Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,857,500 times

Advertisements

What these actors, politicians, Hollywood producers etc don't get is that they can say something, be attacked for it, apologize and believe all will be well. Once they apologize the mad dog left will only become more vicious and attack until they bring the person down.

That is what sets President Trump aside from all the rest. He does not let the accusers put him on the defensive. He does not apologize.

Now this actor will only be left with his embarrassment in letting them bully him into apologizing. Neither side will support him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 12:44 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,251,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm getting the distinct impression that we're getting a big 1/2 truth here about what he's apologizing for and what it's being presented as.

For example, if I tweeted something about doing something awful to Trump because I don't like his administration and got in trouble for it.....someone could twist it and claim that I was forced to apologize for criticizing the Trump administration.

Conveniently leaving off the commentary that actually got me in trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with this.

In the OP link it does list some of the Tweets and the one about Japan was worthy of an apology as it was rather prejudiced. It read:

"Dogs can sense earthquakes. Too bad Japan ate them all"

This was after the earthquake devastated Japan....That is pretty insensitive to me and worthy of an apology.

It is especially weird due to the stereotype is actually of Koreans eating dogs, not Japanese so it is also kind of idiotic in a way and shows that he thinks all Asians are the same in some way.

He also claimed Sandy Hook was "staged" and said he would not "go gay" to play a character - the last one is odd considering the name of his show. I've never seen it but I'd think there was some "gay" in it from the name lol.
You can see and read a lot of the tweets HERE.

Old 08-24-2018, 12:48 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,706,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
If you like Shapiro, there is evil in your heart that has blinded you.
Voice from the collective of hate.
Shut up and obey so says the liberal/Dem collective.
We will define evil for you. You can't do it with out us.

Old 08-24-2018, 01:27 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,522,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
What these actors, politicians, Hollywood producers etc don't get is that they can say something, be attacked for it, apologize and believe all will be well. Once they apologize the mad dog left will only become more vicious and attack until they bring the person down.

That is what sets President Trump aside from all the rest. He does not let the accusers put him on the defensive. He does not apologize.

Now this actor will only be left with his embarrassment in letting them bully him into apologizing. Neither side will support him.
Yeah I remember how Black Lives Matter would protest the candidates during the 2016 election .
Clinton and Sanders gave into BLM but Trump called them out on their tactics . BLM of course were just trying to be troublemakers.

Interestingly this actor did criticize BLM too but BLM despite their racism and insane agenda of wanting to defund police departments is a sacred cow on the left . Anything critical of BLM and one is labeled a “racist”

Old 08-24-2018, 01:34 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,086,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
You can spew all the hatred against Trump and/or “white people” and your status goes up in Hollywood .
But dare to even “like” non Democratic politicians social media posts and you get attacked .
This guy had to apologize because he knew he’d be ostracized by the industry .

A shame really in America in 2018 .

The liberal thought police and anti free speech soldiers can chalk up another win .

——-
After being outed for "problematic" tweets and likes — including liking tweets from Daily Wire editor-in-chief Ben Shapiro, Donald Trump, and Senator Marco Rubio — actor Israel Broussard of Netflix's "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" has officially apologized for his "inappropriate and insensitive words and likes on social media."

"I am deeply sorry for my inappropriate and insensitive words and likes on social media," Broussard, who plays Josh Sanderson in the series, tweeted Tuesday after backlash over his past social media activity. "I take full responsibility for my actions and I sincerely apologize. This has been a pivotal life lesson for me. I am dedicated to becoming a more informed and educated version of myself."

And so, in a routine we've seen before, Broussard has been compelled to apologize — even thanking his critics for having helped him learn this "pivotal life lesson" — and rededicate himself to becoming "a more informed and educated version" of himself.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/34944...mpression=true
What an idiot.

Old 08-24-2018, 01:38 PM

34,282 posts, read 18,661,666 times
If you do not tow the Democrat Party line 100% you are ostracized, and blackballed in the Entertainment Industry. It is similar to the Communist witch hunts of the 1950's. Now the Communists have taken over, and anyone with American Values is now Blackballed.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:01 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,456,636 times
Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson are very popular. I was on a plane recently and this Muslim American kid was carrying Peterson's book. Upon seeing it this young man, turned out he's French Canadian struck up a conversation with him. They both bemoaned liberal, SJW movement. the Muslim kid said some girl at his school called him a Nazi for not agreeing with the SJW dogma at their school. They talked about Shapiro and other right wing types they watch on Youtube.

My buddy, who is black, just the other day said,"I was watching Ben Shapiro on Youtube..." I nearly spit out my drink. This is a guy that voted for Jill Stein. I asked him what are you dong listening to Ben Shapiro. He's like I don't agree with everything but he makes a lot of sense.

Liberals are turning off many young men. They may not necessarily vote Republican or even vote but they're rejecting this SJW dogma.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:01 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,569,902 times
I'm glad he has come to his senses. I forgive him.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:17 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,460,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Voice from the collective of hate.
Shut up and obey so says the liberal/Dem collective.
We will define evil for you. You can't do it with out us.
I don’t define people, but if you support horrible people, then that reflects on yourself.

Ben is a guy who laughs at civilian deaths by the US government, thinks the lives of children are worthless in countries we bomb, and believes SA, Israel, and the US have a moral right to kill anyone they want. He is a propagandist of the worst form.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:42 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,091,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
You can spew all the hatred against Trump and/or “white people” and your status goes up in Hollywood .
But dare to even “like” non Democratic politicians social media posts and you get attacked .
This guy had to apologize because he knew he’d be ostracized by the industry .

A shame really in America in 2018 .

The liberal thought police and anti free speech soldiers can chalk up another win .

——-
After being outed for "problematic" tweets and likes — including liking tweets from Daily Wire editor-in-chief Ben Shapiro, Donald Trump, and Senator Marco Rubio — actor Israel Broussard of Netflix's "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" has officially apologized for his "inappropriate and insensitive words and likes on social media."

"I am deeply sorry for my inappropriate and insensitive words and likes on social media," Broussard, who plays Josh Sanderson in the series, tweeted Tuesday after backlash over his past social media activity. "I take full responsibility for my actions and I sincerely apologize. This has been a pivotal life lesson for me. I am dedicated to becoming a more informed and educated version of myself."

And so, in a routine we've seen before, Broussard has been compelled to apologize — even thanking his critics for having helped him learn this "pivotal life lesson" — and rededicate himself to becoming "a more informed and educated version" of himself.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/34944...mpression=true
It seems this is what kind of tweets he is apologizing for -- but have your triggered moment -- own it -- you need to vent -- especially if you voted for Trump.

Broussard, in a tweet from 2011, allegedly wrote, “Dogs can sense earthquakes. Too bad Japan ate them all,” the Daily Beast reported. The tweet came just days after a massive earthquake caused a tsunami in the country that left at least 15,000 dead.
Netflix star Israel Broussard apologizes for resurfaced 'inappropriate and insensitive' tweets | Fox News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies