Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 05:12 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,787 times

Advertisements

Seems like democrats just attack everything that Trump supports and favor everything he criticizes. Let's look at some of the positions liberals used to take before they changed their minds just to oppose Trump.

1. They supported free speech and a free press, until some of the press started reporting positive things about Trump as well as important details that the fake news leaves out.
2. They hated McCain, until he started opposing Trump.
3. They hated Bush, until he publicly criticized Trump.
4. They loved WikiLeaks when they were exposing Bush's and Fox's BS about the existence WMD's.
5. They wanted Brennan to be fired, until Trump revoked his clearance.
6. Paul Ryan was Hitler, until he criticized Trump.
7. Democrats supported strong border security, until Trump showed his support for it.
8. They supported peace with Russia, until Putin said something favorable about Trump.

It's like they don't even have any principals or a foundation anymore. They just take the opposite of Trump's positions on everything

Feel free to add to the list. I'm sure there are plenty more examples.

Old 08-25-2018, 05:13 PM

25,771 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I bet liberals would become fans of Hitler if Trump started criticizing him.
Probably.

Old 08-25-2018, 05:14 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
When you tell us how we make it legally binding, tell me how much $$$ you want to lose.

Old 08-25-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
When you tell us how we make it legally binding, tell me how much $$$ you want to lose.
I bet that 10 years ago, you would've made the same wager about Bush.

Old 08-25-2018, 05:28 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,088,812 times
Quote:
Seems like democrats just attack everything that Trump supports and favor everything he criticizes. Let's look at some of the positions liberals used to take before they changed their minds just to oppose Trump.

1. They supported free speech and a free press, until some of the press started reporting positive things about Trump as well as important details that the fake news leaves out.
4. They loved WikiLeaks when they were exposing Bush's and Fox's BS about the existence WMD's.
7. Democrats supported strong border security, until Trump showed his support for it.
8. They supported peace with Russia, until Putin said something favorable about Trump.

It's like they don't even have any principals or a foundation anymore. They just take the opposite of Trump's positions on everything

I have no doubt this would be true for many and was thinking just recently about some of your very examples listed. I don’t know how they will go on after he isn’t President. What will they do? What will they talk about? What will they protest? It must be exhausting living your life everyday around what one man does or says.

Old 08-25-2018, 05:30 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,698,043 times
Gotta agree with OP somewhat. I'm waiting for the day Trump credits our water and air for maintaining life substance. Maybe the *******s would ban both and stop using them.

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:

Once again -- failed thread -- it isn't just liberals/Democrats that don't like Trump.

1,733 posts, read 949,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IbUSA View Post
Trump and Hitler are one in the same several decades removed.

Oh good grief, really??

How old are you? I'm asking because facts about the Holocaust are not being taught in American schools these days. So when someone makes a comment like yours, it's easy to assume some lack a thorough education.

Trump is not similar to Hitler however, if he begins rounding up a specific group of people, assigning them a number, housing them in barracks, torturing and starving them to death, or sending them to the gas chambers, I promise I will reconsider my stance.

https://www.google.com/search?q=holo...MNCVtCL190swM:

Old 08-25-2018, 05:34 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
I don't understand why it is so difficult for folks to understand that Trump refusing to take a firm stand with Putin doesn't mean that folks don't want peace with Russia.

Trump had an opportunity to take a firm stand against Russia's meddling and he refused to take it, seemingly to be bowing down to Putin.

I don't want war with Russia - I want the USA and its allies to co-exist with Russia but definitely not support Russia on election interference.

That's just one example but there are so many.

When Omarosa 'turned' on the President, some Trump fans said - -oh see how liberals love Omarosa. Nope that's not what happened. Trump critics said -- see we told you she was crazy and Trump told us she was amazing....

Again -- some saw this as saying Omarosa is now the darling child of liberal s-- nope - -didn't happen - -except in the minds of Trump fans.

Old 08-25-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
I have no doubt this would be true for many and was thinking just recently about some of your very examples listed. I don’t know how they will go on after he isn’t President. What will they do? What will they talk about? What will they protest? It must be exhausting living your life everyday around what one man does or says.
They'll just keep blaming Trump for everything, until the next Republican gets elected. Every time someone gets attacked, it'll be because Trump instilled hatred and divide in the country. Every act of racism will be because Trump empowered Nazi's and white nationalists. Every time the economy declines, it'll be the fault of Trump's policies. Every terrorist attack will be because Trump made enemies with everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies