Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 11:37 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times

Advertisements

If anyone ever wonder why the right-wing seems so delusional and why they get so offended when they were presented with the truth. This quote may explain it to you.

So basically it goes like this: "If I say a frog is beautiful. You can't disagree with me because beauty is subjective. And if I say the Russian collusion is fake, Trump inauguration has the largest crowd ever, there is a Deep State, Obama is a Muslim, Hillary has a kill list; you can't say I'm wrong. Because facts are in the eye of the beholder!"

Quote:

Rudy Giuliani Claims Facts Are 'In the Eye of the Beholder,' Calls Trump the Most 'Honest' President in History

Rudy Giuliani, said Tuesday that in the modern era facts are "in the eye of the beholder."

"It's in the eye of the beholder," Giuliani said. When Cuomo tried to respond that factual statements are not in the eye of the beholder, the attorney answered with "nowadays they are."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 11:40 AM

956 posts, read 1,207,659 times
What comes down to it is way back after Nixon the mythology "liberal media" moniker was created. This made the right believe they are "victims" and everyone is against them - this went into overdrive during the 90s with hate am radio and then fox news in the late 90s and now the internet. The right deeply believes only Fox News, am hate radio, BreitBart are telling the truth with the rest all lying to them and government trying to brainwash the young with public schools and public colleges.

To me it comes down to a mythology "liberal media" moniker and the right always want to play themselves as victims + they believe Republicans are the patriots of America - Democrats cheat and are lazy who never deserve and should have power.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:44 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
"Americas Mayor" has become nothing more than a trump stooge.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHudson View Post
What comes down to it is way back after Nixon the mythology "liberal media" moniker was created. This made the right believe they are "victims" and everyone is against them - this went into overdrive during the 90s with hate am radio and then fox news in the late 90s and now the internet. The right deeply believes only Fox News, am hate radio, BreitBart are telling the truth with the rest all lying to them and government trying to brainwash the young with public schools and public colleges.

To me it comes down to a mythology "liberal media" moniker and the right always want to play themselves as victims + they believe Republicans are the patriots of America - Democrats cheat and are lazy who never deserve and should have power.
It is true that Republicans do seem to see themselves as perpetual victims of . . everything.

It's pretty off putting actually.

I'm ready to divide off into red states vs blue states - just give me time to move.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:53 AM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
If anyone ever wonder why the right-wing seems so delusional and why they get so offended when they were presented with the truth. This quote may explain it to you.

So basically it goes like this: "If I say a frog is beautiful. You can't disagree with me because beauty is subjective. And if I say the Russian collusion is fake, Trump inauguration has the largest crowd ever, there is a Deep State, Obama is a Muslim, Hillary has a kill list; you can't say I'm wrong. Because facts are in the eye of the beholder!"

Fake News from a Flake Lawyer to a Fake President.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:18 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Ahhh Ok

So does that mean that for the Left LIES are in the eyes of the beholder?

Right or Left leaning it is hard to deny that there is a bias in the media against Trump and the Right.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:35 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

Its a quote from the liberal Post Modern playbook.
It must be disturbing when the unexpected non liberal plays by the same rules.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:42 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Sounds like Rudy has subscribed to the Kellyanne Conway definition of "facts".

Old 08-15-2018, 12:47 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Eye of the beholder? Here's what I behold.

An OP who decides to call 10s of millions of his fellow Americans, "delusional" and not capable of understanding the "truth".

Pretty sad way to live.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:50 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Ahhh Ok

So does that mean that for the Left LIES are in the eyes of the beholder?

Right or Left leaning it is hard to deny that there is a bias in the media against Trump and the Right.
They do tend to report a lot of facts...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies