Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will be blamed?
Putin/Russia/bots 32 66.67%
Natzis/racists/white nationalists 17 35.42%
The worthless candidate they ran 3 6.25%
Whoever Hillary tells them to blame 13 27.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 06:35 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

However, people must vote their conscious. I reserve my scorn for those that did not bother to vote, whether Republican, Democrat or Green.
If they didn't vote out of sheer laziness or apathy then sure but if they didn't vote because that is their conscious, then I wouldn't scorn that at all. It's a legitimate choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 06:38 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,247,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
CNN ratings are in the toliet. I wonder what their advertising income is today and how they pay their bills. Their Liberal Overlords must figure they are worth the negative income to continue preaching the Anti-Trump, Pro-Progressive message.

If they stood on their on, they would be out of business by now.
CNN has other .... proclaimed leftist news fake sights. Competing for the same crowd. Fox is still mere the lone wolf for the far right.

Why is it .... the far right is the MOST Extremist on CD? This argument on CNN not calling the election was defended .... even though others also did not like Fox new .... call the election too early.

These knee-jerk mocks are much more ongoing by the far right. You can't spin it when truly called out for singling out CNN when the other networks did the same.

The extreme right has even lost faith in Fox news. Too many times they too call out Trump on things too ......

Old 08-08-2018, 06:42 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Brain washing? I'm not the one calling CNN trash because they won't declare a winner in the race. As I recall, some TV networks were bit in the butt before by calling a race to early.
The only "trash" in this discussion, is:

1. OP for trying to spin bogus propaganda on CNN. I agree with Joe, you can't single-out one individual for doing what all responsible news is, and should be doing. It's a very obvious form of trying to discredit a source you don't like, but don't have any basis for, at least not in the post you made in this discussion.

2. The real alarm for me is that you have a SITTING PRESIDENT trying to call it a win. He is obviously sewing discord into the population, IN THE EVENT that the Dem candidate wins.

Personally, I think it was (as of 6AM today, last I checked) still too close to call it, but I suspect it is highly likely the R will get the win. 1700 votes is too much to overcome with what is left to count. Statistically, it is VERY unlikely the D will win, but the President is being very irresponsible, potentially undermining the Democratic process of peaceful transfer of power, if the unlikely happens, and the D wins. (BTW, they only need a few hundred votes to force an automatic recount).

Win or lose, it's a good sign for D's. If Trump wasn't such a horrendous POTUS, this election would not even be close. Trump won that district by 11%, now we are squabbling over less than 1%. I hope this is a sign of things to come in November, and that millions of Americans come to their senses and send a vote of no-confidence to Tr(aitor)ump.

EDIT: If the D's somehow do eek this one out and win, the real question is who will TRUMP blame?
-Mexicans?
-Democrats, even though they are not in power?
-CNN, the "enemy of the people"?
-Obama and Hillary?
-Mueller?
-or his own worthless self for his poor performance as POTUS?

Old 08-08-2018, 06:47 AM

23,994 posts, read 15,096,054 times
The Democratic candidate said this morning that there is a 1700 vote difference and 8000 votes to be counted. He continues the campaign for now or November.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:59 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
CNN is still claiming that "Ohio election too close to call" on their front page. Once they finally have to admit that the blue wave failed to show up again, who will be blamed?

It's not CNN "claiming" it's too close to call, it's the state election board of Ohio. CNN is just reporting it.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:06 AM

989 posts, read 770,179 times
Most of these posts are just noise. Especially those from the Trumper Blabermouths who will try to claim Trump is the second coming of Christ, and the reason the GOP scraped by was because of his support. The left will acquiesce and politely admit defeat (If the recount proves the initial projections).

The Truth is; the reason the results are so close and that Ohio has turned around somewhat because they are for the most part fed up of Trump and his mindless cult followers embracing mainstream lying, racism, misogyny and trashing anyone who does not agree with them. The Pied Piper leading his mindless followers to their deaths comes to mind. That and Gerrymandering, just look at the shape of the precinct that includes Columbus, it is purposely split to reduce the "Smart vote". An 11 point swing to the left is VERY significant.

You cannot argue with these people, so do not bother, they are just plain stupid, sorry but there is no other word for it. (Remember the Mark Twain "Fools" quote) I am NOT referring to proper sensible republicans, just the blathering poorly educated and ill-informed Trumpers that seem to thrive on this site and you see foaming at the mouth at his rallies. Who else would believe and follow this guy, no reasonable person I am sure.

In addition I also think that a lot of them just like to troll and try to antagonize those who they think will bite. I must admit I am guilty of that also at times. Some have such a poor existence that being a Trumper is the highlight of their life, gives them a way to vent. You almost cannot blame them really. It would be like mocking the handicapped, serves no purpose and is just plain mean. Hold on, some of them do that too!

My only advice is put your big boy pants (or Girls nickers) on, read a little more, and try to be civil.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:07 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,946,560 times
Wasn't it an 11 point swing from the general election in 2016? Did I misread that?

Old 08-08-2018, 07:08 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Win or lose, it's a good sign for D's. If Trump wasn't such a horrendous POTUS, this election would not even be close. Trump won that district by 11%, now we are squabbling over less than 1%. I hope this is a sign of things to come in November, and that millions of Americans come to their senses and send a vote of no-confidence to Tr(aitor)ump.

EDIT: If the D's somehow do eek this one out and win, the real question is who will TRUMP blame?
-Mexicans?
-Democrats, even though they are not in power?
-CNN, the "enemy of the people"?
-Obama and Hillary?
-Mueller?
-or his own worthless self for his poor performance as POTUS?
How long did it take you to come up with that spin?

Old 08-08-2018, 07:10 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
CNN is still claiming that "Ohio election too close to call" on their front page. Once they finally have to admit that the blue wave failed to show up again, who will be blamed?
Why should they blame anyone? The blame game is Trumps pass-time more than anyone else's.

GOP has held the seat for decades, so even if the Dem loses, it should still be a red flag for the GOP because it was not supposed to be even close.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:13 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
How long did it take you to come up with that spin?
CNN told me to write it.

(I have not turned on CNN for more than a couple minutes in years. I'm left leaning, but I don't find value in their reporting. Not calling them fake, just that I try to get my news elsewhere, mostly by reading multiple sources and forming my own opinion.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies