Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel that there is more anti-White sentiment among liberals/Democrats than there was 5 or 10
Yes 111 73.03%
No 41 26.97%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 10:13 PM

34,094 posts, read 17,157,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I'm not going to apologize for being white or being part of the Western cultural tradition which created this country just as I will not apologize for being gay or having an Asian husband, who btw is becoming a US citizen this month after our 5 year process.

My spouse has adopted to this country, understanding that that equals success and that this country is great. He and we retain his culture at home via food and holidays, but he has assimilated and adopted American norms.

People are sick to death of mainstream American culture being denigrated over and over. No, America is not evil, in fact it's the greatest gift the world has ever seen.

Wonderful post.

Spot On.

I abhor Identity Politics.

Being American is a wonderful identity which is mocked when another word precedes it with a hyphen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 10:16 PM

21,991 posts, read 15,743,872 times
This is the silliest supposition I've seen in a while. Every Democratic president we've ever had except one has been white. Every Democratic nominee except one has been white. Every Democratic Vice President or VP nominee has been white. I'm white. I live in a very liberal city in a liberal state that is very white. The idea that whites are somehow persecuted or that Democrats oppose whites (I oppose myself?!) is completely ridiculous.

This whole meme is being driven by the Republican party in an attempt to somehow stoke the anger that started because Republicans were outraged that the country elected Barack Obama. On day two of his inaugural, they started the "Democrats are racist against whites!" lie. And that's what it is - a lie promoted by Trump and his supporters. Trump was the guy obsessed with Obama's birth certificate because he was certain Obama couldn't be American, he had to be Kenyan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
about nine years ago with the obama phone, it went downhill over night
Thank you for confirming exactly what I said.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:18 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,894,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
You have to consider that these posters are most likely white supremacists so they take it all personally. They have no understanding that other white people do NOT think like them. Very sad.
So do you think all white people are morally inferior or just all the white people who don't think like you?

I take it personally because the left disparages one particular race only that I'm a member of and then claims to be anti-racist. The left is attacking me personally.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:19 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,104,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
But according to the left a "white supremacist" is anyone who doesn't accept the narrative that whites are morally inferior .
You’re not going to straw-man your way out of this; your logic is flawed and baseless.

Where, prey-do-tell, are you getting this narrative?

Old 09-07-2018, 10:21 PM

Quote:
So do you think all white people are morally inferior or just all the white people who don't think like you?

I take it personally because the left disparages one particular race only that I'm a member of and then claims to be anti-racist. The left is attacking me personally.
Attacking one’s morality hardly signifies an attack on one’s entire race.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
You’re not going to straw-man your way out of this; your logic is flawed and baseless.

Where, prey-do-tell, are you getting this narrative?
It's the democrat's constant narrative. It's like you're trying to deny the sun rises in the east haha.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:
It's the democrat's constant narrative. It's like you're trying to deny the sun rises in the east haha.
You’re the only one parroting this narrative.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:24 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,360,627 times
Being "persecuted" (vs just being used as a convenient scapegoat) are two entirely different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Education is important. Your response here makes that clear.
Just as is "education" vs. indoctrination.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Attacking one’s morality hardly signifies an attack on one’s entire race.
But you leftist don't limit to attacking someone's morality, you attack the morality of whites and blame them for everything.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:25 PM

21,991 posts, read 15,743,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Being "persecuted" (vs just being used as a convenient scapegoat) are two entirely different things.
Trump supporters are obsessed with white victimhood. It's embarrassing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies