Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 12:16 PM

29,555 posts, read 9,753,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Everything is a comparison of choices. If it were not for the affects and corruption of Obama and Clinton you would not have Trump as President.
These 2 have lead to the current situation. Many people did not vote for Trump, they voted against Hillary.

You can't complain about Trump if you supported someone even worse named Clinton.
Wrong!

What we had to choose from when we were forced to choose between Hillary and Trump has NOTHING to do with what Trump does once elected, or our ability to judge the right or wrong thereof. Nothing!

You are only demonstrating the influence of ego, when people become so "invested" in their decision to vote for Trump, all they can think is why they did, defend why they did instead of whether Trump is doing right or wrong, good or bad, ethical or not, presidential or not, for the better of America or worse...

Perhaps true our choices have been crappy and perhaps that's the best explanation for why Trump is POTUS now, but the better more compelling question is why can't we do better? Much better than Trump or any other worse choice?

After all, you don't continue eating at a restaurant where all you get to eat is bad meals, regardless which are worse meals than others. Right? What tastes bad tastes bad even if not as bad as the last meal!

We deserve to eat better! Much better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 12:19 PM

29,555 posts, read 9,753,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IbUSA View Post
We can't do any worse than Trump.
I think I'll sign off with this comment for today, because at least it's hopeful, that we can only go up from here...

Old 08-25-2018, 12:24 PM

8,316 posts, read 3,941,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Wrong!

What we had to choose from when we were forced to choose between Hillary and Trump has NOTHING to do with what Trump does once elected, or our ability to judge the right or wrong thereof. Nothing!

You are only demonstrating the influence of ego, when people become so "invested" in their decision to vote for Trump, all they can think is why they did, defend why they did instead of whether Trump is doing right or wrong, good or bad, ethical or not, presidential or not, for the better of America or worse...

Perhaps true our choices have been crappy and perhaps that's the best explanation for why Trump is POTUS now, but the better more compelling question is why can't we do better? Much better than Trump or any other worse choice?

After all, you don't continue eating at a restaurant where all you get to eat is bad meals, regardless which are worse meals than others. Right? What tastes bad tastes bad even if not as bad as the last meal!

We deserve to eat better! Much better!
Good luck with that argument. You have to understand that many people on this forum do not base any of their decisions or opinions on logic or observation of fact. That's why the term "cult" is often used, not because it's a shot at them, but because it describes the unlimited adulation of the Trump base who will gladly follow him over any cliff, anywhere, anytime. Remember, these are the people that would stand behind Trump even if he shot someone dead at point blank range on Fifth Avenue.

There are definitely SOME Trump voters who are not generally represented on this forum that regret their vote, and I am sure there will be even more of them once the Mueller investigation is completed and we see the full scope of the corruption of the Trump campaign. Will that be enough to pull us back from the brink? I used to think so, but I'm not so sure any more. I guess we will find out in the elections of 2018 and 2020.

Recall that John Gotti and Al Capone had plenty of supporters too; there are some clear parallels with Donald Trump - why did people admire black hearted gangsters that thrived and prospered through murder and exortion? When you get right down to it the voting public in this country is not particularly bright.

Last edited by GearHeadDave; 08-25-2018 at 12:41 PM..

Old 08-25-2018, 12:34 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,857,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
It's not deflection. 8 years of the dumpster fire known as the Obama presidency was bad enough, but the Dems topped it off with the worst political candidate in modern history. Clinton lost to Trump. Try to get your head around that and learn from it. Sadly, it seems like the Dems/left have learned nothing from the 2016 election. Trump is a disaster, but given that the leadership of the Democratic party is a bunch of racist, bigoted lunatics, voters will have little choice but to vote for Trump in 2020 if he runs. I didn't vote for him in 2016 and hope that he doesn't run again. All the Dems need to do is pick a rational candidate who isn't obsessed with Trump and they will win. By rational, I mean someone other than Pelosi, Waters, Ellison, or - god help us -Hillary Clinton.

If you can't see how Obama and Clinton were the primary drivers that culminated in the current Trump debacle, you're simply out of touch.

YEAH, and just look how DESPERATE Americans were after 8 years of DUBYA! They almost raaaan him out of office!

Old 08-25-2018, 12:36 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,857,375 times
Quote:
I think I'll sign off with this comment for today, because at least it's hopeful, that we can only go up from here...

O-M-G how true that is!♥♥♥

Old 08-25-2018, 12:54 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,685,380 times
Quote:

Goodnight Jon Boy, goodnight Jim Bob...………...the Walton's

Trump supporters knew what we were getting.
Someone who won't quit. Someone who would fight against those who wouldn't listen to us. Someone who would try to do what he said he would. We knew it would take someone that didn't need the money of the special interest who could buy them out. We knew it would take someone who wasn't the usual choirboy.

Hardly a week goes by that the Marxist don't claim, they have him this time, on some bogas charge, the claim never materializes like they hope. He isn't even on the canvas.

Old 08-25-2018, 12:57 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,836,067 times
Quote:
I'd much rather have a disruptor like Trump than the smooth talking incompetent narcissist Obama or corrupt Clinton.

The corrupt system and media may take Trump down but they are being exposed for who they are and it ain't pretty.

Hard to believe today's Democrats encourage and accept so easily the corruption out of DC establishment. These were the "anti establishment" from 50 years ago.
Yeah, Trump and the GOP aren't corrupt. Thanks for the laugh, Rakin.

Old 08-25-2018, 12:58 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,577,255 times
Quote:
I'd much rather have a disruptor like Trump than the smooth talking incompetent narcissist Obama or corrupt Clinton.

The corrupt system and media may take Trump down but they are being exposed for who they are and it ain't pretty.

Hard to believe today's Democrats encourage and accept so easily the corruption out of DC establishment. These were the "anti establishment" from 50 years ago.

Trump is heading to a point where he will soon be proven to be far more corrupt than any of his immediate predecessors. Most all his associates (business and administration) have already had their corruption exposed. Trump will follow.

Old 08-25-2018, 01:00 PM

18,046 posts, read 27,501,143 times
Quote:
What if instead of Trump, we actually required someone who was ethical, truly looking out for the interests of all Americans, rich and poor, no matter their skin color, religion, sexual persuasion or station in life? Someone who was well spoken and respectful instead of a mouth-breather and obsessive tweeter? A true statesman/woman instead of a flip-flopper showman? What if we actually required the sort of person with presidential qualities, leadership qualities rather than valuing how many dollars in their bank account, or in the bank accounts of those who bankroll them?

There are qualities we all hope will be evident in the politicians we elect to represent our interests, and applied, in the White House and Congress. Why instead do we end up with a POTUS like Trump who represents so much of the opposite? Or regardless how we feel about Trump, why can't we do better, far better in general? Even if we give Trump the benefit of the doubt, ignore the obvious criticisms (which I simply can't do), surely we can do better. Right?

Why is the bar getting lower and lower, and why can't we do better? More importantly, how do we do better?

These are the questions I keep asking myself as I read what is the news on a daily basis lately...

The new swamp...

"Here’s a look at some of the president’s inner circle who are working with prosecutors or facing significant prison time, and the risk they may pose to the president:"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...come-witnesses

I mean SURELY we can and should do better, right?
Waa! Not My Pwesident! Waa!

Thank You for laying all Y'alls house of cards out there this last week for us to see while they fall.

Old 08-25-2018, 01:05 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,558,302 times
There will never be a TRULY honest president sitting in office that has the best interest of all Americans at stake. The people of the U.S liked crooked people in office nor do they want/care for an honest politician in office. Not going to happen, EVER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies