Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 11:25 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You think the fact that he was working for years on Ken Starr's team or the Bush administration is only controversial to the left.

Listen, the left supports rbg....who publically denounced trump....or did we forget? And you think she is not bias against him?

Who cares if she apologized....

Old 09-07-2018, 11:37 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,439,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
A number of the Senate Democrats beclowned themselves thoroughly during their questioning of Kavanaugh. And then as if that wasn't bad enough, they also planned and coordinated a campaign of screaming fits in an effort to disrupt the hearings. They actually paid people to do this.

So far, over 200 people have been arrested, all supporters of the unhinged Democrat left.
Any supporters of the Democrat left who believe that this was not an appalling display by the people on your side, you should seriously consider getting psychiatric help. Seriously.
Which Democratic Senators were screaming ?

I was just watching an awesome mature American Senator Harris continue in her Mom voice to ask a 5 year old defiant wanna be Judge Kavenaugh a simple yes or no question when ..
...off in the distance some old white Republican senator loudly interjects objection that little Kavenaugh can't possibly remember talking to Donald trump attorneys / law firm when there are Sooo many law firms in Washington. Conspiracy much?

Mueller get all over that trump republican court jester now.

Old 09-07-2018, 11:55 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,737,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Because the entire intention of democrats is to delay, delay and delay. There's zero interest in sharing info or getting more info, the intention is to delay, delay and delay.
I'm a little late to this thread, and I don't usually get involved when I don't have time to read the entire thread before commenting, but no doubt I've read enough to see the usual comments made by the usual folks all singing the same old off-key tune that forever demonstrates how little most of us really cares to understand what is really going on around us. Obviously there is far more interest in the usual mud slinging nonsense.

Also because this possible Kavanaugh appointment is a bigger deal than most when it comes to what mark a POTUS can leave during their term, affecting Americans well past even a two-year term for presidents that manage to get re-elected, there aren't too many other threads about anything more important going on today...

I also don't know near what I wish I could about what is going on around us when it comes to politics in America, but one thing I know the Democrats are doing (with all due respect to the conservatives spouting off as usual in this thread) is as much as they can to demonstrate why Kavanaugh is a bad choice, for as long as possible, even though odds are strong he will be confirmed. Why? Because they want to add this to all the rest people need to consider when it comes time to re-elect Trump, and they want to make sure to demonstrate how important this is to people who don't think like Trump, so they don't make the mistake of sleeping at the wheel next time it comes to voting against Trumpism.

Again, what I think so many people are missing when it comes to passing judgement along these lines is that it's ALL about ideology, the ideological split that divides Americans, conservatives vs progressives. The issue of abortion right there front-and-center for anyone to understand what I mean.

Those who lean Religious Right Conservative lead the charge for a POTUS like Trump and legal interpretation a judge like Kavanaugh is on record to view more favorably, contrary to the Roe v Wade ruling/precedent. Less likely to promote gay rights or a woman's right to choose.

Opposed are those who simply lean the other way, more secular in terms of such issues, not determined by religious influence or certainly not as much anyway. Simple as that really, and anyone opposed who feels VERY strongly about the wrong in moving away from secularism and more toward religious influence as many fear Kavanaugh is more inclined have an interesting question to answer for themselves, as we all do when faced with the prospect of government doing wrong.

At what point is it right to protest wrong doing -- in whomever's opinion -- and to what extent if the idea is to make a difference? Not sure the right answer, but I do know that just about anyone on either side of this issue is more than willing to protest in no uncertain terms if/when they feel they are being wronged in no uncertain terms.

Nothing too unique or unAmerican about that...

Last edited by LearnMe; 09-07-2018 at 12:29 PM..

Old 09-07-2018, 11:57 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Then there is the fact that they are literally shoving this controversial guy through. The GOP was fine with not having enough justices for over a year. Ted Cruz said they did not even need another one.

But now--and we all know it is because of the mid-terms and to please the oaf in the oval office--it is of immediate concern! It has to be rushed--it is of major importance!
It's not rushed.

He's not controversial.

Elections have consequences.

Old 09-07-2018, 12:24 PM

1,743 posts, read 992,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

At what point is it right to protest wrong doing -- in whomever's opinion -- and to what extent if the idea is to make a difference? Not sure the right answer, but I do know that just about anyone on either side of this issue is more than willing to protest in no uncertain terms if/when they feel they are being wronged in no uncertain terms.

Nothing too unique or unAmerican about that...
THIS is not American!

In fact, it is Illegal!

Kavanaugh protestor receives cash.
Caught on camera.

The man handing money to the Kavanaugh hearing protester is Vinay Krishnan. Consultant/organizer at Center for Popular Democracy.

An Organization ON THE RECORD as have received funding from George Soros.
He locked his account this morning, but has now closed it. @vinayrkrishnan

https://twitter.com/search?q=vinayrkrishnan

Old 09-07-2018, 12:29 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It's not rushed.

He's not controversial.

Correct.
The left can just pipe down, and save their energy for the next time, when Ruth Ginsburg retires and a conservative is nominated. This time we are replacing a solid conservative with another solid conservative. If you think their behavior is bad now, wait until the next time.

Old 09-07-2018, 12:33 PM

29,552 posts, read 9,737,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
THIS is not American!

In fact, it is Illegal!

Kavanaugh protestor receives cash.
Caught on camera.

The man handing money to the Kavanaugh hearing protester is Vinay Krishnan. Consultant/organizer at Center for Popular Democracy.

An Organization ON THE RECORD as have received funding from George Soros.
He locked his account this morning, but has now closed it. @vinayrkrishnan

https://twitter.com/search?q=vinayrkrishnan
Not American, agreed as most people would like to believe...

Unique and illegal?

All I can say is that Watergate quickly comes to mind, and this in comparison is nothing compared to what "we've seen before" in terms of scope, consequence or high crime!

Wrong, nevertheless, of course and no one argues that fact, assuming the story is true of course and not another of these "fake news" deals that are now also part of the new normal in America...

Old 09-07-2018, 12:37 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,948 times
Mazie Hirono has to really be the stupidest Senator. Just last month she didn’t understand that illegal immigration is illegal and thought it was a Trump policy. An ICE official had to explain to her that the statute has existed for decades.

Old 09-07-2018, 12:38 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,282,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Which Democratic Senators were screaming ?

I was just watching an awesome mature American Senator Harris continue in her Mom voice to ask a 5 year old defiant wanna be Judge Kavenaugh a simple yes or no question when ..
...off in the distance some old white Republican senator loudly interjects objection that little Kavenaugh can't possibly remember talking to Donald trump attorneys / law firm when there are Sooo many law firms in Washington. Conspiracy much?

Mueller get all over that trump republican court jester now.
Thanks for making my day. I never laughed so hard as when I read “awesome mature American Senator Harris.”

She the exact opposite of what you describe.

Old 09-07-2018, 12:49 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,439,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It's not rushed.

He's not controversial.

So they do.
Will never happen again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies