Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 12:22 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Ummm.last I checked Jeffries and "triggered" No-uh" didnt recently star in a marching band singing about how great abortion is..did they?
yeah, IDK, when she did that routine it along with not being funny felt like she was trying to be edgy just to be edgy, it fell flat and it wasn't funny. I'm pro choice but there is a point where we shouldn't try and push it with things too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2018, 01:11 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Ummm.last I checked Jeffries and "triggered" No-uh" didnt recently star in a marching band singing about how great abortion is..did they?
If it were funny, it wouldn't matter.

You fail to understand it was about not being funny, not the topic.

The fact of the matter, if it was about politics, the people I mentioned wouldn't be featured on Netflix.

Old 08-20-2018, 03:32 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
yeah, IDK, when she did that routine it along with not being funny felt like she was trying to be edgy just to be edgy, it fell flat and it wasn't funny. I'm pro choice but there is a point where we shouldn't try and push it with things too much.
The way she handled it was totally callous and inappropriate.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:45 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieinthestates View Post
She's a funny bloke. I'm guessing many resent her for your WHCA dinner roast.

I think she represents most of the world's view on Trump.

Never heard anyone refer to a female as a bloke.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:36 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieinthestates View Post
She's a funny bloke. I'm guessing many resent her for your WHCA dinner roast.

I think she represents most of the world's view on Trump.
Obviously not, the twit got cancelled after 3 months due to LOW VIEWERSHIP. so there goes your "representation" theory..

Old 08-21-2018, 09:20 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
https://ijr.com/2018/08/1117084-netf...michelle-wolf/

hahaha.. lets hope Sarah Sanders reports this

That's because it was horrible....

Tried to watch an episode and she was just not funny and it was a horrible show. Switched to another show after 10 minutes it was so horrible.

All the fuss about Monique I remember last year (or a year before). She would have been way better to do this sort of show. I never even heard of this Michelle Wolf, now I know she is not funny.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:25 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
OMG -- this must be the end to anything liberal right?:ta pe:
At the very least, it's some kind of censorship.

Or something.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:29 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Absolutely it was-Wolf is a political hack who hated Trump. No one wanted to hear her ridiculous idiocy.
But, but, but, I thought Netflix was a bastion of liberal thought intent on presenting only one point of view and censoring any/all dissenting voices.
At least that is what is claimed in that other thread about them no longer allowing comments/reviews.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:17 AM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I don't think that there's anything really political about this at all, actually. It was simply the show sucked, had low viewership and Netflix booted it.

Netflix just like every other large company worships at the god of the all might dollar. If this show was raking in the people and it was hard left leaning or hard right leaning as long as it was bringing eyeballs and dollars to Netflix it would have kept on plugging along.

You can do whatever you want when you're making dough, when the numbers ain't there you get scrutiny, that's usually how it works in most businesses actually. You always get leeway when things are good money-wise.

I found her political views to be too far left for me, but I have a sense of humor, if something is funny I can still watch it even though I might not be 100% onboard with what they are peddling personally in terms of their political leanings.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:28 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,967,617 times
Awwww, poor lil' thang.

Bon voyage, behotch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies