Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 07:01 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How silly.

Trump spoke to a packed house this week. No democrat can fill a venue like Trump. Why does Trump need the idiotic press? He talks directly to the people.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...66147598958592
Does he answer questions from objective journalists at those 'packed houses?'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 07:20 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I can't find a list of all Trump's press conferences, but I did see that after February 2017, he went at least 14 months without another one. I didn't realize it at the time.

I suppose you could chalk it up to secrecy, but my guess is that he's terrified at the prospect of having to answer a lot of direct questions from all comers, without being able to just restrict himself to Fox.

At the time, the Guardian said: This press conference is proof Donald Trump will never be presidential.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/polit...sis/index.html

Donald Trump is too dumb to engage the press like Sarah Sanders. Donald Trump hides behind Twitter and that's sad.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:35 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
How silly.

Trump spoke to a packed house this week. No democrat can fill a venue like Trump. Why does Trump need the idiotic press? He talks directly to the people.
And liberal media just can't stand it. They are supposed to tell the people what the president ment, how can they do that if he just tells the people straight out? The left is going crazy because Trump is interfering with them putting their spin on what he says because the people hear it directly. They REALLY can't stand that he does more than pander to his base like Obama did. What did Obama ever do that benefited over 80% of the people like Trumps tax cut? Nothing.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:37 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
What objective journalists? Liberal media doesn't have any journalists at all, just partisan political activists with a press pass.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:39 PM

639 posts, read 248,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I can't find a list of all Trump's press conferences, but I did see that after February 2017, he went at least 14 months without another one. I didn't realize it at the time.

I suppose you could chalk it up to secrecy, but my guess is that he's terrified at the prospect of having to answer a lot of direct questions from all comers, without being able to just restrict himself to Fox.

At the time, the Guardian said: This press conference is proof Donald Trump will never be presidential.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/polit...sis/index.html
Like you people care what he has to say anyways....

Old 08-22-2018, 07:43 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Go to the White House youtube channel. There are loads of videos of Trump speaking to the press informally, before meetings or on the way to Marine One helicopter (often for as long as fifteen minutes) or when foreign dignitaries visit, formally in the White House. Trump has allowed the press to observe entire Cabinet meetings and other meetings. Did Obama ever allow that? Even presstitutes say this White House is more transparent than Obama's secretive cabal.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:55 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
What objective journalists? Liberal media doesn't have any journalists at all, just partisan political activists with a press pass.
Presidential press conferences are not entirely staffed with liberal media.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:51 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Give us a name of someone you consider to be an "objective Journalist" and then we will talk.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:55 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
And liberal media just can't stand it. They are supposed to tell the people what the president ment, how can they do that if he just tells the people straight out? The left is going crazy because Trump is interfering with them putting their spin on what he says because the people hear it directly. They REALLY can't stand that he does more than pander to his base like Obama did. What did Obama ever do that benefited over 80% of the people like Trumps tax cut? Nothing.
Yes Indeed. Corrupt MSM hates to even acknowledge that Trump fills up stadiums with supporters.

Democrat & Leftist Logic.
  • Trump doesn't hold press conference -> "Trump is afraid of the public."
  • Trump holds YUGE rally For The Public, place is packed -> "Those people don't matter".
Call me crazy, well some of you have, but I'm not seeing a winning strategy here for Trump's opponents.

#MAGA!

Old 08-27-2018, 05:06 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Quote:
(Leftists hated The Guardian, when it was the mouthpiece for Edward Snowden)
Do you have anything to back up that assertion? Personally, I tremendously admired the Guardian for that.

Quote:
How silly. Trump spoke to a packed house this week. No democrat can fill a venue like Trump. Why does Trump need the idiotic press? He talks directly to the people.
You may well be correct that no Democrat can fill a venue like Trump. However, you have to keep two things in mind. First, that it's been shown that some attendees were paid. Second, Trump is, after all, foremost a showman. He's a bad businesses, a horrifying president, and an awful human being. But he's a good showman, in the Barnum sense of "a sucker born every minute." So, yes, he can fill a venue with people who are happy to hear his rambling bragging, hate-mongering rants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies