Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 09:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Not supporting one side or another but a question looms and that is "are the Christians you speak of running around blowing up things and/or killing people while shouting PRAISE MOSES"?

In the last 50-100 years have there been groups building IED's and blowing up innocent citizens in the name of MOSES?
I've not heard anything like that. You?

Just wondering...
Muslims should be raising MORE hell if anything. What they do to anyone else is no business of mine and I don’t care about it a bit.

But where Islamic Radicalism concerns this country, you folks love misrepresenting the picture. Why don’t you guys talk about what the American role has been in the radicalization of certain Muslim groups? Why don’t you talk about our support of brutal dictatorships in their region? Why don’t you talk about us overthrowing elected governments in the Middle East? Why don’t you talk about how we destabilized the region by unjustifiably invading and destroying Iraq, thereby screwing up the balance of power in the region.

Radical Islam didn’t just come out of nowhere. The Western Powers have been screwing over the Islamic Middle East for a century, and they’re tired of it. Before us, it was the British and the French making a mess of the region.

Sorry, but you don’t have the right NOT to face blowback just because you’re an American.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:34 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Really? Where do you hang out at...Pakistan? Every Muslim I know in this country is happy and successful. Probably a lot more so than you.

You should get out more.
Oh...I get out plenty. You must have missed the many stories through the years of Muslims planning terror attacks in this country, who, very fortunately, were stopped before they did harm. Or of Muslims who have committed honor killings. Or the homegrown Muslims who ran off to the Middle East to join terrorist groups. Clearly, not all Muslims are "happy and successful". Do you have anything else to offer besides personal attacks?

Did I say that all Muslims are like that? There are educated Muslims who are secular. What I said was that Islam, as a religion, is stuck in the 11th century.

Where are all those peace loving Muslims? Why aren't they speaking out against terrorism loudly and clearly and in great numbers?

Old 08-20-2018, 09:49 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You realize that that holy book is largely based on the Old Testament?
Oh no, not that again. Who is killing by the thousands in the name of the Old Testament TODAY?

Old 08-20-2018, 09:52 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Has this thing happened yet? Any reports?

Old 08-20-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Oh...I get out plenty. You must have missed the many stories through the years of Muslims planning terror attacks in this country, who, very fortunately, were stopped before they did harm. Or of Muslims who have committed honor killings. Or the homegrown Muslims who ran off to the Middle East to join terrorist groups. Clearly, not all Muslims are "happy and successful". Do you have anything else to offer besides personal attacks?

Did I say that all Muslims are like that? There are educated Muslims who are secular. What I said was that Islam, as a religion, is stuck in the 11th century.

Where are all those peace loving Muslims? Why aren't they speaking out against terrorism loudly and clearly and in great numbers?
Maybe you’re forgetting that we have tons of terrorist attacks in this country all the time. They aren’t being committed by Muslims though.

As far as Muslims planning terror attacks on this country, how about the ones we commit in their countries?

Old 08-20-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Oh no, not that again. Who is killing by the thousands in the name of the Old Testament TODAY?
So killing people in the name of “national security” is superior to killing people in the name of religion?

Iraq has been destroyed. Torn to pieces. What was that done in the name of?

Old 08-20-2018, 10:42 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Maybe you’re forgetting that we have tons of terrorist attacks in this country all the time. They aren’t being committed by Muslims though.

As far as Muslims planning terror attacks on this country, how about the ones we commit in their countries?
Where are these "tons of terrorist attacks in this country" that aren't being committed by Muslims? You are exaggerating.

I don't commit any terrorist attacks in any country, let alone Muslim countries. Who is this "we" you are talking about?

What, exactly, do you want? Do you want Muslims to get off scot-free when it comes to engaging in terror attacks?

Old 08-20-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Where are these "tons of terrorist attacks in this country" that aren't being committed by Muslims? You are exaggerating.

I don't commit any terrorist attacks in any country, let alone Muslim countries. Who is this "we" you are talking about?

What, exactly, do you want? Do you want Muslims to get off scot-free when it comes to engaging in terror attacks?
Lol..seriously? We have mass shootings in this country about as often as we go out for pizza. If Muslims were the ones doing all these shootings, you’d damn sure be screaming terrorism.

And you’re telling that that the United States doesn’t commit terrorist attacks in the Middle East?

Old 08-20-2018, 10:59 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
What is with the Midwest and Islam? Michigan is famous for its large Muslim population and its infamous city of dearbornistan. Now we see inroads in another upper Midwest state...Minnesota. Why are they attracted to this part of America? After all it’s nothing like their hot desert homeland, in fact it’s the opposite.....the two Midwest states are a land of lakes, forest and ice cold weather. Just curious, why are they congregating there?

Old 08-20-2018, 11:01 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Muslims should be raising MORE hell if anything. What they do to anyone else is no business of mine and I don’t care about it a bit.

But where Islamic Radicalism concerns this country, you folks love misrepresenting the picture. Why don’t you guys talk about what the American role has been in the radicalization of certain Muslim groups? Why don’t you talk about our support of brutal dictatorships in their region? Why don’t you talk about us overthrowing elected governments in the Middle East? Why don’t you talk about how we destabilized the region by unjustifiably invading and destroying Iraq, thereby screwing up the balance of power in the region.

Radical Islam didn’t just come out of nowhere. The Western Powers have been screwing over the Islamic Middle East for a century, and they’re tired of it. Before us, it was the British and the French making a mess of the region.

Sorry, but you don’t have the right NOT to face blowback just because you’re an American.
We DO have the right not to import primitive, Middle East savagery into this nation. They can go ahead slaughtering infidels, keeping slaves, brutalizing women and raping children as they have done since Mohammad-just NOT HERE. You want to embrace a political system that makes the Nazis look like Boy Scouts, do in somewhere they have already turned into a craphole. We didn't import Nazis when we were fighting them, we shouldn't import Islamists now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies