Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 05:18 PM

1,261 posts, read 572,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
and I'm not aware of any Jews spreading violence in America (I'll assume that's a fantasy inspired by your supremacist newsfeed)..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5wk21I9nCro

Old 09-11-2018, 05:18 PM

20,944 posts, read 8,735,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Muhammad himself (of which Muslims admire and die for this beloved so-called prophet) murdered, raped and conquered people. The Koran and the Sunnah demands homosexuals, adultery, etc. etc. to be killed and certain people to be beheaded. Thankfully most Muslims don’t follow or believe in this otherwise we would be in big trouble. ISIS represents true Islam. Please read the Quran and the Sunnah.
What did that song I sang in Church in Military School mean?

Onward Christian Soldiers?

Why would they choose that for our military school chapel? We certainly had nothing to do with peace or missionaries.....

Old 09-11-2018, 05:20 PM

435 posts, read 177,216 times
Quote:
Those individuals do not represent Christ nor Christianity. If you can give me a quote from Christ himself demanding anyone to be killed or harmed and not loved, then it may be perhaps justified. Of course you cannot find any so nice try.
Isn't Christ god and god Christ? Didn't god flood the world killing almost everything in it? Didn't he destroy entire cities? Doesn't he punish people with eternal torture? Doesn't sound very loving to me

Old 09-11-2018, 05:21 PM

68,379 posts, read 54,631,683 times
Quote:
Muhammad himself (of which Muslims admire and die for this beloved so-called prophet) murdered, raped and conquered people. The Koran and the Sunnah demands homosexuals, adultery, etc. etc. to be killed and certain people to be beheaded. Thankfully most Muslims don’t follow or believe in this otherwise we would be in big trouble. ISIS represents true Islam. Please read the Quran and the Sunnah.

And that's different than the Old Testament how?

And then there's: Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. _____ Matthew 5:17

Old 09-11-2018, 05:23 PM

27,306 posts, read 16,284,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Christians thrive on hating other religions and homosexuals, etc. What about them?
They don’t actively go out and throw gays off of buildings or hang them but thanks for playing..

Old 09-11-2018, 05:23 PM

4,804 posts, read 2,826,405 times
Default Too scattershot

Quote:
Shouldn’t a religious institution be revoked its tax exemption and even perhaps be banned or not protected under the First Amendment for spreading violence, hatred or spread messages that homosexuality, apostasy, adultery, etc. carries death penalty and encourage its adherents to blow themselves up or kill somebody because of what is written in the Islamic and Jewish scriptures? I think it’s absurd and quite threatening.

Many Muslims and religious Jews spread violence and/or hatred to our societies which is incompatible especially in the 21st Century and the Western world.

Why should the American government give those synagogues and mosques tax exemption when they show hate and violence?!
First of all, you'd have to rewrite the Constitution & then the federal tax law, & probably the state constitutions & tax laws as well. I'm not sure all that would be worth the effort.

If someone goes on a rampage due to religious reasons, the secular laws, law enforcement & courts are sufficient to detain, arrest & prosecute the perpetrator. Going down the other path would be very controversial, & I'm not sure it would even serve the stated purpose.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:24 PM

435 posts, read 177,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
They don’t actively go out and throw gays off of buildings or hang them but thanks for playing..
In Africa they do

Old 09-11-2018, 05:27 PM

20,944 posts, read 8,735,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
First of all, you'd have to rewrite the Constitution & then the federal tax law, & probably the state constitutions & tax laws as well. I'm not sure all that would be worth the effort.

If someone goes on a rampage due to religious reasons, the secular laws, law enforcement & courts are sufficient to detain, arrest & prosecute the perpetrator. Going down the other path would be very controversial, & I'm not sure it would even serve the stated purpose.
The constitution has absolutely nothing to do with allowing charitable tax deductions or exempting religions from paying full property taxes or other taxes as if they were a business or anything else.

It doesn't say Osteen should be able to deduct a private jet.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:32 PM

37,492 posts, read 19,377,610 times
Quote:
Shouldn’t a religious institution be revoked its tax exemption and even perhaps be banned or not protected under the First Amendment for spreading violence, hatred or spread messages that homosexuality, apostasy, adultery, etc. carries death penalty and encourage its adherents to blow themselves up or kill somebody because of what is written in the Islamic and Jewish scriptures? I think it’s absurd and quite threatening.

Many Muslims and religious Jews spread violence and/or hatred to our societies which is incompatible especially in the 21st Century and the Western world.

Why should the American government give those synagogues and mosques tax exemption when they show hate and violence?!
All churches should be taxed. Period. Those who preach politics should be taxed at a double rate.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:34 PM

37,492 posts, read 19,377,610 times
Quote:
Nothing bad has been done in the name of Christianity as it cannot be justified in the name of Christ. What happened during the crusades 1000 years ago was to protect Christians from being brutally murdered by the Muslims there was no other choice but to defend.
They rode all the way across Europe to defend themselves? Cool theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies