Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 04:55 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Staying awake all night...staring at the ceiling...thinking of ways to rob & redistribute money.

Is that what it has come to?

SMH
The OP may be the biggest leftist on this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 05:03 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
ABOLISH ALL WELFARE, ENTITLEMENTS, AND HANDOUTS.

Why do you leftists always advocate for theft of my income?
That ridiculous - and I would never be considered on the left side of the spectrum.

Old 08-18-2018, 05:06 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,099,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.stlouisfed.org/on-the-ec...rtility-income

They should have the safety-net resources for families in the $100,000-$300,000 a year range and not the poor families with children.

The poor and very wealthy seem to have high birth rates, but there seems to be a low rate for those in the $100,000-$300,000 a year range who pay lots in taxes and get nothing in return who could raise give children that would pay for more taxes in the future than today's Medicaid babies, illegals and third-world refugees.

Would be a great thing instead of poor families having free day-care, free-EBT, free-TANF and free-section 8 vouching if they instead reallocated the welfare to wealthier families that need to increase birth rates.

https://www.mercatus.org/publication...curity-retiree

With two workers per retiree in the future. Medicaid babies, refugees, illegal aliens are not going to be able to pay the bills for future generations safety-net like upper-middle class wealthier families.
Low-brow humor usually escapes me.....you’re joking, right?

Old 08-18-2018, 05:22 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,859,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Low-brow humor usually escapes me.....you’re joking, right?
Absolutely, look at the birth rates in Fountain Valley and Scottsdale compared to Maryvale, Glendale and El Mirage.

America needs higher birth rates from upper-middle class families so they deserve programs that are tailored to them which could be revenue neutral by eliminate the safety-net for poor families.

Seems like poor families are having babies just for big, huge welfare checks from the federal, state and local governments.

Down the road in 2035, 2040, 2045 those Medicaid babies of today will likely be criminals, welfare, dealers and another cycle of poor people having babies thanks to safety-net for poor families.

We do need higher birth rates from upper-middle class though. Families from $100,000-$300,000 in my opinion should have the daycare vouchers, EBT, WIC ,utility assistance etc. instead of poor families who are just having baby after baby to get a massive increase in welfare programs.

Old 08-18-2018, 05:42 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
I see you want to make America a 3rd world country and be happy to see poor people starving and live on the streets. You’re very good hearted.
Hunger is a great motivator to get a job.

Old 08-18-2018, 05:44 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
That ridiculous - and I would never be considered on the left side of the spectrum.
How and why?

No one should have their income taken from them and given to someone else, unless consent is given. It is theft otherwise.

Old 08-18-2018, 05:47 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
https://www.stlouisfed.org/on-the-ec...rtility-income

They should have the safety-net resources for families in the $100,000-$300,000 a year range and not the poor families with children.

The poor and very wealthy seem to have high birth rates, but there seems to be a low rate for those in the $100,000-$300,000 a year range who pay lots in taxes and get nothing in return who could raise give children that would pay for more taxes in the future than today's Medicaid babies, illegals and third-world refugees.

Would be a great thing instead of poor families having free day-care, free-EBT, free-TANF and free-section 8 vouching if they instead reallocated the welfare to wealthier families that need to increase birth rates.

https://www.mercatus.org/publication...curity-retiree

With two workers per retiree in the future. Medicaid babies, refugees, illegal aliens are not going to be able to pay the bills for future generations safety-net like upper-middle class wealthier families.

Quote:
Absolutely, look at the birth rates in Fountain Valley and Scottsdale compared to Maryvale, Glendale and El Mirage.

America needs higher birth rates from upper-middle class families so they deserve programs that are tailored to them which could be revenue neutral by eliminate the safety-net for poor families.

Seems like poor families are having babies just for big, huge welfare checks from the federal, state and local governments.

Down the road in 2035, 2040, 2045 those Medicaid babies of today will likely be criminals, welfare, dealers and another cycle of poor people having babies thanks to safety-net for poor families.

We do need higher birth rates from upper-middle class though. Families from $100,000-$300,000 in my opinion should have the daycare vouchers, EBT, WIC ,utility assistance etc. instead of poor families who are just having baby after baby to get a massive increase in welfare programs.
For one thing, unless I overlooked something, your lovely little birthrate chart stopped at $100,000. If you have evidence, as claimed in your opening post, that the very wealthy have such high birth rates, please produce it.

Second, if you really want to do away with welfare, I disagree with you, but at least be consistent about it, instead of giving it to people who don't actually need it.

Third, I strongly suspect that many of the couples who have chosen to have only one or two children have done so because - gasp - they only want one or two children. I am not sure that the financial incentives you have suggested will convince them to have more.

Fourth, what you have suggested is essentially economic eugenics, and thoroughly disgusting.

Fifth, of all the crazy/stupid/loopy suggestions I have seen on here, this has to be one of the crazy/stupid/loopiest.

I could list a whole bunch of other things that are wrong with this idea, but I need to take a break now, because my head hurts.

Old 08-18-2018, 05:51 PM

1,261 posts, read 567,099 times
Quote:
The nation needs to increase birth rates for those making $100,000-$300,000 a year so we have educated workers who have potential paying future tax bills instead of today's Medicaid babies, illegal aliens and refugees.
You should perhaps advocate for changing immigration policy similar to the points system based like in Canada.

Old 08-18-2018, 05:52 PM

1,261 posts, read 567,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Many poor people do work, or some may not be able to due to being disabled.
If minimum wage wasn’t crappy low there would have been less poor people.

Old 08-18-2018, 06:10 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
To a point. But if the jobs aren't out there, hunger will motivate people to do whatever they need to do to survive, ethical/legal or not.

If you've never been poor, then you can't fully understand this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies