Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2018, 06:27 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Twenty-five years ago my brother-in-law, an artist, painted a picture for me of one of my favorite things. I cherished it. Twenty years ago he passed away and in that same time frame that painting was lost by some movers. Luckily I had a picture of it. I took it to a friend who happens to be one of the most talented tattoo artists I have ever seen. Since then I have sported that tattoo on my back and I carry my brother-in-law's work with me at all times.

There are crappy tattoos, crappy tattoo "artists," and crappy people that have tattoos. But not all tattoo wearers are the dregs of society. Some that tattoo are true artists. Some, not so much.

In some cases, like mine, reasons for one to get a tattoo are personal and meant for themselves only.

Some of Tommy's works from his Facebook and Instagram pages. Posting these to prove that there is true artistry involved. All of his pictures are public.

ETA sorry I grabbed the links from Tommy's personal page. I'm working on getting them from his public page.
For now, a link to his public FB page.

Link to Instagram if the above doesn't work.
Good point. Often tattoos hold special meanings for the wearers. After my mother died my nephew got a tattoo in remembrance of her. My nieces also got a tattoo in memory of their mother, my sister, when she passed. Each tattoo was something representative of the special bond between them.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:00 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Could care less. Not my business.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:11 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,059 times
Who cares? If people want to mark their bodies, so be it.
I find them unattractive, but its just my opinion.
What I do find funny are the "meanings" behind everyone's tattoo's. Give me a break. These tats don't change the memory or meaning of a life event, they just scream, "hey everyone, look at me".

Of course, we will hear from those who have the tat in a discreet place, but, of course, unless you've lived a celibate life, they will be seen as well.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:44 AM

10,770 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I've never seen an attractive female with tattoos.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:44 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Who cares? If people want to mark their bodies, so be it.
I find them unattractive, but its just my opinion.
What I do find funny are the "meanings" behind everyone's tattoo's. Give me a break. These tats don't change the memory or meaning of a life event, they just scream, "hey everyone, look at me".

Of course, we will hear from those who have the tat in a discreet place, but, of course, unless you've lived a celibate life, they will be seen as well.
I don’t think getting people to look at them is a primary motivator for getting a tattoo.

I mean, not any more than anything else people do to adorn/alter their bodies. Hairstyles, piercings, makeup, clothing, tanning (real or fake), workouts...

Then there are other factors like the cars they drive, the houses they live in, how they maintain their lawns/gardens, what sort of furnishings they purchase...

The big argument with tattoos is permanence. But, what’s so bad about that?

It’s not like being 90 and wrinkled looks SO much better without tattoos.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I don't have tattoos myself, but I could give zero effs f anyone else does. Their, body, their decision. I love seeing some tats; it's a good ice breaker with someone. You'll also find that the less you worry about things other people that does not personally harm you, the better off you'll be.
I don't think people are "worried" by ugly people, just that most people don't have a romantic interest in physically ugly people, and don't have a friendship (or romantic) interest in people with ugly personalities.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:48 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
For those who think tattooing is a "fad," I give you this, from 1939:

https://youtu.be/n4zRe_wvJw8

Old 08-22-2018, 07:52 AM

BTW I've got a couple of tattoos so I understand the appeal, just that I think it destroys a female's femininity.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:04 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
BTW I've got a couple of tattoos so I understand the appeal, just that I think it destroys a female's femininity.
So, they’re okay for you...just not for “females.”

Check.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:37 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I don’t think getting people to look at them is a primary motivator for getting a tattoo.

I mean, not any more than anything else people do to adorn/alter their bodies. Hairstyles, piercings, makeup, clothing, tanning (real or fake), workouts...

Then there are other factors like the cars they drive, the houses they live in, how they maintain their lawns/gardens, what sort of furnishings they purchase...

The big argument with tattoos is permanence. But, what’s so bad about that?

It’s not like being 90 and wrinkled looks SO much better without tattoos.
x 1,000,000

When people use that as a reason to be against tats, I have to laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies