Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If the Anonymous Op Ed Proves True, Should Trump Be Forced Out?
Yes, absolutely! 137 55.02%
Heck no! 112 44.98%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 04:30 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,302,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The Times could just be using "he" to give the source some cover so Trump does fire all the women around him.
Yeah, the reference to he means little with regards to identifying the person, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

23,795 posts, read 13,301,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
My money is on Pence.
I was thinking Kelly. Remember how Kelly went from being a mature respected military guy to being looked at as a Trump flunky who was lying? He lost a lot of stature and respect.

Maybe it is part of the act. Pretend he is so loyal to Trump that he would give up his integrity and the real reason was to stay in good with Trump so he could keep working for the good of the country. An actual patriot?

1,702 posts, read 1,923,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
It might be Jeff Sessions....
Yeah... as much as I like to hate on Sessions he is a possibility. Other than that my moneys on the generals. The rest of them are just as sleazy as Trump.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There's no "insider".

The NYT made it up.
lol, you’re not even trying at this point.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:32 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,922,382 times
Same old tune from the Trump supporters they're scrambling to label it fake news, it's sad and pitiful to watch actually. Come on you know this one rings true.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I was thinking Kelly. Remember how Kelly went from being a mature respected military guy to being looked at as a Trump flunky who was lying? He lost a lot of stature and respect.

Maybe it is part of the act. Pretend he is so loyal to Trump that he would give up his integrity and the real reason was to stay in good with Trump so he could keep working for the good of the country. An actual patriot?
Interesting. A definite possibility.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:33 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,870,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
What’s fishy to me is — why the NYT then?
He is just preaching to the choir. If he is really a senior WH republican who is that worried, you’d
go to FOX, WSJ or a conservative outlet to let the people of consequence know, not a bunch of elitist liberals.

You do know that Fox News would protect trump, don't you? For Fox News, it would be a catch and kill story.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:34 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,249,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
There is absolutely no evidence that this was written by a senior White House official.

That's why they call it "anonymous".
Quote:
The Times today is taking the rare step of publishing an anonymous Op-Ed essay. We have done so at the request of the author, a senior official in the Trump administration whose identity is known to us and whose job would be jeopardized by its disclosure. We believe publishing this essay anonymously is the only way to deliver an important perspective to our readers. We invite you to submit a question about the essay or our vetting process here.
I mean, it's only the first thing you read.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:35 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,809,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Do try to let your brain absorb the fact that there is no evidence that this was written by a "senior White House official".

That's the beauty of anonymity..... you can claim to be anyone you want.....

https://youtu.be/T-2_PXzzLJo
Evidence and trust are different things.

Any evidence who this was is at the NYT.

Now it is up to readers to decide if they trust the NYT to have seen ample evidence before publishing.

Despite Trump's efforts, or actually because of his efforts, I personally trust the NYT more.

Who do Trump supporters trust?

Old 09-05-2018, 04:36 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,301,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The Times could just be using "he" to give the source some cover so Trump does fire all the women around him.
There aren't a whole lot of senior officials who are women. It definitely wasn't Conway or Princess Ivanka. Elaine Chao? I don't think so. Betsy Devos? No way. Be Best Melania? She doesn't care--do you?

There really aren't a lot of women around him. I think it's a guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies