat...78820939415559

Now lets take a look at a wider version of the same information. Oops!. Funny how she left that little part off, isn't it?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2018, 12:27 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
For a big part of Obama's terms, the Great Recession was beating down wages.

While she may not be entirely honest, it doesn't bode well for Trump that real wages is dropping so significantly under him.

Old 07-29-2018, 05:29 AM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Ooh a deceptive graph.

Maybe when she said Trump "has" put the interests of wealthy Americans over working people, what she really meant was "has not".

Totally plausible. Right?

Old 07-29-2018, 06:40 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
For a big part of Obama's terms, the Great Recession was beating down wages.

While she may not be entirely honest, it doesn't bode well for Trump that real wages is dropping so significantly under him.

For the most part Trump is BushObamaTrump. Pelosi has no standing to complain though.

Old 07-29-2018, 06:43 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Don't forget. Nancy Pelosi thinks "wealthy Americans" aren't "working people". Once again, proving how out of touch she is with actual working people.

And take a look at this deceptively scaled figure she presented to make Trump look bad.

https://twitter.com/NancyPelosi/stat...78820939415559

Now lets take a look at a wider version of the same information. Oops!. Funny how she left that little part off, isn't it?
Wealthy are people who make over $25 million a year and no, when you make that much money you are not working. A lot of that is hedge fund managers and people playing with money on Wall Street. Using other people's money so it they lose money it's not theirs but if they make money it is.

Old 07-29-2018, 06:53 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Wealthy are people who make over $25 million a year and no, when you make that much money you are not working. A lot of that is hedge fund managers and people playing with money on Wall Street. Using other people's money so it they lose money it's not theirs but if they make money it is.
I dont make nearly $25M, and I work...a lot, so I guess by your definition, that puts me with the working people instead of the wealthy. And the tax cut I just got will pay for my children’s college. So Pelosi’s statement is a lie because my interests, as a working person, have been served.

BTW, I know quite a few hedge fund managers, and they are all hard working people. It’s not unusual for them to leave the office at 11PM.

Old 07-29-2018, 06:57 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Nancy Pelosi - Trump has put the interests of wealthy Americans over working people.

Well Nancy girl, you ought to love that considering that you are wealthy and love putting yourself first and are not "the working people".

Isn't she about 80? She needs to go. Her mind is kaput.

Old 07-29-2018, 07:10 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I dont make nearly $25M, and I work...a lot, so I guess by your definition, that puts me with the working people instead of the wealthy. And the tax cut I just got will pay for my children’s college. So Pelosi’s statement is a lie because my interests, as a working person, have been served.

BTW, I know quite a few hedge fund managers, and they are all hard working people. It’s not unusual for them to leave the office at 11PM.
I'm sure Bernie Madoff was running his ass off trying to stay ahead of the crash.

Old 07-29-2018, 07:19 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm sure Bernie Madoff was running his ass off trying to stay ahead of the crash.
Because everyone who works on Wall Street is just like Bernie Madoff, right?

Old 07-29-2018, 07:54 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Wealthy are people who make over $25 million a year and no, when you make that much money you are not working. A lot of that is hedge fund managers and people playing with money on Wall Street.
What makes you think that isn't work? Ever try to be a quant? If it was so easy to do, anyone and everyone could do it. Einstein's Theory of Relativity was deduced via a lot of intellectual thought and mental manipulations. Was that also "not work," in your opinion?

FYI, hedge fund managers and "people playing with money on Wall Street" shepherd the following:

Millions of working and retiree Americans have $27 trillion worth of investments in their pensions (public and private) and/or retirement accounts.

Pie chart included:

US workers/retirees have $27 trillion worth of investments in their pension/retirement accounts

That's a HELL of a lot of work.

It is truly stunning how uninformed and narrow-minded some people are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies