Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 09:32 AM

16,150 posts, read 6,892,845 times

Advertisements

Fox Sports will no longer air coverage of the National Anthem before its NFL games.
It plans to follow "standard procedures" and not air this wonderful ceremony.

I don't know about you, but as a kid I never remember any and I mean any sporting event,
including wrestling " an entertainment sport " without hearing the national anthem.

Fox decides not to show it at all as NFL players continue to protest racial injustice
during this time prior to every start of a game.

What is wrong with just panning and focusing the cameras on our Beautiful Flag during this time ?

To cut out the National Anthem altogether is disrespectful akin to burning the flag.
So many generations have given their lives for our flag.
I respect and thank every veteran and enlisted service man and woman I bump into during the course of my daily life.
They have put their lives before ours so that we can continue to enjoy the freedoms we enjoy today.

I am shocked that a syndicated station can only come up with childish resolve to appease its viewers.
Until then I will show my support by viewing other stations that will respect out country by airing the National Anthem.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:50 AM

6,162 posts, read 4,545,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Fox Sports will no longer air coverage of the National Anthem before its NFL games.
It plans to follow "standard procedures" and not air this wonderful ceremony.

I don't know about you, but as a kid I never remember any and I mean any sporting event,
including wrestling " an entertainment sport " without hearing the national anthem.

Fox decides not to show it at all as NFL players continue to protest racial injustice
during this time prior to every start of a game.

What is wrong with just panning and focusing the cameras on our Beautiful Flag during this time ?

To cut out the National Anthem altogether is disrespectful akin to burning the flag.
So many generations have given their lives for our flag.
I respect and thank every veteran and enlisted service man and woman I bump into during the course of my daily life.
They have put their lives before ours so that we can continue to enjoy the freedoms we enjoy today.

I am shocked that a syndicated station can only come up with childish resolve to appease its viewers.
Until then I will show my support by viewing other stations that will respect out country by airing the National Anthem.
You should send that as an e-mail to the network itself. Tell them you'll boycott them and their sponsors.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:06 AM

Thank you for your response.
Feel free to share this simple solution with all like minded networks.
Tell them the voice of reason sent you..............

God Bless America...

Old 08-18-2018, 10:23 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,105,222 times
Why even play the national anthem at U.S. sport events? We know what country we're in.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:26 AM

1,121 posts, read 592,822 times
I was just talking to somebody about this very (upsetting) topic.

These athletes are getting paid sick amounts of money, and they can not even endure a 30 second song in exchange for 30 Million Dollars per year? These athletes are total losers.

Secondly, it is called the "National" foot ball league. Why did these athletes sign up for a "National" league if they hate the nation? Why are they accepting tens of millions of dollars per year if they hate the nation they are playing under?

Total. Losers.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:27 AM

1,121 posts, read 592,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
Why even play the national anthem at U.S. sport events? We know what country we're in.
I am glad at least one other person can point the same most obvious thing out.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:39 AM

4,617 posts, read 3,317,309 times
There's no reason at all why we have to play the national anthem when Philadelphia plays Boston, or when Podunk High plays Village High. What on earth is that all about anyway? If you want a starting rouser to the games, let the cheerleaders lead a good cheer, for goodness' sake.

Old 08-18-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post

National= America
Its all about being patriotic to your country and remembering those lost in war.

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 08-18-2018 at 03:01 PM..

Old 08-18-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
I am glad at least one other person can point the same most obvious thing out.

Read the story of Fred Thomas the Red Sox infielder.
This started back in World War 1 .
100,000 American soldiers had just died the year before this Game.
A day before the game a bomb exploded in Chicago killing 4.
It's all about Patriotism to ones country and remembering our loved ones.

Old 08-18-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
I was just talking to somebody about this very (upsetting) topic.

These athletes are getting paid sick amounts of money, and they can not even endure a 30 second song in exchange for 30 Million Dollars per year? These athletes are total losers.

Secondly, it is called the "National" foot ball league. Why did these athletes sign up for a "National" league if they hate the nation? Why are they accepting tens of millions of dollars per year if they hate the nation they are playing under?

Total. Losers.

Thankyou.
Respect the flag. Plain and simple.
There is more to the flag than the stars and stripes.
It's the blood that was spilled so that it can still fly overhead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies