Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 08:43 AM

68,344 posts, read 54,470,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Fox Sports will no longer air coverage of the National Anthem before its NFL games.
It plans to follow "standard procedures" and not air this wonderful ceremony.

I don't know about you, but as a kid I never remember any and I mean any sporting event,
including wrestling " an entertainment sport " without hearing the national anthem.

Fox decides not to show it at all as NFL players continue to protest racial injustice
during this time prior to every start of a game.

What is wrong with just panning and focusing the cameras on our Beautiful Flag during this time ?

To cut out the National Anthem altogether is disrespectful akin to burning the flag.
So many generations have given their lives for our flag.
I respect and thank every veteran and enlisted service man and woman I bump into during the course of my daily life.
They have put their lives before ours so that we can continue to enjoy the freedoms we enjoy today.

I am shocked that a syndicated station can only come up with childish resolve to appease its viewers.
Until then I will show my support by viewing other stations that will respect out country by airing the National Anthem.

And that doesn't include the freedom to decide not to air the National Anthem should they so choose?

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies