Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 01:46 PM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
Let them kill each other off, as long as innocent bystanders aren't caught. Majority of those killed most likely was self inflicted being associated in wrong groups people and drugs. I have no qualms with them killing each other.
The decent people really have to take back their neighborhoods. That means working with rather than against the police. And making it clear to the criminals that their depredations and even existence is intolerable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 01:59 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The decent people really have to take back their neighborhoods. That means working with rather than against the police. And making it clear to the criminals that their depredations and even existence is intolerable.
Here is something else to consider. How much do you want to bet that alot of decent people just want to leave? Think about this. People from those neighborhoods who have certain talents, skills, and education, often get resources that will allow them to leave. Many who can't leave are just stuck there.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You got this from Sowell, a guy I admire but I'm not so sure about this one. The criminality rate among Southern whites isn't terribly high nor do I believe is particularly higher than the whites in North East or the Midwest. Also the whites that would be most comparable to Southern blacks are Appalachian whites and there were very few blacks sent to Appalachia. Appalachian whites also have a high rate of marriage even despite the poverty and cultural dysfunction.
It isn't as high as it used to be. Thomas Sowell is talking about this on a historical perspective. Alot of Blacks got their culture from the southern White underclass, and then that culture transpired from the rural South to urban areas. The truth is, alot of Blacks and Whites have gotten away from that redneck culture thanks to education. However, those who are stuck in it, well, Blacks are more likely to be stuck in it today.

Consider this. In antebellum times, the murder rate in South Carolina was markedly higher than in Massachusetts. The South has historically been a more violent region compared to other parts of the USA, going back to the antebellum times. This while Black people were slaves. The South has historically been poorer and less educated.

Appalachia has a large epidemic of pill addiction, meth, and heroin. Food stamp use is very high. And in rural Appalachia, there is something else you should understand. You have plenty of places where the police can't reach easily. Someone could get killed and no one would even bother to get the police due to being too far from a police station and that frontier "we'll deal with it ourselves" mentality.

Quote:
Yup, I've really come to appreciate my Ghanaian heritage.
Ghana had the British to learn from.

Quote:
It's virtually impossible you have to have be blessed with great skill.
Not really. Albert Einstein said that genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. In short, you can have a gift for something, but you need to do the work. It takes work and discipline. You don't have to be blessed with great skill, but you can work towards great skill.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
More black people are being born out of wedlock, becoming overweight and obese, commiting crime, applying for government assistance, falling behind in the income, wealth, education, and achievement gaps, and generally not succeeding in life than ever before.

But you’re right, a few more black people also recieved their college degree. What a great accomplishment

Cherry picking the statistics only makes you look more ignorant. As a black man I have no problem looking at the good and the bad and seeing how the latter far outweighs the former. These are simple statistics lectured in any sociology class.
There are more people PERIOD born out of wedlock and becoming overweight than ever before. This rise is happening for alot of people. And historically, Blacks have had higher out of wedlock birth rates and fatherless homes than anyone else, going back to the 1930s. This was without any welfare state. In fact, back in the 1930s, there was a welfare program for women who were widowed or if their husband left, and they could stay home and raise their children. Black women were not allowed to partake in this program. This didn't stop the Black out of wedlock birth rates than anyone else during those times. Nowadays alot of people are having kids out of wedlock, White, Black, Hispanic,etc.

And the crime rates have been dropping since the late 1990s. Crime is just more publicized than it used to be, albeit, the places where it's the worst keep having the same problems.

By the way, I did not "cherry pick" anything. I merely mentioned that the violence, the disregard for education, this is ghetto culture. This is the culture of the underclass. Things for the underclass, those in the ghettos, are getting crazier each day. However, you have a segment of the Black population that is doing better and has contributed to a growth in the middle class. More Black people getting college degrees is something that is a good thing. This means more people entering the professional ranks, more people getting better jobs. Generally, the better educated you are, the better your chances of getting a good job and avoiding the ghetto life.

Basically, this is how it goes. Within the Black population, there are a few segments going in divergent directions. One involves Blacks who are doing better for themselves and not contributing to crime and violence, those who are part of the middle class and upper class. And then you have the underclass, and those living in the ghetto. Those who have the talent and ability to do better will leave the ghetto behind and never come back. Many who can't keep doing worse. You see, I can acknowledge certain problems. I'm not an apologist. I don't make it a habit to talk down about the Black population or call them brainwashed. I am here to show you have a few segments with the Black population. Many doing well for themselves, and many who are doing worse.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:50 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Like a good GOP'er you love your welfare and youll concoct all kinds of silly scenarios to justify it. Even in this post you're introducing an entirely new scheme, govt job training.
That's it? That's your rebuttal? Pitiful. Might I remind you that the state of CA, the one with no end to free food in sight, is not "GOP".

Let's take one city and test your theory of cutting everyone off right now. I'd like to put you in the center of that city and tell everyone that it was your idea.

Then you can come back and tell us if you feel like a smart ass about it anymore.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
You can't teach ambition.
You can't teach the value of hardwork.
These are values that come from a family. A conducive environment.

Teach? Nah.
That's a liberal talking point to artificially inflate your home value for more tax revenue that teachers won't see in raises. That's the gods honest truth whether it's NY or FL or TX or CA.
Add in how things are taught and how they are tested as an indication of "performance"...

As a millennial who went through public school, here's where bush and everyone else got it dead wrong.
1. Teachers teach kids to regurgitate what they learn. Don't question it, critical thinking is condemned.
2. Regurgitation of information. Test scores are how a student and teachers performance is analyzed. Our tests were simple memory retention tests. Not application tests. Application would be writing a research paper for US history, ELA, etc.
3. Bombardment in homework to make up for a poor quality in the classroom. Grade school wasn't bad. Homework became volumous in middle and highschool. My college didn't grade homework. That was for you to do if you wanted to do it. It served as a refresher.
4. Useless levels of math. You'll hear the phrase STEM alot. In 02-03 the push for advanced mathematics in NY hit hard. Why? Muh future engineerz and scientistz!
Not everyone is cut out for that. There's crap I learned in highschool I have yet to use in the real world. Except for calculating for wind humidity temperature pressure to make shots out to and beyond 1000 yards.

I'd have opted out of math completely after the 10th grade and just take more shop classes. Metal fabrication and welding, wood fabrication, etc. I can and have built houses, roofs, engines, transmissions, rear differentials, race cars and hotrods. I'm hands on and love to diagnose problems, mechanical, electrical, makes no difference to me.

Memory serves correct homework accounted for 35% of your GPA, I only did homework to be on the football team in highschool, .
F that 35% of your grade.

I could score in the high 80s to mid 90s on tests and quizzes. I refused to do homework. Not at an hour for each class. I'd rather work and make money after school than do homework.

I'll do one better. How's this work for you?
Rather than requiring everyone to get a college degree and 3-5 years worth of expirience before being considered for employment...
Lower a company's taxes, eliminate them completely local and federal so long as
1. They hire indiscriminately no exclusions for age race gender etc.
2. Pay a sustainable yet fair wage, while educating the applicant. Shaping them molding them to be proficient, knowledgeable, and productive.
3. If. If the candidate does not thrive in a field offer a different position within the place of employment where they are better suited.

Prime example. Take a car dealership. Highschool kid likes cars. Wants to work on cars. Bring them in at 12 bucks an hour to detail and wash cars. After a couple years bump em into the shop to do oil changes tires piddly peon crap. Bump em up to 14 an hour so they can buy their tools off the Snap-On, Mac, Matco truck. Pair them up when the shop is slow for piddly work to help techs with real work. Pulling engines, transmissions etc.
They show signs of being a promising tech and want to learn to do more? Give them brakes, tires, alignments.
Then another raise so they can buy more tools.
Then have them work under a seasoned tech and learn how to do real work. Pull heads do head gasket repairs. Pull transmissions for the seasoned guy to rebuild/repair. Have them learn how to properly and efficiently diagnose the concerns under the guidance of someone in the know.
By the time they're 21 22 they'll be able to do almost everything a real tech can do pay accordingly... 25-30 per hour.
Send them to the manufacturer for certification training. Big raise.

When they get to be 40 50 years old. Their body is aching. Replace chithead service writers with them. Make the best one the shop forman, the one who oversees everyone's work and gets all the nightmare jobs, takes a kid under their wing. Make him service manager at 45-50 years old. For they will know the operations top to bottom. Inside and out. Not some POS business school grad that only knows herp derp customer is always right... lets pull warranty fraud etc etc.
Or... if their FixItRightFirstTime scores are high like mine were, manufacturer hires them on as a field service engineer to fix the gremlins elsewhere within a 50 mile radius of their home.

Say they suck at wrenching. It's turning out to be a pipe dream. They are struggling with basic concepts hands on application and critical thinking for diagnosing problems.
Boot them down to detailer? Nah. Are they sociable? Good with numbers? Send them to the parts department. Send them to the sales floor. Stock shelves for parts and bring parts out to mechanics. Then bump them up to looking up parts. That not their cup of tea? Sales. They can jockey cars around for salesmen. They can learn from salesmen how to close deals. Appraise trade ins. Etc etc. Or bump them back to detailing if that's where they're good and if not... sorry this industry may not be for you... try a body shop? Not all dealerships have body shops. But who knows... I started out in a body shop. I just didn't have patience for all of the absorbent amount of prep work. Besides... bolting fenders and such got boring quick.

That service department would be a gold mine and there would be no need for a piece of paper from a college for auto repair.
Do it with nurses and doctors any and every other trade. No more asinine need for a student loan and 3-5 years experience.

You'd kill 3 birds with 1 stone.
1. Cutting taxes = companies can invest in earn and learn. They're absorbing the cost of growing good productive proficient employees.
(It's what I did when Trump cut my taxes )
2. No need for a college degree. This will either: Make colleges lower tuition prices Or serve for true higher level of education.
3. Lower cost of living. Yes. A student loan absolutely counts towards a cost of living.

I know people with 100-200k in student loan debt that were hamstrung by BS requirements making 35-65k per year to start... Alot of people actually.
Paralegals. Nurses. Mechanics. Welders. Millwrights. List goes on and on.

Eventually. It's funny buts it not. Eventually... there will be more BS jobs created out of thin air. Or modifying the name of a position. Think janitor. They'll be renamed sanitation technician and there will be a requirement for an associates-bachelor's degree to scrub toilets wax floors and stock toilet paper. Oh. And they must have at least 3-5 years experience to be considered for employment LOL

I pity kids here in Florida... this state has engineering schools to put RPI to shame... these kids almost all go to school here and then move elsewhere because Disney Tourism and Tropicana reign supreme.
If I hit it big... I'll work to change that. Until then... I'll focus on simply expanding and hiring on more with 0 experience and train them to be productive, smart, capable of critical thinking and problem solving, dependable, and reward them accordingly. 1 hand washes the other.
Only government interference I'll support is tax exemption and roll backs on more regulations to really speed things up.
I'm not a liberal. JFC, is this your first day on this forum?

If someone has no skills, they won't be working. If they can't even do the most basic of things, they will not be working. I don't mean that they are mentally retarded, I mean they don't care because no one has ever shown them a reason to care. So your answer is, "I'll just say you don't need a college education". How about a high school one?

You will get to pay for them for the rest of their lives.

Hurray. Let's continue to do the same damn thing we've been doing because we like to sit here and ***** and moan about our tax dollars going to "welfare scum".

You cut them off, watch what happens.

You all do not live in reality.

Old 08-21-2018, 03:14 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:

Unemployed? Maybe unemployable? You're not going to sit around and reproduce. Nope. Mandatory birth control or sterilization.
This is key. You don't pay people to sit around doing nothing and having kids. You can't force someone to take birth control but you can make it a requirement for eligibility for benefits. That's how you kill inter-generational dependency. Don't let them create the next generation while they are living on the tax payer's dime.

Old 08-21-2018, 03:15 PM

Just thought I'd point this out. Toss out my idea of welfare reform to get people off of welfare. I get:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Like a good GOP'er you love your welfare ...
And...

Quote:
Teach? Nah.
That's a liberal talking point to artificially inflate your home value for more tax revenue ...
In other words, no one on this forum has a clue what they're talking about, and is adamantly against any possible new ideas because "we like to ***** and moan".

Old 08-21-2018, 03:16 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Here you go. This is one of the issues no one has considered. These programs were meant to HELP people work their way out of poverty. They were not meant for people to live off of perpetually.
Thats the way it is in NY... Speak out against it you are heartless. That is the problem with liberal democrats. The plantation is a real thing and it is not exclusive to one race or another. You propose eliminating or toppling anything? You are a cruel cold hearted prick.

Quote:
The stupid have hurt before. Many of the stupid became criminals and filled the prisons. Many of the stupid had alot of babies when they shouldn't have had any. This has been going on long before welfare got really big. I think one of the biggest problems is that nowadays there is no shame in having a bunch of kids out of wedlock.
IF you do shame, You are "racist" "misogynist" for wanting to control a woman's reproductive system.
No. Its true. Its a common sense thing... You don't breed what you can't feed... Dudes aren't excluded. Theres no reason to go raw dogging everything with a pulse. Period.

Race is the least important factor. Poverty is poverty. Poor life choices and stupid does not discriminate. Its equal opportunity to failure.

Quote:
Back in the old days, if you got pregnant out of wedlock, it was a big scandal. You had to get married. In many cases, the marriage didn't work out and then things got nasty after that. Nowadays, we have shows like The Maury Show. There are women going on the show trying to find out who the father of their children are. When there are some women going on the show multiple times hearing "You Are Not The Father", there should be alot of shame.
No way... Shaming is mean. Getting married is a conservative idea. The hell is wrong with you troglodytes wanting to return to the 50s/60s where family remained in tact and was not broken up with incentives and rewards for poor life choices and behaviors?

I hear it from boomers that had cousins or friends that got pregnant. The girls parents, shipped the pregnant chick off to live with relatives far far away for shaming the family. AND often times the child was put up for adoption or went to a family member who had trouble having a kid... It was swept under the rug.

Today? Pfft. Move in with mommy and daddy play house with the boyfriend. Live in the basement convert another room into the kids room...
We are rewarding bad behavior... And it isn't exclusive to any race...

Quote:
I think about this. Many of the criminals from yesteryear were likely born into broken homes and to parents who couldn't raise them properly.
And they repeated living what they learned.

Quote:
This whole idea of "my kid can do no wrong" does not help. I agree with that. It also does not help if the kid grows up in a home and an environment full of strife and violence. What every child needs is a home that is orderly, stable, with discipline, with love, with the kid being taught what is right. A kid should be held accountable.
Discipline. I had the fear of Gods wrath from my father. He'd beat the crap out of me when I screwed up. Abuse? Nah. I thank him from his grave for being so hard on me. If he wasn't so hard on me, I'd probably be moved in with my mother and have her pay my bills because Boohoo life and adulting is hard.

Quote:
Alot of kids grow up in homes where they are abused and not loved. Many kids are viewed as nothing more than a paycheck, or a future meal ticket in some cases (alot of athletes are the best example of this). In many cases, the kids are fathered by several different men, and the way the kids are treated are based on "I'm mad at my ex, so I'll take it out on my ex's kid".
Yes. There is the push for the Pro Sports dream. Again this is not exclusive to one race or another.
I crack up at dudes who live their life through their kids. It is revealing who was a bench warmer in highschool and who actually played. Ever want to see who warmed the bench or was 2nd or 3rd string when they played ball in highschool? Look at the screaming father finding fault in every thing the kid does and constantly bash them for being an embarrassment or disappointment...
True story. That's how you find out. Same as the drunken idiot screaming at a TV watching a game at a bar...
Anyways, yes they will push kids to excel in sports and go on to get a college scholarship free ride, then try to recruit for the pro ball league. That kid is eating breathing living football. Hockey. Soccer. Whatever sport it is.

Quote:
I know a kid who was like this. He was a kid that bullied me alot. He stole from me, he hung out with other criminal kids, who also bullied me. He got busted for burglary as a teen. A kid who had several video game systems and was given alot of stuff, and he turned into a criminal. He did things that I would not dare do.
Yup because he could get away with it and was never put in check.

Quote:
I also know kids who grew up in some crappy environments who ended up doing time. I lived around alot of rednecks during middle school and high school. Many of them were as scary of the hood rat wannabes. This is why I say redneck culture and ghetto culture are more similar than either side would like to believe. Many kids got used to consequences and keep committing crimes over and over and become criminal adults. Alot of criminals in the ghetto likely got used to the idea of "I'll likely go to prison, so whatever". Going to prison is suppose to be considered something shameful, something scary, something that wastes your youth. However, there are many who look at prison as "cool", as a badge of honor. When that kind of mentality is looming, prison time won't scare said person.
Sort of. I will tell you right now I have no shame in being called a redneck for growing up in the sticks, owning lifted trucks etc. Most others that were getting popped weren't getting popped for tearing ass down a dirt road in a truck or on a dirtbike... The ones getting popped were growing pot on the edge of a farmers cornfield out of view from the farmer unless he patrolled his property... Usually close to a stream.
I worked for what I had, Others grew pot to sell to get what they wanted. After not getting caught, they got bolder and bolder.

Quote:
Said kid should have either been put in prison or sent to rehab.
My cousin? Nah. He deserved death. Put a knife to my aunts throat when she refused to give him money at a family function in the kitchen. I damn near beat his ass to death that day. I walked in to grab a glass of ice tea or something and there he was holding her by her throat against a wall her feet dangling above the floor and a butchers knife in his right hand shouting he'd kill her if she wouldn't give him any money.
I was the bad guy afterwards though.... Riiiggghhhtttt.... Limo liberal aunt and uncle that were feeble and would enable the punk.

Quote:
That is basically the story in the ghetto. Alot of fatherless kids and the mothers can't seem to raise the kids properly. Anyone who says "I don't need a man" is being neglectful of the kids. The kids need both father and mother there.
Oh you sexist misogynist troglodyte! Lol j/k No seriously you say that and the feminists with their BS ideals will be in shortly to say why you're wrong and closed minded and how they can do just a fine job of raising a child all on her own...

Quote:
When you mentioned pain killers, the first thing I thought of was Kentucky or West Virginia. Pills are an epidemic in Appalachia and some other rural areas. We all need good parents. This is why. The parents in this case abused the system. We need things like disability benefits, we don't need abuse of it.
Nope. NY tries to brush that chit under the rug as best they can. I've seen first hand how bad it is with opioids/prescription narcotics and again... It isn't exclusive to rednecks in Appalachia...
Liberals will sit there and say, Oh sure Woe is whitey in Appalachia nobody cared for blacks in the 80s with crack in the ghetto...
That's being petty and focusing on race. Race is a petty thing to focus on. I'll explain what I mean by that later.
Where I grew up and lived a majority of my life, the majority of the county was rural. There was an urban/city like area in the county. It wasn't bad bad like Detroit, NYC, or Chicago, but it was loaded with violent crime... Poverty. Section 8 high rise. The works. All the scum resided there.
Oxys, Hydros, Perks etc were popular house party drugs when I was a teenager. So was pot...
I would throw parties out in the woods. Yeah we drank illegally. But nobody died. And no dope was allowed. I would physically remove anyone with dope. I drew the line with dope. I'd steal their stash of whatever they had and throw it in the bon fire. They make a threat to get someone to come back and beat me kill me whatever? I pummeled the hell out of them and tied or chained their ass to a tree. Have truck Tow rope/Tow Chain and a lock? Beat the brakes off the dude and drag him back to a tree prop him up and lock him tight against the tree. Toss the dope in the fire then throw a beer in their face while they were going off about coming back with a big brother an older cousin friends whatever tell them you need to cool off let me help ya...

They would get their pills from those that lived in the high rise who wanted money and were on disability or from a dealer on credit/consignment.

Quote:
Whoa. I went to college, graduated, had trouble getting work, finally got a good job, got laid off a few years later, and now I'm working a low-paying part time job where I'm basically underemployed. I understand we need a safety net so that if one does fall, they don't have a hard fall and they can get back up again. This is abuse though. And furthermore, where I live, in Georgia, benefits aren't very big here. When I got laid off I only got unemployment benefits for 3 months. After that, no more. 60 k in benefits for them, and the best paying job I ever had paid 40,000 per year. If I didn't live with my parents, I would be in even worse shape.
That's the problem, you can thank those that abuse the system as for why you can not legitimately qualify for a helping hand. Florida is the same way with benefits. You do not get unemployment for long and it is not much. NY its handed out like candy if you got laid off...
That's why I am vehemently against social safety nets... It would hurt you, but who it hurts most! Abusers that use said system as a career.

Quote:
I am in someone's corner if they are willing to work and are not trying to abuse the system. I know what it's like to struggle to get a job. What I don't get is how abusing the system and being lazy pays more than trying your best and struggling.
Because bleeding heart liberal programs that are ripe for abuse with little oversight thats why.
It sounds insane to some. Most will think I am making this crap up. No. I'm not. Thats why I could not stand living in NY knowing my tax dollars were floating bums and my property value was artificially inflated to justify higher property taxes. Nah I know the game I wont play it, IF I do I will beat it. And beat it I did.
We are the only country that punishes people for taking care of their property with higher taxes. Meanwhile slums trailer parks etc can look like 3rd wold chitholes and be rewarded with low taxes, but a high reliance on social services/programs.

Funny how that works huh? Ideally you'd want to tax the hell out of a slumlord with graffiti and garbage, and out of a hillbilly with a camaro/mustang lawn ornament. They are the ones who are taxed the least.

Quote:
Stupidity and graft knows no color. I know White kids that I went to school with who got busted for drugs, who have had kids out of wedlock, dropped out of school, doing really stupid stuff. I know one person I went to high school with who committed murder. White person who murdered another White person. This kid had so much promise when he was in high school and he turned into a criminal later in life.
That's why focusing on race as a primary cause for concern is petty and significantly flawed. This is an American Problem. NOT a Black problem. Not a Latino problem. Not a White problem. Its a problem.
If liberals did not focus on race, or make it about race, you will see it yourself, OH whites don't really care they just like to use blacks as a told ya so or to condemn because racism.

Wrong.

It is not exclusive to race. However, You can not help the demographics of Chicago. Nor can I. Be honest and tell it like it is. It is a cultural problem of idolizing a thug behavior. IT is exclusive to Cities. Again I grew up in the sticks where literally everyone I knew owned ARs. AKs. SKS. Shotguns, the works. Yet... No drive bys. No shooting randomly. You do not see city problems out in the country side. A city is as diverse as it can get typically... You will see all walks of life co-existing every single day in every city in America. However there are the whole Little Italy, Little China, Little Korea, etc etc etc.

Liberals need to knock the chit off with focusing on race or being so quick to declare racism... It takes away from the legitimacy of the problem, the cause of the problem. It is a perpetual problem of endorsing and rewarding stupidity. They lack the honesty and integrity to examine where how and why they went wrong with their cities. They have no shame. They use the deaths in Chicago as statistics for further gun control. Regardless what others think of that woman from the NRA Dana Loesch was dead on. Oh sure. Get worked up for the crying white mothers following parkland, meanwhile ignore the crying black mothers in Chicago Baltimore etc who are burying that many in a night! She was right. She exposes the hypocrisy of liberals who seek to use statistics for furthering an agenda. Suburban white soccer moms are ratings gold for the media.

Yet silence or scoff when it is mentioned how many are being slaughtered in a night over a weekend in Chicago and when it comes up as a discussion, you dare step out of line, you dare point something out, you dare defy towing the liberal social engineering line, You are a racist. A misogynist. A bigot. You don't really care. You hateful close minded conservatard. And how dare you insist people be responsible for their safety and security! That defies gun control. Give them up for the childrunz! How can you say no to the childrunz!?

Easy.
Because it is not for the kids. Thats a whole nother issue in of itself.
I do however crack up when the nanny staters come forward and blame implements... NOT the actions of the individual. They lack the integrity to honestly analyze WHY things are happening. Just how. And what implements were used. And focus on that. Meanwhile things will carry on business as usual.

SO
What do we do?
Bring in more police patrols?
Stop rewarding bad behavior?
Or continue the liberal mantra of floating bums and rewarding poor choices and poor behaviors.
I can tell you one thing... The amount of repeat offenders that do not get appropriate sentences really does not help the situation... Someone who is a violent offender a violent felon getting probation on a plea deal needs to stop. Do the crime? Do the time.

Hate to say it here, but the people in Chicago need to want to fix this problem where big government has failed them. They want the BS to stop?
Form a militia and handle it once and for all. Cops wont patrol those areas? Cops are crooked racist trigger happy? Start putting up Citizen patrols where government leaves the door wide open and handle it. Snitch. Protect one another. Purge the criminal element out via force or via traditional avenues with police. They have to want legitimately want to fix their city. And stop calling for government to fix it for them. Nothing government has ever done has ever improved things in an area. At least in NY... The more government we got. The more taxes we got. The longer it took to get things done The more state pensions etc etc to fund... And results?
Lets say If I worked as efficiently as NYS I would be broke owing money to customers left and right with a bad customer satisfaction score...

I would never ask the government to come in and solve my problems. I would gather up enough people fed up and handle it our selves. Tell the gov you have 1 week to do your job or I will do it for you. And you wont like how I do business. That's what it would need to fix Chicago. Fix Baltimore. Fix Los Angeles. Fix Dallas/Austin/Houston. etc.

Old 08-21-2018, 03:21 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Just thought I'd point this out. Toss out my idea of welfare reform to get people off of welfare. I get:

And...

In other words, no one on this forum has a clue what they're talking about, and is adamantly against any possible new ideas because "we like to ***** and moan".
Because You can Not teach what needs to be taught... Period.

You show me where "educating" got anyone anything. Teachers get raises? Nope. Kids learn to be productive critical thinking? Nope.
There is truth in public education and colleges being liberal indoctrination centers...
ASK ME HOW I KNOW...

Spent more time in a principals office than a class room for most of my highschool career. I wouldn't take their BS.

You look at what Green_Mariner had said about shaming certain behaviors. You did that in a public school in NY state you'd have a teacher try and make a fool out of you in front of the class room for being hateful, close minded and insensitive.
HOW DARE YOU SL*T SHAME THAT GIRL!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU NEED TO BE SUPPORTIVE!

HOW DARE YOU [insert saying or doing any thing that defies liberal good feelz]

Starts in public schools... It carries on... government has done a good enough job screwing up education. They do not need to screw it up any further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies