Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2018, 07:59 AM

18,472 posts, read 7,116,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Trump Warns of Violence if GOP Loses Midterm

This would not be the first time, if true. He threatened violence at the Republican National Convention.

I don't think I've ever seen a thread that so blatantly illustates just how many people will knee jerk comment on a post when they obviously haven't read the link in the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 08:01 AM

18,472 posts, read 7,116,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Some of you folks are either blind or delusional. WHEN, EXACTLY, have you ever seen conservatives riot or respond with violence after an election. Those are tactics of the LEFT. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Rep X 10

Old 08-29-2018, 08:03 AM

8,446 posts, read 4,765,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Seriously? The President of the United States is saying there will be violence if his party loses the midterms? I can't believe that there are still people supporting this idiot.

Who else should they support, specifically?

Old 08-29-2018, 08:04 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
His message is that you will avoid violence & death if you vote for the Republican party.

In short: "Vote for GOP or die. Final warning".

Of is he signalling the alt-right to take it to the streets if the Republican party loses. "Taken 'em out boys. Blame Antifa".

Old 08-29-2018, 08:08 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,364,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
His message is that you will avoid violence & death if you vote for the Republican party.

I think I saw that bumpersnicker in northern Idaho.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:09 AM

52,790 posts, read 34,663,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Obama declared, '“a personal insult, an insult to my legacy†if Hillary is not elected

" “All the progress that we’ve made over the last eight years, all the progress we hope to make over the next eight years — all of that goes out the window if we don’t win this election.â€

Then in Athens he said the election loss was not a referendum on his legacy. Obama warned there would be violence if Hillary lost.
thanks for resurrecting that quote. leftists had no problem with that one.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:12 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,685,905 times
I don't see him as "inciting" violence per se. It's more like he's inciting fear in his base. He basically says that if the democrats win, they are going to overturn any progress that the GOP has made on their behalf. What that is, I'm not sure of. However, he repeats twice that they are going to use "violence" to overturn it. Now, how you do that, I don't know. But the rationality of his statement makes no difference to his followers. He puts an image in their heads of Democratic wins in Congress and Antifa thugs marching into DC to beat someone into overturning some imaginary legislation? None of it makes a darn bit of sense, but it doesn't have to. You've just got to be a suggestible type of person to listen to Trump and buy into the fear. And who better than the Evangelicals to target as being suggestible. Those top leaders in that room are masters of controlling large groups of people an stoking them up to get money.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:15 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,709,014 times
Wait a second, in that article it reads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNN
(Trump) pleaded with evangelical leaders for political help during closed-door remarks on Monday
Hold the phone here. What exactly are these religious leaders supposed to do? They certainly aren't going to go back to their tax-exempt churches and convince people to vote for Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRS
The prohibition against political campaign activity has been in effect for more than half a century and bars certain tax-exempt organizations from engaging on behalf of or in opposition to political candidates.
When you already have a class people that merely believe what they are told, it is quite dangerous to then allow religious leaders to meet with the President and ask their help for at the polls. No wonder "religious freedom" is equated with conservatism.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:15 AM

52,790 posts, read 34,663,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

Of is he signalling the alt-right to take it to the streets if the Republican party loses. "Taken 'em out boys. Blame Antifa".
where are the parts about death and dying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trump
"It's not a question of like or dislike, it's a question that they will overturn everything that we've done and they will do it quickly and violently. And violently. There is violence. When you look at Antifa -- these are violent people," Trump said, describing what would happen should his voters fail to cast ballots."
ah, that's right. you made them up.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:17 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,044,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Copied from the article.

This November 6 election is very much a referendum on not only me, it's a referendum on your religion, it's a referendum on free speech and the First Amendment. It's a referendum on so much," Trump told the assemblage of pastors and other Christian leaders gathered in the State Dining Room, according to a recording from people in the room.
CNN just released the recording in their website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies