Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 05:25 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
LOL muslims fight war per their religious commands. And yes Christians have been nicer in war for centuries now with few exceptions, tending to only attack other combatants as much as possible. What, do you have a defend islam rolodex or something?
I disagree with that premise anyway, but at the time the Qur'an was written, you think Christians were fighting nicely? The Crusades were 'nice'? LOL

Being educated does not make me an apologist for anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 05:28 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
I don't want masses of foreign people brought here by mass, globalized immigration changing our culture under government protection and encouragement. If the US had no immigration particularly from the most divergent and incompatible cultures, then cultural changes would be by the people and more organic and acceptable.
Jews are not storming our borders, but they do demand Kosher meat. Which is the same as Halal.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:29 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I disagree with that premise anyway, but at the time the Qur'an was written, you think Christians were fighting nicely? The Crusades were 'nice'? LOL

Being educated does not make me an apologist for anything.
You realize muslims invaded and occupied Christian lands and even Europe first, don't you? You are an apologist for islam.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:30 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
I don't want masses of foreign people brought here by mass, globalized immigration changing our culture under government protection and encouragement. If the US had no immigration particularly from the most divergent and incompatible cultures, then cultural changes would be by the people and more organic and acceptable.
Ahhh, the separatist ... your ancestors as well as my ancestors were foreign to this continent too once. We can not have one law for one group of people and a different law for everyone else.

It doesn't matter if they are new the past few days into country or if we have been Americans for the past several hundred years. If we continue to allow government to have the power to make our choices for us at some point we cease to be free.

Our culture changes have always been organic. Even in the way we bury our dead comes from the ancient civilization and have carried over into modern times.

We are people before we are of God, or country.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Jews are not storming our borders, but they do demand Kosher meat. Which is the same as Halal.
Key words. And Jews aren't storming my neighborhoods. If they are, I sure don't notice them so they have no discernable effect, but I sure notice the eye sore and ear sore of muslims and notice the halal meat on the shelves.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:36 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domat View Post
from the link in OP

"Halton regional police say the cow appeared to be dead at the time of the events shown in the video, contrary to what many people asserted after viewing it."
Manufactured outrage.....

Old 09-03-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Ahhh, the separatist ... your ancestors as well as my ancestors were foreign to this continent too once. We can not have one law for one group of people and a different law for everyone else.
Everyone's ancestors were once foreign to the American continent. That's not here nor there. My ancestors were never foreign in the least bit to America the country. They mostly came speaking the same language, with the same culture and already subjects/citizens. It would be like moving to the UK or Hawaii and not so foreign at all. Even if I moved anywhere in NW Europe I wouldn't be so foreign.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:46 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
All based upon a fallacious posting in the first place.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/08/...deo-in-milton/

Firstly:
“I know that some people had thought the animal was alive but if you look closely at the video the head movement of the animal is caused by the horns kind of digging into the ground and making the head appear to be moving when in fact that animal is clearly dead,” says Davies.

Secondly; regardless of religion involved it is being investigated and will be prosecuted if found to be against legal practice.
“The Ministry of Agriculture immediately launched an investigation into this video. Our government for the people is committed to protecting animals and ensuring food safety.The Ministry has been speaking with investigative bodies regarding the incident, and will have more to say following the results of the investigation.”

Halton Police say under current regulations, a slaughter can only occur at a slaughterhouse and they are currently investigating where this incident took place.

So the cow was deemed to be dead before skinning by police review of the video BUT regardless, an investigation is being done and there will be a determination if charges should be laid pursuant to laws broken.

Summation; in spite of the "anti agenda" of wishing it to be so; there is no overlooking of anything illegal or inhumane due to the religion of the adherents involved.

Old 09-03-2018, 06:17 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
That’s heartbreaking. What was the reason for skinning it alive?
They couldn’t find any gays....

Old 09-03-2018, 06:20 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
If they weren't Muslim, they'd be facing animal cruelty charges.
Yeah, where’s all the Hollywood vegans?
Crickets.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies