Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2018, 04:54 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,606,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Those individuals do not represent Christ nor Christianity. If you can give me a quote from Christ himself demanding anyone to be killed or harmed and not loved, then it may be perhaps justified. Of course you cannot find any so nice try.
Can you give us a quote from Christ himself demanding that non-believers be punished by the state?

Old 09-11-2018, 04:54 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,732,072 times
Quote:
Those individuals do not represent Christ nor Christianity. If you can give me a quote from Christ himself demanding anyone to be killed or harmed and not loved, then it may be perhaps justified. Of course you cannot find any so nice try.
Curious here....if Muslims say that the extremists don't represent *their* religion, do you cut them the same slack that you just cut all Christians in regards to those who have done harm in the name of Christianity?

Old 09-11-2018, 05:03 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,288,817 times
Quote:
Shouldn’t a religious institution be revoked its tax exemption and even perhaps be banned or not protected under the First Amendment for spreading violence, hatred or spread messages that homosexuality, apostasy, adultery, etc. carries death penalty and encourage its adherents to blow themselves up or kill somebody because of what is written in the Islamic and Jewish scriptures? I think it’s absurd and quite threatening.

Many Muslims and religious Jews spread violence and/or hatred to our societies which is incompatible especially in the 21st Century and the Western world.

Why should the American government give those synagogues and mosques tax exemption when they show hate and violence?!

you can't tax freedom of speech

why should the government tax something that is money already taxed?.........if I give $1,000 that I already paid taxes to my local church for charity then why should the government tax that money again?...isn't that double taxation? or should all money that exchanges hands be taxed regardless if that tax already has been collected?

Except for the extreme Jihadists...most religions in the world have no power...they don't control a country or a government and don't even have an army to impose their will on other people and countries by force...........so why are you so worried about?

Old 09-11-2018, 05:07 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,155,425 times
Quote:
Shouldn’t a religious institution be revoked its tax exemption and even perhaps be banned or not protected under the First Amendment for spreading violence, hatred or spread messages that homosexuality, apostasy, adultery, etc. carries death penalty and encourage its adherents to blow themselves up or kill somebody because of what is written in the Islamic and Jewish scriptures? I think it’s absurd and quite threatening. Many Muslims and religious Jews spread violence and/or hatred to our societies which is incompatible especially in the 21st Century and the Western world.
Why should the American government give those synagogues and mosques tax exemption when they show hate and violence?!
Well, you're ignoring all kinds of points - Christianity has certainly been violent, America has enshrined religious freedom as a basic right, and I'm not aware of any Jews spreading violence in America (I'll assume that's a fantasy inspired by your supremacist newsfeed).

But, apart from that, what I always wonder is why any religious groups get exemptions at all.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:12 PM

1,261 posts, read 570,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Can you give us a quote from Christ himself demanding that non-believers be punished by the state?
I never said non-believers. I said a religion or belief system that shows/spreads violence and hatred should be banned.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:13 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,710,233 times
Quote:
Shouldn’t a religious institution be revoked its tax exemption and even perhaps be banned or not protected under the First Amendment for spreading violence, hatred or spread messages that homosexuality, apostasy, adultery, etc. carries death penalty and encourage its adherents to blow themselves up or kill somebody because of what is written in the Islamic and Jewish scriptures? I think it’s absurd and quite threatening.

Many Muslims and religious Jews spread violence and/or hatred to our societies which is incompatible especially in the 21st Century and the Western world.

Power.
No other reason. Just like corporations and the very rich get breaks...so does any religion that has some decent power.

If you don't have power...well, the state will align against you....

I know I'll take some krap for this, but I think China has it right with no putting up with Islam or Christians or any religion that is on the way to fundie. Organized, in other words.

Reason and logic must dictate our future. Inside your head...anything goes...but don't ask me to pay for it.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:14 PM

1,261 posts, read 570,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Curious here....if Muslims say that the extremists don't represent *their* religion, do you cut them the same slack that you just cut all Christians in regards to those who have done harm in the name of Christianity?
Muhammad himself (of which Muslims admire and die for this beloved so-called prophet) murdered, raped and conquered people. The Koran and the Sunnah demands homosexuals, adultery, etc. etc. to be killed and certain people to be beheaded. Thankfully most Muslims don’t follow or believe in this otherwise we would be in big trouble. ISIS represents true Islam. Please read the Quran and the Sunnah.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:15 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,710,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
you can't tax freedom of speech

Except for the extreme Jihadists...most religions in the world have no power...they don't control a country or a government and don't even have an army to impose their will on other people and countries by force...........so why are you so worried about?
WRONG.....
Christians largely control the USA Security State.
Hindus largely control the Indian Security State.

MANY sects of Islam control MANY other states...

Even Putin governs under the "fake" ideals of Ortrodox Christianity.

Israel has lots of nukes under "jihadist" control.....

How very wrong you are!

Old 09-11-2018, 05:16 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,837,751 times
Quote:

In the US, evangelical Christians are far more hostile to the LGBT community than Muslims are. American Muslims tend to be of the more moderate variety. Radical Islamism is more common in the Middle East.

If any religious group needs its tax exempt status revoked, its the Southern Baptist Convention and it's numerous offshoots that make up the Christian Right or "white evangelicalism". These days white evangelicalism is a political movement masquerading as a religion. Trump is their deity and their agenda is nothing short of forced conformity with a set of cultural norms they get to dictate. It's time to de-fang that beast.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:17 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,639,366 times
Quote:

Just to spite you the government should give homosexuals, apostates and adulterers tax exemptions.

God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.