Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 06:39 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Hunger is a great motivator to get a job.
And what of people who are unable to work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 06:52 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,044 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DztRkVKU5M

Old 08-18-2018, 06:53 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,864,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
And what of people who are unable to work?
Should have a good safety net for the disabled paid for by reductions in welfare programs for poor families.

The nation is depending on a generation of near half-Medicaid babies to pay big amounts on our increase need for social security, medicare and medicaid in the 2030s and 2040s.

Such a shame upper-middle class families just in many cases only have one child when with more incentives they could have higher birth rates and we would have more revenue for retirees in the 2030s and 2040s.

Instead, what we have now is millions of poor women having babies with parolees, criminals and many of them are on heroin, meth and can't raise a family but yet liberals are advocating for them to have baby after baby with all these huge welfare programs.

It sure seems like it with all the handouts these poor families are getting to have baby after baby and the liberals wanting to drastically increase the handouts.

Interesting how lots of liberals have dreams and fantasies that these Medicaid and welfare babies are going to be wealthy and pay lots of revenue for the baby boomers entitlement program spending in the 2030s and 2040s.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:02 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Should have a good safety net for the disabled paid for by reductions in welfare programs for poor families.

The nation is depending on a generation of near half-Medicaid babies to pay big amounts on our increase need for social security, medicare and medicaid in the 2030s and 2040s.

Such a shame upper-middle class families just in many cases only have one child when with more incentives they could have higher birth rates and we would have more revenue for retirees in the 2030s and 2040s.

Instead, what we have now is millions of poor women having babies with parolees, criminals and many of them are on heroin, meth and can't raise a family but yet liberals are advocating for them to have baby after baby with all these huge welfare programs.

It sure seems like it with all the handouts these poor families are getting to have baby after baby and the liberals wanting to drastically increase the handouts.

Interesting how lots of liberals have dreams and fantasies that these Medicaid and welfare babies are going to be wealthy and pay lots of revenue for the baby boomers entitlement program spending in the 2030s and 2040s.
My husband and I are in a high tax bracket, but we're postponing kids. Not because we can't afford it, but because we want to enjoy a little more freedom and individuality before we sign our lives away to our continual servitude to a child for at least 18 years.

We don't need welfare. But many other families breaking their backs working multiple jobs and children born into unfortunate circumstances do.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:28 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Should have a good safety net for the disabled paid for by reductions in welfare programs for poor families...
NO. SAFETY. NETS.

At all.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:38 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
ABOLISH ALL WELFARE, ENTITLEMENTS, AND HANDOUTS.

Why do you leftists always advocate for theft of my income?
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
I see you want to make America a 3rd world country and be happy to see poor people starving and live on the streets. You’re very good hearted.
No. The government shouldn't be involved. When it was said that the U.S. Government's job included "the welfare of the people" it did NOT mean: give them free everything.

If people want to help the poor, they can put their money where their mouth is and donate to the hundreds of thousands of charities across the country. They can donate goods. They can donate money. They can donate their time.

Do not force others to do it.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:50 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
I love threads like this as people try to outcrazy each other. It’s the best comedy around.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:08 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,018,880 times
at some point we as a nation may have to consider sterilization for some.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:39 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,493,295 times
I'm not going to address the idea of elimining welfare for the poor, so it can be given to the upper middle-class, as if people have more kids, because they receive welfare. That's just silly.

I would like to address those who want to eliminate the social safety net. We started out without one. That didn't work, which is why we have one, today.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:50 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
My only take from this thread is that I hope the OP doesn't procreate.

OP is saying the well off should have more babies because they will be smarter than those that are poor.

I am surprised he hasn't provided us with the birth rate in North Dakota vs California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies