Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 08:09 AM

3,085 posts, read 1,554,763 times

Advertisements

Ongoing security issue
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.ea716b6e5418
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 08:25 AM

21,172 posts, read 19,774,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Man Infiltrates Sunspot,NM: Finds X-files Unrestricted Access DVD Laying Out Prominently In One of the Buildings

https://beforeitsnews.com/v3/alterna...8/3636797.html

The video is outright eerie. Nobody was there, not even a security guard. The only thing moving was a small drone he spotted overhead. Who was controlling that drone is unknown. Maybe the most bizarre moment, albeit in a coincidental way, is when he spots an X-files: Unrestricted Access DVD laying out prominently in one of the buildings.
At 3:45, rotate screen 90 degrees to the right and tell me if you don’t see:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Alien_head.jpg

Old 09-15-2018, 10:43 AM

15,542 posts, read 10,527,165 times
https://www.alamogordonews.com/story...su/1296835002/

still saying an unknown security risk

Old 09-15-2018, 11:01 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,221,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Here are the people on staff at the National Solar Observatory. See any likely looking nefarious people. I don't trust that woman with the blue hair. She's got to be up to something.

https://www.nso.edu/about/staff/

One of those women looks like a vampire!

I don't trust any of the ones with the sun as their picture. Especially the two with no picture.

Oh, I know, it's the guy in the Red Sox cap!

Old 09-15-2018, 12:04 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,637,760 times
Quote:
Man Infiltrates Sunspot,NM: Finds X-files Unrestricted Access DVD Laying Out Prominently In One of the Buildings

The video is outright eerie. Nobody was there, not even a security guard. The only thing moving was a small drone he spotted overhead. Who was controlling that drone is unknown. Maybe the most bizarre moment, albeit in a coincidental way, is when he spots an X-files: Unrestricted Access DVD laying out prominently in one of the buildings.
My mother in law and I "infiltrated" Sunspot several years ago. No yellow tape, of course. It's really remote and we had the grounds to ourselves as well. The observatory was open and there was a guy in there monitoring it, and we got to see what the telescope was seeing. As for the empty buildings on the video, they've probably been empty for years.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:10 PM

78,546 posts, read 60,737,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
One only has to look at the history, and ongoing activity at this facility to have an understanding of it's importance in the world.
My guess is, the computers system was hacked, or compromised in some way,and that is why the fbi is involved.
The reason for the blackhawk is more than likely to remove all data files from the facility.
Evacuating the area is the first important step in securing the facility.
As for the post office also being closed, my guess would be, it handles some of the communication between the observatory, and other agencies involved with the observatory.

Bob.
The hole in that theory would be why they'd also close the post office and some houses as well? That would make little sense in the case of hacking.

If you remember the anthrax letters from over a decade ago, the actions taken here are very similar.

Close off the site, close off the the post off it came through etc. etc.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Whatever it is/was, they do not want the public to know anything about it.
Agreed. Since it's likely a criminal investigation that would be normal.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:18 PM

2,464 posts, read 2,488,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The hole in that theory would be why they'd also close the post office and some houses as well? That would make little sense in the case of hacking.

If you remember the anthrax letters from over a decade ago, the actions taken here are very similar.

Close off the site, close off the the post off it came through etc. etc.

Could have something to do with the hantavirus. It occurs naturally in that area. Far-fetched, but so is everything else so far.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:58 PM

7,339 posts, read 2,746,431 times
Quote:

Doesn't "unrestricted access" mean it is available for anyone to see?

Old 09-15-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Could have something to do with the hantavirus. It occurs naturally in that area. Far-fetched, but so is everything else so far.
Only if it were weaponized so I doubt it.

Here is what we know:

1) FBI is there so we know it's criminal (plus tight lipped so ongoing investigation)
2) Multiple buildings closed which means it's not limited to the solar facility.
3) Indefinitely closed. Even murder scenes etc. are open for business pretty soon. To me, this says contamination of some sort.

Given all of that, this thing completely reminds me of the anthrax mailings.

That's my logic, that's my conclusion....but I'm wrong all the time LMAO....so let's see how this unfolds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies