Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 11:30 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terr View Post
In case Mueller doesn't actually indict Trump on anything:

A question for our liberal friends: do you think Whitewater was a successful, needed, investigation? Because you know, Whitewater investigation resulted in convictions of 15 people on 40 charges. One was a sitting Governor, and was removed from office. It didn't indict Clintons.

Bill Clinton pardoned 4 of these people.

And those charges were actually related to what the Special Council was charged with investigating. Unlike Mueller's indictments/convictions so far (other than the fake ones "indicting" Russians that can never be put on trial).
I think an investigation of Madison Guaranty was merited. Whitewater was just a failed real estate deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 01:02 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Mueller has blown his two biggest cases. The Russian collusion nonsense is dead.

Kitty is off her feed if she really believes this nonsense.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:05 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Open thread about Trump, discover a pivot to Whitewater.

Yeah... that sounds about right.

To answer your question, I've never really looked into it. I was in my early 20s at the time, It think it was (I never voted for Clinton) and I was too busy with a small kid to be keeping track of it.

I don't care now, though. I do remember that Nixon resigned, but only because people still talk about it all these years later whenever a President is seen as being guilty of a crime.

Which, I don't recall anyone comparing Clinton to Nixon except during the Lewinsky thing. And that had to do with lying under oath.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:15 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Trump is the best organizing tool we have. We need him around in 2018 and to run and lose in 2020 to help us gain more seats across the country.

Not sure that will be enough.

As more and more people reenter the workforce, they will once again become tax payers, and tax payers make ****-poor Democrats.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:12 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terr View Post
In case Mueller doesn't actually indict Trump on anything:

A question for our liberal friends: do you think Whitewater was a successful, needed, investigation? Because you know, Whitewater investigation resulted in convictions of 15 people on 40 charges. One was a sitting Governor, and was removed from office. It didn't indict Clintons.

Bill Clinton pardoned 4 of these people.

And those charges were actually related to what the Special Council was charged with investigating. Unlike Mueller's indictments/convictions so far (other than the fake ones "indicting" Russians that can never be put on trial).
I think the Mueller investigation is more akin to the McMartin Preschool trial and witch hunt than Whitewater. In McMartin, lives were destroyed along with personal fortunes, children were traumatized and it all amounted to nothing.
At least Whitewater had some basis for investigation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMartin_preschool_trial

Old 08-22-2018, 02:13 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Well Whitewater lasted for roughly 8 years with Starr running it for almost 4 years. If the Mueller probe goes that long they'll have to run the government out of the federal prison system.
Post of the day.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:18 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yet it's true.

Not one thing has come out that links Trump to any illegal collusion with Russians to hack the election.

I know you guys are in denial, but that just makes it more delicious.
Nothing has come out.

Yet.

But Trump himself has said there's something there recently. Cohen's lawyer said the same much more bluntly this morning.

Enjoy the 'deliciousness' if you must, but Russian hacking should not ever taste delicious to a patriotic American. Indeed, the whiff of it should stink of putrefaction to any true patriot.

The hacking is like gangrene to our political bloodstream. Rotten flesh that has to be removed so the rest of the body can survive.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:27 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Clinton (both of them) was smart enough not to pop off at the mouth every day about the investigation. Starr had less to work with in this regard. Not the case with Trump who keeps putting himself in greater danger due to him always posting something on Twitter which it seems he doesn't realize is considered a public record while he's in office....

I'm an independent and don't want to see Trump impeached or in any serious danger at least until 2019-2020 when a new election cycle comes up. I'd rather he just lose the next election. Mostly because I don't want to deal with Pence as president and I especially don't want to see/hear all you Trumpsters b**ching about him being set up or some other false narrative you'll create. But IMO the latter will occur anyway (Trumpsters b**ching) because that's what you all seem to like to do the most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies