Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 09:28 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I'm in the industry. It's reality. I'm sorry if you like sunshine blown up your posterior instead of facts, but it is what it is. I'm hardly rooting for failure, as it's how I make my living.
I know plenty of deep blue Democrats who work for oil companies. It's like Rush working for the NPR. What must be a day at work be like? Miserable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 09:28 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Name calling simply means you don't have argument to what was said. But it might mean you are an angry unhappy Democrat. hahaThat's the "I'm smarter than you so I'm right" argument. It doesn't work either.
How about, it's my business to know, and you're a keyboard jockey? Does that argument work?

https://www.investmentu.com/article/...p#.W5qB-pWWyUk

Old 09-13-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I know plenty of deep blue Democrats who work for oil companies. It's like Rush working for the NPR. What must be a day at work be like? Miserable.
I love my job, and the people I work with are some of the best I know, and I count them among my closest friends. I don't usually pick associates by party affiliation, but by character. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:32 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
How about, it's my business to know, and you're a keyboard jockey? Does that argument work?
More name calling and patting yourself on the back. And yet you still can't address the simple premise.

No $10 gas & shortages.

Obama was wrong, Palin was right. Get back to us when you can address it.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:33 AM

I'm not meaning to disrupt the thread.
It's great for the country that we're producing more. Internal pipelines continue to be an issue, but will be overcome, and that's where government really can help. My only comment was meant to be, don't get used to the top seat, and like all things in the business, things change, and it doesn't necessarily mean good or bad, just change.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
More name calling and patting yourself on the back. And yet you still can't address the simple premise.

No $10 gas & shortages.

Palin is a moron, and Obama was wrong because the policy was killed. I never argued it. Whether Obama is right long term is moot, unless we have what could have been preventable climate change. I'm not stepping into that mess of a discussion.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:36 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Since 2007? So Bush gets the credit.
Yes, if you knew all the redtape that is involved in getting a well drilled and pumping.
It was 7 years for one of the wells and 2 years to refrack an old well that had not pumped since the 80's.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:51 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
The more expensive oil gets, the more the USA and Canada produce...it's a simple formula because we cannot produce at low cost.

Good news for the US Oil patches, bad news for consumers. Take your pick.

Also, current production does come with more pollution as the wells are generally smaller and involved more fracking chemicals, etc.....

Lastly, much of this oil we produce is transported, refined, etc. here (more pollution) and then exported. To my knowledge there is no policy that makes our oil "our oil". I've been in the energy biz for almost 40 years but don't keep up as much since I am out of the day to day...so if I am wrong about that last fact, someone please let me know.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Considering that the biggest oil barons in history were Rockefellers (who were, by the standards of today, extremely progressive, liberal and democratic), that's an interesting slant.

The Rockefeller foundation has done more for the people of this country than most other orgs...and mostly for the ignorant South (eradicated hookworm, pellagra and much more).

On the other hand, we have right wing oil barons, mostly from TX, who started and financed the entire far right wing. This just didn't exist until these billionaires "created it" from thin air. The Hunt brothers and many of the famous far-right rags were financed and started by these particular warmongers. They are depicted in the movie Nixon (making sure he kept us at war) and in the book "The Big Rich"....

These people were not driven by the ideals of what we call freedom. They wanted two main freedoms....

1. The freedom to grab land, pollute and do exactly as they pleased.
2. The freedom to no pay taxes on their winnings from #1.......

Here is just a bit on the Rockefeller Foundation:
https://www.rockefellerfoundation.or...s/our-history/

Old 09-13-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:

No $10 gas & shortages.

Complex subjects that don't lend themselves to such "conclusions"....

For the first time in our history, gasoline and oil use has been steady or declining. As I'm sure you know, that keeps prices low. Now, why are they declining????

Bush/Obama car MPG requirements.
Electric and Hybrid Cars and PV and Wind Generation
Cleaner fuels in general (including nat gas) replacing them for electric generation.....

The largest installed NEW electric generation in the USA for many years has been Solar and Wind - the equiv. of MULTIPLE nuclear plants.

Venezuela fell apart. Russia is reeling under sanctions.

Even with all of this, gas went up a solid 10-20% plus relatively recently......

The market never stops....personally (been in the biz a long time), I'm buying a very high MPG car because I expect higher oil prices. As I said above, we already have them - $50 to fill a tank is not a joke. $60 will be worse.

Notice that US Electric use is also declining/
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...on-since-1975/

Why? Well, it's called efficiency and it's all those things Republicans fought against in the name of "freedom". But that's amazing - as our population grows, electric use stays stable or goes down!

Give credit where it is due. Efficiency is what tells the tale. The future belongs to the efficient - almost no matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies