Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 02:41 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Translation: don't impeach Trump, start a revolution.
If it was determined that the president was elected on the basis of fraud, what would you suggest should be done? Your answer should of course apply to a president of either party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
If Trump colluded with a foreign adversary, than none of his appointments should be valid. The next President could take normal steps to change policies and laws that Trump put in place.
If you're going to revoke his appointments, why wouldn't you also revoke his laws?

Old 08-29-2018, 02:45 PM

25,756 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
If it was determined that the president was elected on the basis of fraud, what would you suggest should be done? Your answer should of course apply to a president of either party.
Show me the proof of that and I'll be happy to discuss it. Your question is the same as asking what if a meteor hit earth. There is no proof that it will and no point of worrying about it.

If you think the voting machines were rigged, let's see the evidence. A bunch of tweets by Russian teens in their mom's basements is not fraud.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:48 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It's a great big world out there, snowflakes. Lots of people with lots of different opinions that don't have to match yours. Oddly, this is the first place I have heard about his "annulment" opinion. It's almost like right wingers are giving him some exposure where if they ignored him... well, nevermind. These are the same right wingers that watch CNN so they can call it "the worst." SMH
I actually agree with you for a change. I've said this quite a bit on Twitter, as well. Why do people give these morons any attention? Some of the most ridiculous claims have been made on social media, and the right bleats about them non stop. I'm sitting here thinking, "Why are you even paying attention to what they're saying? It's ridiculously absurd and they should be ignored for the idiots that they are. Giving them attention just fuels the fire for more fools to spout nonsense and try to get it to take hold.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Show me the proof of that and I'll be happy to discuss it. Your question is the same as asking what if a meteor hit earth. There is no proof that it will and no point of worrying about it.

If you think the voting machines were rigged, let's see the evidence. A bunch of tweets by Russian teens in their mom's basements is not fraud.
You're saying you're not capable of discussing a hypothetical? Ok, whatever.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:55 PM

1,239 posts, read 510,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
If you're going to revoke his appointments, why wouldn't you also revoke his laws?
I think it would be too complicated, and would cause issues with enforcement, and the like.

This is for a very specific situation though, so it's a complete hypothetical.

Ultimately, I'd like the Democrats to find a way to delay Kavanaugh. I think the parties should strike a deal, and hold off on Kavanaugh until the investigation is complete.

If Trump is guilty, then he doesn't get Kavanaugh or any future appointment, but Gorsuch is left as is.
If Trump is found not guilty, then even if Democrats have taken the house, they will allow Kavanaugh through.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:58 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Translation: don't impeach Trump, start a revolution.
Uhhh, no.

Old 08-29-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
I think it would be too complicated, and would cause issues with enforcement, and the like.

This is for a very specific situation though, so it's a complete hypothetical.

Ultimately, I'd like the Democrats to find a way to delay Kavanaugh. I think the parties should strike a deal, and hold off on Kavanaugh until the investigation is complete.

If Trump is guilty, then he doesn't get Kavanaugh or any future appointment, but Gorsuch is left as is.
If Trump is found not guilty, then even if Democrats have taken the house, they will allow Kavanaugh through.
Fair enough, that's all rational. Although my opinion is that all federal judges and judicial appointments elected by a fraudulently elected president should be revoked as well.

Old 08-29-2018, 03:09 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Wow! How pathetic. The righties are STILL talking about Obama. Really? I guess they still need to be Outraged about something even though their party controls the country. Sounds like they have too much time on their hands.
We're not done with Obama yet. He and his deep-state cabal will get their time infront of hearings sooner than you think!

Old 08-29-2018, 05:31 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
On the other hand, the constitution doesn't specify what shall be done in the case that it's determined that a president was elected on the basis of fraud.
Are you insinuating that President Trump elected fraudulently? How so? Just because YOU didn't vote for him, and your left-wing pals, doesn't mean he was elected fraudulently. And don't try to bring up the "Russian collusion" meme, because there has been no evidence found to date of any collusion on the part of Donald Trump, or his campaign with any Russian operatives for the purpose of affecting the outcome of the election.

But we do know that Hillary Clinton hired Christopher Steele, who, working with Russians (Fusion GPS, whom Bruce Ohr's wife just happened to be working for), created a phony "dossier." And Bruce Ohr continued to have contact, and receive information from Steele, even after the election. Steele was working with Comey's FBI to see to it that Trump was never elected, and has said he was "passionate that Trump not become President." (His own words)

So, it seems like all the "collusion" was on the part of the Democrats and Comey's FBI. They were all working to make sure Trump was never elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies