Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 11:51 AM

10,473 posts, read 4,042,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...y-staff-2018-8

Take a long look at the photograph and pray for this country.
Uh-oh, you better file freedom of speech infringement lawsuits on every single strip club in the country because one of the biggest rules is no photography. No photography either at election poll sites.

But wait, freedom of speech protects you from being punished by the government for "saying" whatever you want to say. But it doesn't protect you from recording other people who did not give you the consent to record them. In fact, many laws are on the books that could make it a felony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 11:53 AM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Uh-oh, you better file freedom of speech infringement lawsuits on every single strip club in the country because one of the biggest rules is no photography. No photography either at election poll sites.

But wait, freedom of speech protects you from being punished by the government for "saying" whatever you want to say. But it doesn't protect you from recording other people who did not give you the consent to record them. In fact, many laws are on the books that could make it a felony.
It was at a Trump rally. A "public" event where the press were issued coverage credentials.

Old 08-31-2018, 11:53 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Quote:
To me it indicated Mr. Hands was working under the direction and for the benefit of President's event. (i.e. not some schmo showing up at the door to attend)

BTW - Having been a volunteer for any number of organizations I can clearly tell you the lack of monetary compensation and having volunteer status doesn't make you any less responsible for your actions as a representative of the organization.
Fair, everyone is always responsible for their own actions, but again this could be his version of protest as well, if he doesn't like the actions of the protester, does he not have the right to counter it?

Old 08-31-2018, 12:03 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Fair, everyone is always responsible for their own actions, but again this could be his version of protest as well, if he doesn't like the actions of the protester, does he not have the right to counter it?
Sure, but along with that comes the exposure to criticism that those working for Trump will actively suppress media coverage and outright work to circumvent the 1st amendment. That was my entire point of the thread.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:04 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,691,252 times
I have often wondered where all the protesters are. All I see on TV is Trump addressing his brainwashed faithful. Why don't 50 people get together and protest inside the event? Somebody is working very hard to control the media access to those rallies.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:04 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
To me it indicated Mr. Hands was working under the direction and for the benefit of President's event. (i.e. not some schmo showing up at the door to attend)

BTW - Having been a volunteer for any number of organizations I can clearly tell you the lack of monetary compensation and having volunteer status doesn't make you any less responsible for your actions as a representative of the organization.
Trump's hands were too small to cover the lens so he had this guy do it for him. No big deal.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:05 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,691,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
No, he does not.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:06 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
No, he does not.
Interesting, why not? I mean you are basically saying that by volunteering he's lost his freedom of speech? Sounds like a great case for the SCOTUS unless its already been in front of them, I'm not 100% up to speed on the history of SCOTUS cases.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:22 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
What does the Second amendment have to do with the First in this case?

Is the OP advocating for violence? Is he saying that if the media is blocked from their First amendment right that they should force the issue with a gun?

Trump is right that if one person or a small group is protesting at one of his rallies amidst a crowd of thousands that are supporting him, the media will only report on the protesters.

Trump is right that the main stream media is his enemy because they have shown how they are willing to go beyond the story, beyond the facts to push the Leftist agenda to denounce and bring down Trump.

It is not Trump that is sinking to low levels but it is the heavily biased media.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:40 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I pray for this country because we have a major politcal party shutting down our government on behalf of illegals.

I pray for this country because that same party colluded with the media to rig a presidential debate.

I pray for this country because representatives of that party were caught talking about sending operatives to their opponent's speeches to perpetrate violence.

I pray for this country because a crazed member of that party shot the majority whip and four others.

I pray for this country because the pro-illegal, anti-law rhetoric of that party convinced an illegal to try an assassination attempt.

I pray for this country because members of that party routinely dress in black and commit violence in the streets.

I pray for this country because members of that party working for the media have tried to overturn the results of an election with a bogus story about a "collusion" that no one can define.

I pray for this country because rouge members of that party working for the FBI openly talked about overturning an election. One of those agents was the lead investigator on the phony collusion story.

Want to guess which party I am taking about?

Finally, I pray for this country because people like yourself are totally brainwashed, and do not understand who the bad guys are, probably because your communist professor or favorite celebrity told you what to think.

And I pray for this country because of brain washed cultist like you who think your dear leader is above all laws and reproach. Who think it is ok to bully anyone who doesn't bow down to his highness. This I pray.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies