Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 01:34 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,299,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
She's not a doctor of the law. How many people here do you think had to go look up the word exculpatory? I'm betting a lot.
Yeah--including the president.

"The Democrats are working hard to destroy a wonderful man ... with an array of False Acquisitions the likes of which have never been seen," Trump tweeted..."

Old 09-28-2018, 01:34 PM

1,874 posts, read 821,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Not a single person has said that. The money is only secondary, we all know this was politically motivated. Pretty much everyone on this side agrees that something happened to her, it just wasn't BK.
she doesn't need the go fund me money. I'm sure she has already been very well compensated.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:35 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,009,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Nothing wrong with being a moderate. Heck, I wish we were governed by moderates. This extreme party affiliation is ruining our country.
Yea, exactly. Can we please end the Get-Nothing-Done Two-Party System!

I always wonder if anything really gets done on behalf of the American People, or is everything so intertwined with phony disagreements, wink/wink agreements, broken promises, and outright lies to their constituents to keep them in the dark and allow these life-long politicians to accumulate immense wealth at the expense and ignorance of their hard-working, law-abiding citizens!

Last edited by Rumann Koch; 09-28-2018 at 02:42 PM..

11,011 posts, read 11,045,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Keep dreaming. Ford is the one who has been asking for an investigation, Kavanaugh is the one trying to avoid one.

And to everyone, just stop with the "He didn't have the right to ask for an investigation" line of BS. No, he couldn't demand one, but when he was asked over and over and over whether he *wanted* one, a simple yes would have sufficed. But he squirmed out of answering every single time - even cut off the question when it was addressed to his wife during the TV interview and wouldn't let her answer!
Yes, why didn't Kavanaugh just submit to what the people calling him a rapist were saying! I mean, really, what's so unreasonable about saying, yeah sure, you think I'm unfit, called me evil, and are not calling me a rapist, so of course, I'm going to agree with you. That's probably what you would call reasonable but most people do not.

Do any of you, really any of you at all remember this guy is also a lawyer?????? There is NO lawyer, none, that will ask to be investigated for a crime he didn't commit. NONE! So stop acting like you're being reasonable, you're not and you know it. Well, correction, if you don't, then that says something too.

8,725 posts, read 7,431,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Heitkamp and Manchin were possibilities already. As for mine, I expect Bob Casey will still be a 'no' vote. Corey 'I Can't Shut Up' Booker will never vote with a Republican on anything.

No business being on the Supreme Court? Yet Republicans went along with the "wise Latina", and she's less-qualified than he is. Kagan even more so.
Sotomayor has no business on the Court, she is horrible, and is the only one I ever disliked and thought not to be qualified for it.

20,803 posts, read 8,632,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This wasn't a trial. However, Ford's credible testimony could be enough to disqualify someone during a job interview, which is what this was.

Ford had no references, Kavanaugh had 65

2,818 posts, read 1,558,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
And if he's squeaky clean, will you be ok with him? I have a feeling I already know the answer.
The only reservation I would have is that he is clearly not non-partisan--made his hatred for Democrats fully known in fact--and a Supreme Court Justice cannot be so blatantly partisan. In any case, whatever happened to Merrick Garland? Oh right. The GOP stole his right to a hearing. You okay with THAT?

17,371 posts, read 11,338,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
And if new allegations come out and FBI wants more time for investigation, will that change your mind?
That seems to be the goal here. Keep asking for more investigations as more allegations are made. This game can be played indefinitely up until the 2020 elections. If Kavanaugh steps out of this because he finally gets sick and tired of it, the process starts all over again with allegations and investigations on anyone else that is nominated.

24,201 posts, read 19,267,008 times
Quote:
And if new allegations come out and FBI wants more time for investigation, will that change your mind?
Nope. If the FBI comes out and says we have absolute concrete proof he did it, they won't care. They will either say the FBI is lying and politically motivated or that what happened 30+ years ago doesn't matter or some other pathetic justification. The reality is they really don't care - a majority of GOPers have already admitted that even if he's guilty, it doesn't matter as long as they get their guy on the bench and a political "win." Zero integrity whatsoever, pretty much the entire party at this point. Getting close to zero humanity, actually.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:36 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,308,763 times
Quote:
There is zero chance by this stage that any legit accusations wouldn’t have already come out. So far the ensuing claims after Ford’s have all been debunked as hoaxes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies